Ever since as early as April of 2013, Trion have been hinting at a Rift 3.0 Content. Below I will be constantly updating with information on Rift 3.0 and what it entails for the player base.
Everything below is subject to change and some features may be completely removed by the time 3.0 hits Live.
- What is 3.0 About?.
- The Whiteboard.
- The Image.
- The Features.
- New Souls
- Bigger Role to Companions
What is 3.0 about?
Rift 3.0 will be about the Plane of Water. This Plane is filled with secrets, nightmares and insanity. The Sirens’ songs and Sinister Presences in the game have indicated the presence of an ancient, evil race known as the Akvan. They are asleep, but a device found during the underwater quest-chain on Ember Isle indicates they won’t be for long.
It is certain that Rift 3.0 will be heavily influenced by nightmares, insanity, secrets, dark magic and water-related content.
There will be new storyline quests, instant adventures, carnages, chronicles, dungeons and raids as with any new continent/island content as well as new features not yet available in the game.
“Nightmare Tide” is the name of the 3.0 expansion.
Back in April 2013, one of the numerous weekly Livestreams that Trion showcased revealed a startling Whiteboard with a ton of clues to possible future content. Trion has used a Whiteboard to reveal future content before, and this was likely another teaser by the company to its player base.
For more details on speculation on what is listed on the Whiteboard, check out the article.
The Rift 3.0 Plane of Water Image is a cross-section of the Plane of Water.
This appeared on the 3.0 Whiteboard but was too small to make out. Luckily Dead Simon had a much larger copy and focused it in on the webcam during a Rift Livestream. It reveals that there are multiple layers of content in Rift 3.0.
For more details on the 3.0 Plane of Water Image, check out the article.
Nightmare Tide World Map – WIP
TehFrank datamined a work-in-progress version of the RIFT 3.0: Nightmare Tide World Map:
For a slightly more detailed version of some portions of the map, check out our mini-map compilations:
- Goboro Reef Top Area Mini-Map Compilation
- Draum Heim City Area Mini-Map Compilation
- Tarken Glacier Mini-Map Compilation [Bottom-Right] [Top]
There’s a large amount of locations for each zone, as shown above. Some interesting locations pop up such as “Shadow Scion”, “Landquarium” and “Prison of the Old Gods”.
Dead Simon stated that they are looking to add small bits of Water Content prior to Rift 3.0 to see player response and get a feel for just how much water content versus ‘dry’ content they want to implement in Rift 3.0.
Below is an assortment of content we’ve heard about from official channels.
Last Updated: 29th August 2014
Name: “Nightmare Tide”
ETA: October 8th 2014 [r]
Daglar mentioned during the Dendrome Livestream that Rift 3.0 will be free. All content and any possible level caps will be free.
There will be 3 different collector’s editions of Nightmare Tide for those who wish to support the game. [r]
RIFT 3.0: Nightmare Tide will open up with the following instanced content: [r]
- 6 new Dungeons (Normal/Expert) [4 new; 2 revamped (one revamp = Iron Tomb)] [r]
- 1 new Chronicle
- 1 new Sliver
- 1 new Raid
Of course, as we get new 3.x patches, new instanced content will open up later on.
Further Information Compilation
- Classes/Callings will be getting new abilities.
- Level Cap will be 65. New ‘Mastery‘ gained from list of options you can choose from based on your Calling rather than you Soul for each Level above 60.
- Mentoring Up – Ability to mentor up.
- New Equipment Slots – 2 new equipment slots that can be gained via purchasing the Nightmare Tide Digital Edition or earned in-game.
- Current BiS gear (Level 60 Tier 3 gear) will last until Level 65 and “a bit beyond that”.
- PvP Gear Improvements - allow smaller gear gap; allow PvP players to have an easier time getting into PvE content.
- PvE Gear Improvements – TOUGHNESS is being removed. GUARD is a new Tank stat that provides an aura with positive benefits to players within x meters of the tank.
- Plane of Water content including Glaciers, Dream City, Coral zone and ‘Landquariums’.
- New Craft Profession Level – Savant. Savant: Level 450.
- Nightmare Rifts - Multiple stages, multiple ranks. Possibly arrive prior to 3.0.
- Rare Rift Mobs in Rifts. Achievement shown for “rare rift mobs in rifts”.
- New Raids, Dungeons and Chronicle content.
- New Raid Zone Instant Adventures – Hammerknell Fortress Instant Adventures.
- Minions - Account-wide pets that can perform various activities, level up and go on missions (via adventure cards). Further Info.
- Some of the old dungeons will be making a come-back in 3.0.
- Goldfish Mount.
- Water and Amphibious Mounts - To help traverse the new Water content.
- Shark Mount. Seems to be Amphibious.
- New Zones (4) – Goboro Reef, Draumheim and Tarken Glacier are possible names for 3 of them.
- Goboro Reef IA UI. UI-only Goboro Reef on the Instant Adventure window. (Note: This was available on the PTS for a short amount of time before being removed; but is an indicator of things to come)
- Conquest Power + Perks to be removed.
- The Gyel Fortress Dungeon – Hound Master Kytus and Admiral Nezavar boss achieves available for Standard and Expert Difficulty.
- Nightmare Coast Dungeon – Lord Arak’s Ritual boss encounter achievement up, including Standard and Expert Difficulty indicators.
- Glacial Maw Dungeon – Looks to potentially be inside the ‘Lake Monster’ on Tarken Glacier.
- Return to Empyrean Core. Potential Level 60 or 65 revamp of Empyrean Core.
- Return to Iron Tomb. Potential Level 60 or 65 revamp of Iron Tomb.
- Citadel of Insanity.
- RAIDS (possible):
- Draum Heim Datamined Models - Datamined models relating to Draum Heim.
- Horrors. Nightmare Rift Mobs.
- Possible New Factions: Atragarians, Cerulean Rhenke, Manugo League, The Onir, Pelagic Order and The Ghar.
- Possible New Craft Level: Savant.
- Rare Mob Achievements. Achievement list for Draumheim and Goboro Reef Rare Mobs.
- Water/Underwater Mount Skin
More will be posted as they come to light!