Trion had their 12th June 2015 Friday Livestream where they talked about some of the content coming in 3.3 and beyond including a Nightmare Saga, Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy, Account Banks, Silver-tier Loyalty and more!
Click here for a replay of the 12th June 2015 Livestream video on twitch.tv.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
The RIFT Livestream included Community Manager Eric “Ocho” Cleaver, Game Director Christopher “Archonix” Junior, Senior Game Designer Nicholas “Captain Cursor” McDowell, [Secret Asian Man] “Icarus” and Senior Content Designer “krug”.
Table of Contents:
- RIFT 3.3 Content
- Nightmare Saga
- About Player Misconduct
- Other Info
- Livestream Schedule
- Livestream Giveaways
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
RIFT 3.3 Content
Trion talked about some of the stuff coming with 3.3. Here’s a quick list:
- Nightmare Saga questchain. (More info in next section below)
- Wardrobe Improvements.
- Account Banks.
- Tarken Glacier IAs.
- Queue for Random Chronicle.
- Planar Crafting.
- Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy 10-man Raid.
- Silver Loyalty Tier.
3.3 Patch Name
There was a little contention over what the name of the upcoming patch is actually called.
- Waking Nightmares?
- Waking Madness?
- Nightmare Wakes?
They’ll get back to us on that.
Trion did not mention any ETA for 3.3. However, they did mention that they are holding 3.3-related livestreams on the 26th June and 10th July. As such, we’re unlikely to see a release for 3.3 within the next month.
- You will be able to link wardrobe appearances in chat.
- You will be able to preview wardrobe appearances that are linked.
- An Appearance Sets Tab will be added to character window and CM Ocho mentioned there would be achievements attached to them as well.
You will be able to have ‘account banks’ in RIFT Patch #3.3.
- The Account Bank will allow you to store items between characters on the same shard.
- The Account Bank does not work cross-shard or cross-region.
- The Account Bank will initially have 32 slots.
- Will cost Credits. Unknown amount.
Tarken Glacier IAs
Tarken Glacier Instant Adventures will pop up with 3.3. This will be the first open world Level 65 Instant Adventure.
Archonix also talked about the response from players over the recent Hammerknell IAs. Great response from players. Also, Tacitus is working on more. No Details.
Will do both: Work on Open World IAs as well as Instanced IAs like Hammerknell.
Queue for Random Chronicle
You will be able to queue for a random Chronicle (1-2man instance; default key “j“).
- You will be able to gain daily rewards from the random queue.
- Rewards for daily random chronicle will be lower than daily random PvP/Experts.
Archonix very briefly mentioned Planar Crafting. Planar Crafting Rifts will be popping up in 3.3. No other information provided.
If you missed it, Morticus recently made a post with two interesting screenshots about Planar Crafting:
First up, there seems to be additional ‘Planar Crafting’ weeklies – likely for each crafting profession – which rewards your choice of a “Crafting Rift Lure: [Plane]”.
The second screenshot was of a “Destroyer’s Charged Barbute”. A Planar Craft item that has a unique 2-piece set bonus “Electrocution” that gives 250 extra Attack Power! There’s also a relic craft component “Imperishable Wind” which can be gained from the new crafted rifts as well as ‘by other means’ (details unknown).
Note: The Helmet doesn’t have Hit on it in this screenshot, but Morticus has stated that it will have Hit by the time it hits Live.
For more information, be sure to tune in to the next RIFT Livestream on 26th June 2015 which will be dedicated to Planar Crafting.
Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy
A refurbished-for-65 Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy 10-man Raid will pop up in RIFT 3.3.
Easy Mode Version
There will also be a new ‘Easy Mode’ version of the instance to allow players to progress a little more.
- Rewards will be different from the normal version of the instance.
- Archonix mentioned that you might get ‘lesser’ gear compared to the normal version bosses, or you might only get currency and no gear (or no bonus gear) from the bosses. Undecided on exactly what it will be.
Tune in to the 10th July 2015 RIFT Livestream where they’ll be talking about Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy and have more of the details on how Easy Mode will work.
Silver Loyalty Tier
A new loyalty tier above Black Tier will be coming to the game: Silver Loyalty Tier!
Only information provided thus far is that there will be a piggy-bank companion pet as part of the rewards called “Miss Moneypiggy”.
[Probably uses the datamined icon below:]
[This might back up the idea that the ‘blue-glow treasure map’ icon is an additional Treasure Map Boost similar to the other Treasure Maps in the current Loyalty Tiers.]
Quite a bit coming in Patch 3.3, and that doesn’t even include the vast amount of fluff/costume craft recipes and massive amount of Plane of Water-based dimension items coming in 3.3!
The Nightmare Saga is going to be a large questchain with unique and powerful rewards at the end, similar to the other Sagas like the most recent one, the Air Saga.
- Starts off relaxed and fun/silly, but the tone of the quests will become darker as you go through the Acts.
- Less hand-holding and touches every part of the game.
- Gives screen time to Orphiel Farwind. Asha Catari and Cyril Kalmar will also pop up.
- Takes you to places you’ve never seen before as well as places you’ve wanted to get back to.
- Every Act will end with a relatively tough encounter. Some quests will take you to do things you might not have done before.
- [Unknown how many Acts there are, but at least 3 were mentioned on the livestream.]
Tip: Get high notoriety with The Ghar faction. It will be useful as part of the Act.
Timeline of Release
The Nightmare Saga will be released over several weeks similar to how the Air Saga was introduced over several weeks via the Air Saga World Event. Acts will be released like episodic content.
Acts will be unlocked over those weeks; one Act every two weeks. [Unknown if this will appear right after 3.3 hits or later on.]
Gear from Nightmare Saga
There will be some impressive weapons tied to the Nightmare Saga.
- Tier 1 Upgradeable Weapons.
- These weapons have procs that have never been seen in-game before.
- Base and upgrade of the weapons will have different appearances.
Nightmare Saga Quests Preview
Trion previewed 2-3 quests. As mentioned before, things start off light-hearted and then gradually becomes darker.
- Act I is quite silly and light-hearted.
- Act II has a ‘supernatural mystery’ theme to it. You will feel like a detective. Visit Port Scion.
- Act III has puppet shows. “There are puppy shows” – CaptainCursor.
Act I: Slow, Steady, And Stressful
“Slow, Steady, and Stressful” is one of the quests in the Arc 1 of the Nightmare Saga. This is a timed race where you have to race your ‘Stress Dream’ as a shambler through a course that contains a variety of buffs/debuffs and jump pads.
Act I: Nightmare Scenario
At the end of Act I you will journey to Tempest Bay to fight the two assassins “Asho” and “Cryrro” who are tasked with assassinating Asha Catari and Cyril Kalmar.
You will need to use a reactive called “Dream Prison” to temporarily freeze one of the assassins whilst you deal with the other. They have a variety of abilities and without proper CC they are pretty tough.
Interestingly Asho does an ability that expands small red AoEs out in a spiral fashion. Something we haven’t seen before in Rift (usually AoE’s move out from the caster in a straight line).
Act II: Not Any Port
You will enter a PvE instance version of Port Scion. Throughout Act II you will be tracking down the origins of Lord Arak by traveling to the past. In this particular instance, you travel back to Port Scion and try to track down his presence.
At some point you’ll come to the entrance of the Lord Arak Raid (or as krug puts it, “Bad Man Scary Land”! This is called’ Glacier’s End. The Nightmare Saga questchain will give you the first sneak peek into the new ‘Lord Arak Raid’ (actual name unknown).
Not much was shown. Interestingly, Krug started in the cave and then went out, stating that “More lies off in the distance” as he moved his mouse cursor to the horizon beyond the cave entrance.
This seems to indicate that the raid is actually ‘outside’ rather than going into the cave tunnels as suggested by the previously datamined model:
You can check out more of the datamined models/skins from the Lord Arak Raid here.
About Player Misconduct
Trion is working on additional measures to help curb unwanted behaviour.
- Engineers working on modifications to reporting system.
- Customer Service Team will have more tools to act on player misconduct.
- Players who get reported might get muted until CS takes a look at their log.
- Looking into providing Account-wide Ignore feature so that when you ignore a person, all existing and future characters will be ignored.
- Might look at making your current ignore list account-wide, so that if you ignore a player account on one of your chars, that account will be ignored on all your characters (instead of having to remake an ignore list for each of your characters).
Archonix advises players to ignore people who they dislike or who are speaking a different language that they don’t understand, rather than reporting them. Report feature should only be used for misconduct.
- Shi-Ming Sheepening. Next week all NPCs in Margle Palace will be replaced by Sheep NPCs for an entire week! Trion is doing some baseline performance testing as part of this change.
- Archonix’ Name. Comes from ‘Archon’ Chest game. Tried naming himself Archonx in another game but someone already took it, so he added an ‘i’ and it became Archonix.
- Summerfest 2015 is out with new wings, backpacks and a whole plethora of other stuff. (You can check the sidebar here on RiftGrate for links to various guides during Summerfest!)
- 50-75% RIFT Sale. There’s 50-75% off Nightmare Tide, Classic and Dream/Storm Soul Packs! Full breakdown here!
- Vista Crash Issues. Working hard on getting this fixed up. Today’s brief server reset in the morning should hopefully have resolved some of the issues Vista users are facing.
- Tank Interrupts more Standardized. Tank interrupts will be more standardized across Tank souls.
- Conquest: Steppes of Infinity Disabled. Disabled for some back end changes.
During the livestream Trion revealed their schedule for the next two RIFT livestreams:
- 26th June 2015 Livestream – Preview Planar Crafting Rifts.
- 10th July 2015 Livestream – Preview Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy.
Mark your calendars!
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
Congratulations to all the winners!
(From Left to Right: Ocho and Archonix)
(From Left to Right: Ocho, Icarus, CaptainCursor and krug)
A lot of information about content coming to RIFT with the upcoming 3.3 patch! Nightmare Saga, Planar Crafting Rifts, Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy, Linking Wardrobes, Tarken Glacier IA and more! And they didn’t even mention all the fluff crafting and dimension items coming our way for the patch!
Look forward to the next two RIFT livestreams! These occur every two weeks:
- 26th June 2015 Livestream – 3.3 Preview about the new Planar Crafting Rifts.
- 10th July 2015 Livestream – 3.3 Preview about Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy.
You will be able to watch the livestream on Trion Worlds’ Twitch channel. Be sure to click the Follow button if you want to be notified by e-mail when it pops up!
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.