RIFT news tidbits for 11th June 2015.
Summerfest World Event
The Summerfest World Event is on-going. There’s a ton to do including scavenger hunts, dailies, fishing, a new minion chain and all new Wings and Backpack costumes! Below you can find everything you need to know about Summerfest 2015:
- Summerfest Pet Guide by bushkanaka86. TehFrank’s Map.
- Summerfest Scavenger Hunts:
- The Great Mathosian Scavenger Hunt:
- The Great Empyrean Scavenger Hunt by JunkiesNation.
- The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt, Part 1 by Intim Gaming. [Video]
- New Minion Cards. There’s 6 new minion cards to collect!
- Summerfest 2015 Dimension Items by The Dimension Touring Company.
- Promo: RIFT Summer Sale. RIFT has a 50-75% off sale from now until June 21st 2015 for their Nightmare Tide, Classic and Soul Packs. Get the Storm Souls, Dream Souls, 90-day Patron and a whole plethora of other stuff for just $37.50 with the Laethys’ Fortune Pack! Full info on the various discounts and what they contain here!
- Notice: Planned NA Region Update. The North American shards will be going down for an ~1hr restart at 6/12/15, at 7:30 AM PDT. The shard restart is to (hopefully) resolve some crashing issues that Windows Vista users are experiencing. [r]
- Notice: Summerfest 10hr Minion Adventures Disabled. Due to some reward issues, the 10hr Summerfest Minion Adventures have been disabled until next week. Note also that a 6-star rating will “have a chance” to award Friendship Bracelets and Promo Boxes (so it might no longer be guaranteed, unlike past events). [r]
- Conquest: Steppes of Infinity Disabled. It seems that the Steppes of Infinity map for Conquest has been disabled, at least on the North American shards. No official word from Trion, but the only Conquest in the rotation all day has been Stillmoor.
- Glyph of Guardian/Defiance Removed. Morticus has announced some disheartening news: the Glyph of Defiance and Glyph of the Guardian that was supposed to be crafted by Runecrafters has been replaced by two new Glyphs on the PTS. No details on what those new Glyphs are, but looks like we aren’t getting the angel or metallic wings. [r]
- Wardrobe Refund Trick Not Exploit. Tacitus has re-confirmed that purchasing an item and then refunding it after it has been collected to wardrobe is not an exploit. That said, future costume-only items will likely be in bundles or use the new ‘consumable’ system that has been applied to Summerfest wings/backpacks. [r]
- Summerfest Scavenger Hunts Combined. For those who have done Summerfest before, you’ll notice that the Scavenger Hunts have been merged by ‘base/expansion’. You will get 6 Summerfest Friendship Bracelets in total for completing Part 1 and Part 2 of all the Scavenger Hunts. [r]
- The Little/Great Scavenger Hunts are now combined into The Great Mathosian Scavenger Hunt.
- The Little/Great Brevane/Dusken Scavenber Hunts are now combined into The Great Empyrean Scavenger Hunt.
- The new scavenger hunt for this year is The Great Planar Scavenger Hunt for the Plane of Water zones.
- Old guides (found at the top of this page) for Mathosian and Empyrean Scavenger Hunts should still be correct.
- Tulan Dimension Issues. The Tulan Dimension will be postponed until a future update due to issues with getting it to work from the test server to live server. Exact ETA unknown. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Rift Reforged Episode 37 [Video]. The folks over at Rift Reforged have had their latest livestream/podcast, going over the latest Rift news, Summerfest and hotfix patch notes. Check out the recorded video here!
- Summerfest 2015 Dimension Items [Dimension]. Check out screenshots and info about all the dimension items available in this year’s Summerfest by The Dimension Touring Company!
- Thorend’s Point [Dimension]. Dimension Diva over at DTC takes a look at Thorend’s Point by Thorend@Deepwood. Check out this amazing house-based dimension here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or check out the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.