Ever since as early as April of 2013, Trion have been hinting at a Rift 3.0 Content. Below I will be constantly updating with information on Rift 3.0 and what it entails for the player base.
Everything below is subject to change and some features may be completely removed by the time 3.0 hits Live.
- What is 3.0 About?.
- The Whiteboard.
- The Image.
- The Features.
- New Souls
- Bigger Role to Companions
What is 3.0 about?
Rift 3.0 will be about the Plane of Water. This Plane is filled with secrets, nightmares and insanity. The Sirens’ songs and Sinister Presences in the game have indicated the presence of an ancient, evil race known as the Akvan. They are asleep, but a device found during the underwater quest-chain on Ember Isle indicates they won’t be for long.
It is certain that Rift 3.0 will be heavily influenced by nightmares, insanity, secrets, dark magic and water-related content.
There will be new storyline quests, instant adventures, carnages, chronicles, dungeons and raids as with any new continent/island content as well as new features not yet available in the game.
“Nightmare Tide” is the name of the 3.0 expansion.
Back in April 2013, one of the numerous weekly Livestreams that Trion showcased revealed a startling Whiteboard with a ton of clues to possible future content. Trion has used a Whiteboard to reveal future content before, and this was likely another teaser by the company to its player base.
For more details on speculation on what is listed on the Whiteboard, check out the article.
The Rift 3.0 Plane of Water Image is a cross-section of the Plane of Water.
This appeared on the 3.0 Whiteboard but was too small to make out. Luckily Dead Simon had a much larger copy and focused it in on the webcam during a Rift Livestream. It reveals that there are multiple layers of content in Rift 3.0.
For more details on the 3.0 Plane of Water Image, check out the article.
Nightmare Tide World Map – WIP
TehFrank datamined a work-in-progress version of the RIFT 3.0: Nightmare Tide World Map:
For a slightly more detailed version of some portions of the map, check out our mini-map compilations:
- Goboro Reef Top Area Mini-Map Compilation
- Draum Heim City Area Mini-Map Compilation
- Tarken Glacier Mini-Map Compilation [Bottom-Right] [Top]
Dead Simon stated that they are looking to add small bits of Water Content prior to Rift 3.0 to see player response and get a feel for just how much water content versus ‘dry’ content they want to implement in Rift 3.0.
Below is an assortment of content we’ve heard about from official channels.
Last Updated: 2nd July 2014
Name: “Nightmare Tide”
However, certain information we know thus far:
- A Patch 2.8 is on schedule. It is called RIFT 2.8: Madness Wakes. It will include the Nightmare Coast Dungeon (prelude dungeon) and some prelude quests.
- In a german video interview with Dead Simon a while back, Trion had suggested Summer 2014. This may not be likely though given current schedule.
- Initial 3.0 Closed Beta Testing has begun with a very small handful of external players since late May 2014. [r]
Daglar mentioned during the Dendrome Livestream that Rift 3.0 will be free. All content and any possible level caps will be free.
Preparing for 3.0. - Find out what sort of things you should look at to prepare for 3.0!
- Level Cap will be 65. New ‘Mastery‘ gained from list of options you can choose from based on your Calling rather than you Soul for each Level above 60.
- New Equipment Slots – 3 new equipment slots that can be gained via purchasing the Nightmare Tide Digital Edition or earned in-game.
- Current BiS gear (Level 60 Tier 3 gear) will last until Level 65 and “a bit beyond that”.
- New abilities for all Callings/Classes.
- Minions – Account-wide collectibles. Pets that can gather resources, collect currencies, find items and gain their own levels. They will have actual missions.
- Water and Amphibious Mounts - To help traverse the new Water content.
- Shark Mount. Seems to be Amphibious.
- Nightmare Rifts – Has ranks, and multiple stages (an achievement shows 15 stages). Possible 3.0 content – might arrive sooner.
- ‘Possible’ more 1-player Chronicles – Simon stated that this could possibly be added but would likely be less combat-oriented in nature.
- Puzzle Chronicles – They are “thinking of doing” Puzzle-based Chronicles. Unsure ETA, might appear sooner than 3.0.
- New Zones – Possibly 4 new. Goboro Reef, Draumheim and Tarken Glacier are 3 of them. (A PTS update briefly included a Goboro Reef Instant Adventure for Level 58-60).
- Dungeons – Will definitely be added.
- Raids – Will likely be added.
- New Craft Profession Level – Savant. Savant: Level 450.
- Rare Rift Mobs in Rifts. Achievement shown for “rare rift mobs in rifts”.
- The Gyel Fortress Dungeon – Hound Master Kytus and Admiral Nezavar boss achieves available for Standard and Expert Difficulty.
- Nightmare Coast Dungeon – Lord Arak’s Ritual boss encounter achievement up, including Standard and Expert Difficulty indicators.
- Glacial Maw Dungeon – Looks to potentially be inside the ‘Lake Monster’ on Tarken Glacier.
- Return to Empyrean Core. Potential Level 60 or 65 revamp of Empyrean Core.
- Return to Iron Tomb. Potential Level 60 or 65 revamp of Iron Tomb.
- Draum Heim Datamined Models - Datamined models relating to Draum Heim.
- Horrors. Nightmare Rift Mobs.
- Possible New Porticulum Locations:
- Possible New Factions: Atragarians, Cerulean Rhenke, Manugo League, The Onir, Pelagic Order and The Ghar.
- Possible New Craft Level: Savant.
- Rare Mob Achievements. Achievement list for Draumheim and Goboro Reef Rare Mobs.
- Water/Underwater Mount Skin
More will be posted as they come to light!