Summerfest has begun for RIFT this year and lasts from 3rd July till 24th July 2014!
Summerfest celebrates the Summer season in RIFT with a bunch of quests and Scavenger Hunts organized by the denizens of the Plane of Life – fellow boglings and fairies join Telarans to relax through the hot Summer days.
- Phase 1: Beat The Heat lasts from 7/3/14 till 7/10/14. Phase 2: Lazy Summer lasts from 7/10/14 till 7/24/14. The main difference between the two phases is that all the Summerfest Scavenger Hunt Part 1s are for Phase 1 and the Summerfest Scavenger Hunt Part 2s are for Phase 2.
- The Rift Store has a new, temporary section called “World Events” with a whole bunch of new Summerfest-related items, including +78 HIT rings and highly desirable Lesser Essences. You can check them all out here.
- There are Summerfest Quests at all major cities (Sanctum, Meridian and Tempest Bay) for you to check out!
- You can also Catch Summerfest Pets in the open-world in Mathosia! Check out the “Summerfest Pet Guide” by bushkanaka86! It’s for 2013, but the locations should still be the same this year! Skip to the “Rare Spawn Pets” section for locations of all the pets you can catch!
- You can also check out TehFrank’s Map of where they all spawn.
- Note: Anyone can capture the same pet within the 5min that the pet is up between 1hr spawn times (thanks to Selim@Faeblight for the correction!)
- There’s also Critter Capture Quests (although you don’t get the pets for these) that involve catching critters in Storm Legion zones. You get the quest from Darryl (the bug-squishing quest-giver in Sanctum/Meridian quest hubs). Once you capture them in the open world (using the reactive you get when you are near them), you can turn them in at the cages you’ll find at the major quest hubs (Sanctum, Meridian).
- Participate in Summerfest Scavenger Hunts! These reward the limited currency, Summerfest Friendship Bracelets. Check out the following guides:
- Rifthead has a guide for the Mathosia zone quests: The Little Scavenger Hunt Part 1 + 2 and The Great Scavenger Hunt Part 1 + 2. (Note: This is a 2012 guide so be aware that some objectives/quests may have changed).
- RiftJunkies has a guide for the Storm Legion zone quests: The Brevane Scavenger Hunt Part 1 + 2 and The Dusken Scavenger Hunt Part 1 + 2. (Scroll down to the ‘Storm Legion Scavenger Hunt’ section. Note: This is a 2013 guide so be aware that some objectives/quests may have changed).
- Note: Part 1 is available during Phase 1. Part 2 will become available in Phase 2.
Hope this information proves useful to you!
A few things to note:
- The following quests have been extensively reworked for this year: Skull Rain, Super Charger, Estranged Brew and Gorging on Gold. As such they may have new bugs. Please report them in-game if you find any issues with these quests.