Trion had their 10th October 2014 Friday Livestream where they showed off the Level 65 Chronicle “Shadow From the Beyond”, the Level 65 dungeon “Citadel of Insanity” and the new upcoming warfront “Ghar Station Eyn”.
Click here for a replay of the 10th October Friday Livestream video on twitch.tv.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 10th October 2014 Friday Livestream with Livestreamer “Cole” Marshall, Dungeon Designer Marko “Epsiry” Sohrakoff, “Rich” and Executive Producer Bill “Daglar” Fisher.
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
Shadow From the Beyond
Shadow From the Beyond is the new Level 65 introductory chronicle. In terms of timeline it is set just after the main storyline in Tarken Glacier (the last zone) so you probably want to complete all story quests prior to starting on this chronicle if you want to make sense of what is going on.
They didn’t show all areas, but did reveal the Grumdon and Thrawn fights as well as the fact that the Frenzied Icebug rare mob will drop a chest when you kill him. He is found on the path after Thrawn.
In short, some strange objects flying across the sky disrupts celebrations for the Ascended and takes you on a journey to uncover a more powerful foe that gave Lady Glasya her Oculons.
Citadel of Insanity
Trion showed off the entire ‘Citadel of Insanity’ Level 65 normal dungeon although mechanics were hardly shown as Rich used dev cheats to kill them off (and was invulnerable to any damage).
- Kondraum leads you through the dungeon in an attempt to get back to his throne.
- Skylla encounter requires you to destroy towers before they become portals. You don’t have to take Skylla’s HP to 0. He ends up having mechanics to deal with if you don’t DPS down the portals fast enough.
- For one of the encounters, you’ll need to destroy eggs to survive.
Ghar Station Eyn
Ghar Station Eyn is a new upcoming warfront (originally named “Battle for the Numero Eleven”). The warfront has 11 Numbers to pick up and multiple Manugo Stations for additional points.
- Numbers act like Fang/Runes. They deal increasing damage to you and surrounding players (according to Livestream, might be surrounding Number-holders like how Runes work in Library of the Runemasters).
- You take Numbers to Manugo Stations dotted around the map and interact with the Manugo Stations to gain additional points.
- Multi-level terrain. Lots of stairs.
- Mounting is allowed.
- There’s even a two-level tower with 3 Numbers and multiple hiding/line-of-sight areas.
- Players start in either the top-left or top-right region.
- Numbers are spread symmetrically throughout the map. 3 in the central tower, 3 on each side area and 2 in the middle.
Trion noted that there might be an official playtest for this warfront prior to 3.0 hitting live although you are always welcome to test the warfront out at any time on the PTS.
A few other tidbits were provided during the livestream:
- If enough players ask, Trion might introduce Level 65 Gilded Prophecy.
- Currency weekly caps are not being removed.
- There’s not going to be a Mayhem event prior to Nightmare Tide launch.
- Daglar re-confirmed that the 155% mount comes from Manugo League notoriety vendor. (not up on PTS yet).
- Master Mode dungeons are probably not coming back.
- DEV_Supermansocks showed off the Cobalt Crabnarok Mount.
For avid livestreamers, Cole also mentioned that he uses Xsplit for streaming and Saffire Mix Control (spelling correct) for sound. Plus a whole bunch of other equipment not mentioned.
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x Ducklar companion pet to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Nightmare Tide Typhoon Digital Edition Pack to 4 livestream viewers.
- 1x Nightmare Tide Ultimate Nightmare Digital Edition Pack + Community Mount (TROVE game item) to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
Congratulations to all the winners!
(From Left to Right: Cole, Marko, Daglar and Rich)
Shadow From the Beyond, Citadel of Insanity and Ghar Station Eyn were showed off today. Wonder what Trion will show next week – perhaps the new gear models, and besides RoughRaptors’ livestreams, Trion haven’t officially showed of the Rhen of Fate or Mount Sharax raids on their official Trion Livestream yet. Look (possibly) forward to those!
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.