RIFT news tidbits for 8th June 2015.
Unicornalia Promo Week
Unicornalia Promo Week has popped up. There’s Onyx and Opal Unicorn Mounts to hunt down until 3:30PM ST on Thursday, 11th June 2015.
- Guide: Unicornalia Promo Week. Need help with a quest, or want information on how to get that free Limited Edition: Sparkle Trove? Check out the guide!
- PTS Update for 8th June 2015. Various Mage Harbinger changes and change to Storm Locus; Summerfest Level 65 Rings and Essences are up on the PTS; Nightmare Squirrel Mount will be part of Summerfest World Event. More info here!
- NPCs Disabled Temporarily on PTS. SupermanSocks has announced that most NPCs are disabled on the PTS for testing purposes. You also won’t be able to go to Mathosia/Storm Legion continents. [r]
- New Minion: Keavy. A new Minion Card called “Keavy” has popped up in the discovery logs. Rarity: Uncommon. No information on attributes or how to obtain it. (Thanks to Gordi@Zaviel for the info!)
- Onslaught Quests in Tempest Bay. Krug has announced that in the patch after next, the Nightmare Tide questgivers in Tempest Bay will include the Onslaught Dailies/Weeklies. [r]
Crafting Rifts and Special Gear Teaser!
Morticus has provided another teaser for RIFT 3.3 with what looks to be a Weekly Quest for craft professions to obtain Planar-based Crafting Rift Lures.
He also showed off a recipe for a Helm “Destroyer’s charged Barbute” that has a new set gear bonus “Electrocution (0/2): You are filled with the power of the planes! Increases Attack Power by 250”.
The element-based Crafting Rift Lures might be where you’ll be able to obtain those Planar-based fishing rods datamined previously!
These aren’t up on PTS yet because all open world NPCs (excl. Tempest Bay) have been removed temporarily so there’s no way to check if this “Tephael the Usurper” has the quest/s available or not.
Interestingly the “Destroyer’s Charged Barbute” shown has at least one upgrade and provides a set bonus that increases your Attack Power by 250!
The ‘relic’ craft components such as “Imperishable Wind” will drop from the new Crafting Rifts. However, Morticus mentioned there are other ways to obtain them (no details though). [r]
Note that the screenshot shows the Helmet without Hit. This is a bug and the gear will have Hit by the time 3.3 hits. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Shadynn’s Island Resort [Dimension]. Feendish takes a tour of Shadynn@Greybriar’s “Shadynn’s Island Resort” dimension. The place is filled with all kinds of interesting creations, slot machines, paddle boats and even a go-kart course! Check it out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or check out the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.