Advertisements

RIFT 3.1: Storm At Sea Launches Jan 28th

Tyrant's Throne The Yrlwalach Feature Image

Trion has announced that RIFT 3.1: Storm at Sea will launch on January 28th 2015.

Patch Down-time

All shards will go down for Patch 3.1 + server maintenance at 12AM PST/8AM GMT 28th Jan 2015. Down-time will be approximately 11hrs. [r]

RIFT 3.1: Storm At Sea

The Patch contains:

• Tyrant’s Throne – a new island off south-east coast of Goboro Reef with a new storyline revolving around Crucia and the remnants of the Storm Legion.
  • Tyrant’s Forge – a new 3-boss Tier 1 20-man raid that will launch a week after 3.1.
  • Chronicle: The Rhen of Fate – A new chronicle which also contains Hard Mode encounters that you can trigger by clicking on the red orbs prior to each boss.
  • New Raid Rift: “The Darkest Magic” – A new Raid Rift in Draumheim – The Darkest Magic – will be available.
  • Planar Attunement – Three new PA trees are coming: Steam, Dusk and Dust with all new PA levels.
  • Other Stuff – A bunch of other stuff are coming including some class changes, 6+ new Minion cards, a Crucia cape, whole bunch of UI changes and more!

You can check out Trion’s article here.

More Information

Patch 3.1 Patch Notes are up! Check them out here!

What Can I Do?

Do you want to prepare as much as possible beforehand? Consider some of the following:

• Dailies for PA. Stock up on some completed dailies that reward high PA XP from quests you normally don’t do on a daily basis – like Level 60 dailies/weeklies. This will help give you a boost for PA.
  • Reset PA. Be sure to have enough plat to re-arrange your Planar Attunement after the patch comes in since you can get rid of some of the Tier 3 fluff from your old PA and put it into stat PA in the new PA trees.
  • Get Craft Marks. Increase your craft marks so that you can obtain the Minion Card: C1-0N3 recipe which costs 75 Grand, 250 Master and 1,000 Artisan Marks. Future patches may bring a new Outfitter bag and Earring recipes for Artificer.
  • Pickup Chronicle Daily. A Chronicle Daily NPC will appear opposite the Raid Rift daily NPC in Flargle Plaza. Don’t forget to pick the quest up before you do your Chronicle!
  • Bonus Loot Iron Tomb. Get ready to search for that “hidden loot” in Iron Tomb.
  • Don’t Upgrade Essences. Don’t upgrade your RIFT Store-bought Essences (the Ghar notoriety ones). Those will get a significant upgrade cost reduction.

See you all on 28th Jan 2015 for Patch 3.1!

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Categories: Archives

7 Comments on “RIFT 3.1: Storm At Sea Launches Jan 28th”

1. SwobyJ
    January 22, 2015 at 10:18 pm #

Tyrant’s Throne – Okay..uh.. I really want to at least finish Tarken Glacier and the rest of my Normal Dungeons before this… (I’m Lv 45.5 and 1/2 way through the zone)

Tyrant’s Forge – Well, this will have to wait for Spring-Summer for me 😛

The Rhen of Fate (Chronicle) – Cool! But.. I have to get to Lv 65 and do the other one first.

The Darkest Magic (Raid Rift) – Cool! But.. I got a while go go..

Planar Attunement – This is neat, but I don’t need it yet. Only 1/2 way through PA otherwise. But I wonder if we’ll ever be able to visit these Nexus.

What will I be doing to prep for 3.1? Not much, really. Crafting dailies, and finishing Tarken Glacier. If that. I’m too busy otherwise. But I like this patch so far.

• Mirandiral
      January 23, 2015 at 6:06 am #

This patch is meant for those that just finished up the original expansion content. I’m sure they’ll have a patch soon, maybe next, meant more for those not at cap. PA hasn’t been changed for over a year, so this has been long time coming. Most of the raid rifts aren’t dropping anything good, so they made one worth farming for some decent loot….finally.

I see this patch as a hold over for the raiders/advancement of RP storyline until the new raid and content comes with NT T2, something RiftGrate has been showing as well.

• January 23, 2015 at 1:07 pm #

Yep, I agree. It’s a stop-gap with a small island content, new zone events, raid rift and a 3-boss Tier 1 raid. There’s a lot of re-used models compared to the Tier 2 raid that seems to use brand new everything – will be exciting to see that. For lower-level players, Tacitus should be working on those Hammerknell Instant Adventures at some point and Dead Simon teased those three additional artifact types.

2. Chak @Brutwacht
    January 23, 2015 at 3:10 am #

Sounds like a lot fun =)

3. Ruppo
    January 24, 2015 at 5:33 am #

Just more crap from Trion.
    So happy i stopped playing this game a month ago

• Ulidan
      January 25, 2015 at 3:39 am #

Useless comment. Calling names of people or products doesn’t give you any credit.
      If you want to be a critic at least write a detailed explained remark.
      And if you don’t play anymore how can you form an opinion and why would you care to?

4. Kimatsu
    January 28, 2015 at 5:31 am #

@Ulidan – When I feel something is crap, like a game for example; I don’t intend to waste more time than I need to explaining why. I’m not trying to sell you on the idea, I’m stating my opinion.

So when someone says something is “crap” like Ruppo, – Let it go, it’s not for you. Fanboyism can be hard to cure, so we don’t bother wasting the time.

Have a nice day son.