You will want to pick up this quest as soon as possible because it takes a considerable amount of time to complete and you do not want to waste Warfront/Expert charges before picking this quest up.
Note: You can pick this quest up after RIFT 3.0: Hotfix #9. You don’t have to wait for Fae Yule (which officially starts at 3:30PM ST on Thursday 11th Dec 2014).
The Faelight Sparkle weekly quest is obtained from Stuttk Fyrirthig who is the Warfront Recruiter at Flargle Plaza in Draumheim at (5623, 5452) where you get your Guns for Hire and Carnage: Ascended PvP Weekly quests:
/setwaypoint 5623 5452
The ‘Faelight Sparkle’ weekly quest involves collecting 500x Faelight Sparkle and rewards a ‘Faelight Sparkling Shard of Wonder’.
Gaining Faelight Sparkle
Here’s how you can gain Faelight Sparkles:
- 6x from Random Level 65 Warfront Win if you used up a daily Random charge.
- 4x from Random Level 65 Warfront Win if you do not use a daily Random charge (i.e. you’ve run out).
- 6x from Random Level 65 Expert Dungeon if you used up a daily Random charge.
- 4x from Random Level 65 Expert Dungeon if you do not use a daily Random charge (i.e. you’ve run out).
- 10x from a Conquest win when looting Conquest Chest.
- 4x from Nightmare Tide Zone Events.
- 1x from Non-Nightmare Tide Zone Events.
The Faelight Sparkle appears in your Rift Loot Bag and then in your Quest Log item slots (press “l“), or Inventory if your Quest Log item slots are full.
Note: For Conquest Wins, the Conquest Chest is located (for the winning faction) at:
- Conquest: Stillmoor Map: Eye of Regulos (center of the map);
- Conquest: Steppes of Infinity Map: At the center of each Fort.
Only the winning faction can loot after 5min timer is over. You have 10min after 5min timer to try to loot the Chest. It has a cast time that can be interrupted by enemy attacks.
Faelight Sparkling Shard of Wonder
What does the Faelight Sparkling Shard of Wonder item do? It rewards you with random class-specific gear from the first few bosses of Rhen of Fate or Mount Sharax raid bosses.
There’s a 50/50 chance of getting tank or dps/heal gear. [r]
Good luck with completing this quest! You’ll probably want to pick it up asap so you don’t ‘waste’ charges. Check out the full Fae Yule World Event 2014 guide!
Also, check out some Zone Event Trackers to make farming the zone events easier!