Masteries are the new addition to the Soul system with the expansion RIFT 3.0: Nightmare Tide (22nd October 2014). Below you will find a basic run-down of the Mastery System in RIFT.
The Basics of Masteries
Here’s a rundown on the basics of what Masteries are.
- Each level above Level 60 brings forth a new selection of Masteries.
- Masteries are only visible at Level 61+. They appear to the right of your soul tree.
- You gain Masteries instead of new Soul Points above Level 60.
- You can choose one Mastery for each Level.
- Your choice of Masteries are saved per spec, but you can change them when out of combat (so you don’t need to go to your Class Trainer to reset).
Some other things to note:
- Abilities (mainly Level 65 Masteries) with multiple versions depend on your souls.
- Ethereal Damage is a new damage type that currently has no resistance. You can consider it an armor/resist-piercing damage type.