Trion had their 24th April 2015 Friday Livestream where they answered a few questions and mentioned various tidbits of information in regards to RIFT.
Click here for a replay of the 24th April 2015 Livestream video on twitch.tv.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 24th April 2015 Friday Livestream with Community Manager Eric “Ocho” Cleaver, Senior Design Director (Artifact Guy) Simon “Dead Simon” Ffinch and Senior Game Designer (Atrophinius/Lore Troll) Nicholas “Captain Cursor” McDowell.
Table of Contents:
- Livestream Information
- Livestream Giveaways.
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
The livestream was more of a Q&A as well as some other information slotted in. No real details on anything.
Note: One major thing to note is that Captain Cursor likes to troll – so take everything mentioned here relating to CC with a grain of salt.
Captain Cursor stated he recently voice-acted a dinosaur and skywhale. [There’s concept art for a ‘skywhale’, and since CC is voicing it, this skywhale might end up being a relatively prominent character in the future.]
[So, the whale in the background from an image Captain Cursor tweeted back in March might be this ‘skywhale’. The tweet mentioned “Working on new zones” so the skywhale might be in the Planetouched Wilds or Myrkur Depths.
As for the dinosaur…]
[Perhaps this is it? It could also just be Captain Cursor trolling us though since the concept of dinosaurs was mentioned by Rift Reforged when this concept art first popped up earlier this year.]
- Trion stated they had more stuff for PvP, not open world though. No details.
- Ocho talked to the team about improving matchmaking and there’s engineers looking at the Elo rating to make sure everything is working properly.
- They’d like to do another devs-in-CQ event but no ETA.
- Captain Cursor stated that Planetouched Wilds ‘might’ work for a new Conquest Map, but not at launch.
- If you are interested in holding a PvP Contest, PM CM Ocho.
[From what we know thus far, there’s likely a Hive Kaaz’Gfuu Assault warfront map coming in the future.]
Tried to get Lord Arak as a Warfront Announcer but the voice actor who plays him also voice acts for the Faceless Man and they sounded too similar.
However, some new announcers are coming soon.
- One of them is Cosmologist Mann.
- [Another one is likely Finric, given past datamining.]
- Wardrobe Favorites coming next patch or so. Will allow you to select appearances for favorites and add them to their own category.
- Tooltips will be updated to show you if you’ve collected an item (instead of just if you haven’t like it currently is). Tooltip will also tell you what the appearance is actually called, not just your current item’s name.
- When asked if there were any new 5-man dungeons in the pipeline, the answer was “Yes”, but no announcements right now.
- New Profession. There are plans for a new profession but it’s a long-term goal. No specific information provided.
- Lucky Coins. Anything else to buy with lucky coins? Yes. No other details provided.
- Trion aware of FPS issue in Draumheim with recent hotfix. There’s a bunch of staff who are focused 100% on the framerate issue.
- Captain Cursor mentioned that he “would love to talk about monks as well…I mean!”. Might just be him trolling when they briefly mentioned a new calling and new souls (for said calling). They weren’t allowed to say what the new calling’s name is [currently known as Primalist by the player base] or any info on the new souls.
- CM Ocho will mention to appropriate staff that players want raid appearances on the Store [for Credits presumably like past gear appearances]. Not a confirmation.
- Will look into providing sound/music files to players but possible licensing issues.
- Lore: Planetouched Wilds is the home of the Bahmi, so expect to see a lot of Bahmi.
- Hair + Helm. Would love to do it, but would need to change the coding a lot and it would increase draw count leading to fps issues. Also expensive to code, so unlikely.
- The new Director of Community Relations Linda “Brasse” Carlson is a big fan of dwarves and they hope to have her on the next RIFT livestream in 2 weeks’ time.
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x Artifact Trove to 3 livestream viewers. Contains between 10-20 artifacts.
- 1x Levitate Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Dye Bucket Pack to 1 lucky livestream viewer! Contains all unlimited dye bucket unlocks.
- 1x Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
Congratulations to all the winners!
(From Left to Right: Ocho, Dead Simon and Captain Cursor)
Not Radar, but clearly someone was jealous and wanted some face-time on the livestream as well!
A few tidbits of information this time round. Tune in for the next livestream in two weeks’ time where CM Ocho will (probably) go over how to get into the gaming industry!
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.