Trion had their 27th March 2015 Friday Livestream where they talked about the upcoming 3.2 Wardrobe System and showed off some of the bosses of the upcoming Tier 2 Hammerknell 20-man raid. A few other tidbits were provided for other areas of the game, including visible Elo Rating for PvP.
Click here for a replay of the 27th March 2015 Livestream video on twitch.tv. RIFT portion starts at about 2hrs and 2min into the video.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 28th March 2015 Friday Livestream with Livestreamer “Cole” Marshall, Game Designer Haley “Anony” Chivers, Game Designer Marko “Epsiry” Sohrakoff and Senior UI Artist Amber “Gingers” Alexander.
Table of Contents:
- 3.2 Wardrobe System: Wardrobe Collection, Dye System, Weapon Wardrobe, Transition to 3.2, Achievements, Set Collections & Favorites, Other Info.
- Tier 2 Return to Hammerknell: General HK Info, Old HK Achievement to Legacy, Specific Boss Information, More Loot.
- Other Info: Mounts Sorted by Speed, Bag Search Commands, Visible Elo Rating, New Warfront, Livestream Chat Tidbits.
- Livestream Giveaways.
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
3.2 Wardrobe System
Gingers went over the wardrobe system coming in 3.2. You can find the bulk of information in her 3.2 Wardrobe Update article. A bit of further explanations and how-to were given in the livestream.
There’s a new Wardrobe Collection system in place. You collect appearances when an item hits your inventory. Existing items in your inventory/bank/etc will also be included on transition.
- Wardrobe unlocks are Region-wide.
- Wardrobe Sets unchanged. So you can unlock up to 39.
- You can rename your Wardrobe Sets. Commands remain the same /wardrobe #. i.e. /wardrobe 4.
- This new system is free of charge. (You’ll still need to pay to unlock wardrobe sets like you do now. You won’t lose any of your currently unlocked wardrobe sets.)
Wardrobe Slot Selection
Slots have become buttons. You click on it (say Legs) to display a new window with all the Legs you have collected.
As you can see they are sorted by Costume or armor type (Leather, Chain/etc).
How many you can see is based on how many appearances you have unlocked. There’s also a “Show Uncollected” tickbox at the top of the window if you want to see all the items you have not collected, and a drop-down so you only see appearances from a certain category (like ‘Leather Shoulders’). There’s also a search field.
At some point after 3.2, Trion would like to add a Favorites category so you can right-click any appearance and bring it to the top in its own Favorites category.
- Make sure to click “Save” after your changes, or simply close the window and it will revert back to your old wardrobe.
- If you want to ’empty’ a slot, you can just right-click on the slot and it will switch to your currently-equipped gear appearance. If you want to go ‘naked’, just untick the checkbox next to it like you do now.
The dye system has changed. Dye colors are now tied to the dye slot, not the item itself.
Example: Say you have Primary: Blue and Secondary: Red dye color for the Helm slot in Wardrobe Set #3. If you change the helm appearance, the helm will automatically have Primary: Blue and Secondary: Red dye for that particular wardrobe set.
Dye Bucket System
There’s also now a Dye Bucket system. The dyes in the Dye Bucket System are unlimited-use dyes.
- You will initially get a few dye bucket unlocks for free.
- The rest you will need to purchase with Credits. Pricing currently unknown.
- Dye Bucket Unlocks are account-wide.
- Dye Buckets are not tradable.
- Those with the Nightmare Black dye from the Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack will have that unlocked for unlimited use with the new system.
The existing one-use dyes will still remain. You apply them to a dye slot in your wardrobe set by clicking on the slot. They will not be added to the Dye Bucket system (so they won’t become unlimited use; one-use dyes remain one-use dyes although there will be unlimited-use versions).
There’s two toggle buttons in the top-right corner of the dye window.
- Paint Brush – Allows you to simply edit a single dye slot.
- Paint Bucket – Allows you to edit the dye color for all dye slots.
Items that you can’t dye right now or have only one color will still remain like that. If you want additional dye options for an item that can’t be dyed right now, best to ask in Suggestions.
Weapon wardrobes are getting a buff. You’ll now be able to choose weapon appearances for each of your wardrobe sets, and for each of the available weapon slots for your class. I.e., Rogues can’t wield shields, so there’s no shield wardrobe slot for Rogues.
The weapon wardrobe you see will depend on what weapons you have equipped in your character’s gear slots. I.e. If you wield a 1h+oh, the 1h+oh weapon appearances in your currently selected wardrobe set will appear. If you switch to a 2-hander, the 2-hand weapon appearance will appear.
- Weapon Wardrobe acts like the other wardrobe features, so you can have separate weapon appearances for each wardrobe set.
The Transfiguration Bauble will no longer be relevant. It still exists, but Trion will remove it from the RIFT Store because you can just use the new, free weapon wardrobe system.
You can still apply appearances to your actual gear just like you do now. Although weapon wardrobe has priority, you can view the baubled item appearance by right-clicking the weapon wardrobe slot/s and making them empty. This will allow you to see the character’s equipped weapon.
Transition to 3.2
When 3.2 hits, all your existing items in your inventory/bank on all characters will have their appearances automagically collected. For your existing wardrobe sets, the appearances/dyes will remain in their respective slots within your wardrobe sets. However, the actual items will be sent back to you via in-game mail.
The system will also unlock:
- Items you have earned previously but since discarded, like certain achievement rewards.
- Items you have transfigured. The transfigured appearance should also be automatically unlocked when 3.2 hits.
A lot of achievements will be added in with the new Wardrobe System. Stuff like ‘x number of Legs’ and ‘x number of Helms’ collected for now. In the future there might be achievements for collecting sets, but not for 3.2 launch.
Set Collections & Favorites
Trion would like to add a Favorites category to each slot as well as Set Collections so you can track available sets and which pieces you are missing. However, they ran out of time so these won’t be available for 3.2, but will probably be coming in the future.
- Currently no plans to add titles, mounts and pets to this new system due to resource/time constraints.
- New Wardrobe System comes with Patch 3.2. ETA on 3.2 is currently unknown, but slated for some time in April.
- Changes will be on PTS soon, but no ETA.
Tier 2 Return to Hammerknell Raid
Showed off some of the Return to Hammerknell Tier 2 20-man raid.
General HK Info
- The upcoming Tier 2 20-man raid is officially called “Return to Hammerknell”.
- All 11 bosses from the original Hammerknell Fortress will be available.
- All HK bosses will be available on 3.2 release.
- No skipping of lower wings; so you can’t skip to the upper floor. Must kill all lower-floor bosses first.
- Trash mobs have a chance of dropping unique gear for slot/s that you can’t get anywhere else for Tier 2.
- Some bosses will have old mechanics whilst others will have new mechanics that build on the theme of their old mechanics.
- The Return to Hammerknell raid will be one instance lock-out.
- Unsure if there are new models for gear, but the model Anony showed was a model for Nightmare Tide Crafted gear.
- Bosses drop 400-450 Fragments of Madness, a new currency. According to system messages in the livestream, the weekly cap is 5,400 Fragments of Madness.
Old HK Achievements to Legacy
Old HK achievements will become Legacy. This means you will not be able to obtain the Swift Armored Murdantix Bridle or the “Tide Mistress”/”Tide Master” title after 3.2 hits. If you’re a mount collector, you might want to consider finishing off those few achievements you still have to do prior to 3.2.
Old HK achievements are currently found under Achievements (default key “h” -> Raids -> RIFT -> Hammerknell Fortress).
Trion could make them available elsewhere, but there’s been no indication of this. The new HK achieves for 65 have a new title “The Beast” and mount “Storm Legion Lifter Mount“. (The mount could be placeholder, since the Storm Legion Lifter Mount is an existing mount available during Arclight Infiltration Promo Week).
Specific Boss Information
Some boss mechanics were briefly talked about.
- Vladmal Prime has changed a lot.
- Adds will come in about 30secs into the fight.
- There are two different lights at the bottom of the encounter. Adds will spawn with shields that make them invulnerable – you must bring them to the correct light. Taking them to the wrong light will have consequences.
- An exchange between Epsiry and Anony seems to suggest that you either need 2 or 4 tanks for this fight.
- Vladmal Prime seems to enrage if you take him down to the bottom of the encounter so you can’t just have the raid fight him near the lights.
- Estrode seems to have changed a bit.
- Similar theme with Estrode still gaining abilities based on which soul buffs she has.
- Quadrants of the encounter room will turn red – likely doing damage if you are in them.
- There’s a ton of neutral ‘Lost [Soul] Soul’ wisps all over the place with each Class’s souls (i.e. ‘Lost Sentinel Soul’). Unknown what the exact mechanic for these wisps are.
- Inquisitor Garau is now significantly harder because the golems will activate one by one.
- You can no longer prevent golems from activating.
- You must kill all three golems before Inquisitor Garau can be killed.
- Akylios will be the original Level 50 Akylios, pre-nerfs, scaled up to 65. 20min fight.
- Hit Debuff is still present called ‘Voice of Madness’ which decreases your Hit by 120.
Here’s the full list of loot shown during the livestream. The Hit on pieces still needs to be adjusted and Trinkets don’t have stats yet:
You’ll notice the Trinket at the bottom doesn’t have any stats. However, it’s name is “Canticle of” and doesn’t have a suffix. Chances are multiple (if not all Classes) will get their own version of this Trinket, with “Canticle of” describing the proc, and the suffix relating to the stats it will have.
Mounts Sorted by Speed
As the heading suggests, mounts will be sorted by speed with 3.2!
Bag Search Commands
There’s some new bag search commands coming with 3.2. Press CTRL+F to start the search function, and then input the following commands:
- /d to see all dimension items. (/dimension works too).
- /c to show all crafting items. Ingredients, Goods and Materials.
- /u or /usable which will show all usable/consumable items.
- /w or /wardrobe which will highlight all wardrobe/costume items.
Visible Elo Rating
When 3.2 hits you will now be able to see your Elo Rating. Currently this is hidden, but will be visible under the PvP tab in your PvP window (default key “k“) going forward.
- Elo rating is based on your win/lose record in Warfronts. The more you win, the higher it is.
- If you win against players with higher Elo Rating than you, your score will go up a lot more than against a player with a lower Elo Rating.
Whilst showing off the Elo Rating, the default Warfronts tab in the PvP window revealed a new warfront: Hive Kaaz’Gfuu Assault. No other information was made available as the livestreamers did not touch on this new warfront. We’ll just have to wait and see what it could be.
For now you can check out on some speculation about the warfront here.
Livestream Chat Tidbits
- New Gear Appearance. Vladd mentioned that new HK gear will have a new appearance. Anony’s helm drop uses the Mage NT craft helm gear model – unsure if that’s what Vladd means or if there’s actual new gear models for Return to Hammerknell.
- Dyes. Archonix will ask Marigold about dye colors coming out ‘different’ on the Butler’s Bundle.
- Sun Dresses. Not sure if it was a joke, but Archonix stated that Trion is working on allowing ‘Sun Dresses’ for male Bahmi’s.
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x Ducklar Companion Pet to 3 livestream viewers.
- 1x Minion Card: Rough Raptor to 3 livestream viewers. [Rarest card in the game; only other time available was during Extra Life 2014 charity event, and the previous livestream].
- 1x Levitate Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
Congratulations to all the winners!
(From Left to Right: Cole, Anony, Epsiry and Gingers)
A lot of information provided for the Wardrobe System coming in 3.2! Also an interesting sneak peek at the Tier 2 Hammerknell Fortress 20-man raid and other tidbits like mount speed sorting and visible Elo Rating for PvPers!
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.