Trion had their 26th June 2015 Friday Livestream where they talked about the Planar Crafting sub-system coming in RIFT 3.3: Waking Nightmares.
Also, Happy Birthday to CM Ocho!
Click here for a replay of the 26th June 2015 Livestream video on twitch.tv.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 26th June 2015 Friday Livestream with Community Manager Eric “Ocho” Cleaver, Senior Game Designer Noah “Morticus” Holmes (Crafting/Dimensions) and Systems Designer Jeff “Red Hawk” Hamilton (Mage/Cleric Class Lead + Items/Procs).
Table of Contents:
- Planar Crafting
- Livestream Giveaways
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
Morticus went over the Planar Crafting sub-system coming in RIFT 3.3: Waking Nightmares.
New Weekly Crafting Quest
New Weekly Crafting Quest will allow you to choose one of the 6 Crafting Rift Lures. Quest is separate for each crafting profession. No information on whether you can do multiple or just one (like the weekly quest from Howard). This Weekly Crafting Quest will be obtainable in Choreburg, Draumheim.
Planar Crafting Rifts
- Planar Crafting Rifts can only be summoned in Tarken Glacier.
- You can solo or go as a group. Similar to old Crafting Rifts.
- There’s crafting stations at the center of the Planar Crafting Rifts for convenience. You don’t have to use them.
- The higher the stage the greater the craft material payout.
- You can get general Nightmare Tide crafting materials, Strands of Arak/Draum (rare), craft marks, dimension items and the new Imperishable mats (including Motes).
- Materials that drop will be appropriate for the Rift and the recipes connected to that Rift. I.e. if a Fire-based Planar Crafted recipe requires certain mats, they’ll likely drop from the Fire-based Crafting Rift.
- Last stage of Planar Crafting Rifts is a ‘freebie’ stage that lasts 2min to allow you to spend time at the crafting stations. You don’t have to though and in that case you can just move onto the next Rift.
Note: Currently the Strands of Arak/Draum drop at a high rate. Vladd mentioned in the livestream chat channel that they are supposed to be rare and their drop rate will be fixed.
The new Imperishable Mats are used in almost every recipe:
- All Planar Crafted gear requires 1 Imperishable to craft and 1 Imperishable to upgrade.
- All Planar Fishing Poles require 1 Imperishable to craft.
- Planar Fishing Lures require Imperishable Motes.
- Planar Fishing Poles allow you to catch fish like a normal pole, but also gives a rare chance at catching Imperishables and Imperishable Motes.
- Planar Fishing Lures increases that chance for the appropriate pole.
- 6 new Planar Fishing Poles which have their own VFX.
Chance of the relic Imperishable mats dropping will be rare, but not Stan’s Super Secret Lure-level rare. The common Imperishable Motes will be more common.
Dimension Item: Crafting Stations
Useable Crafting Station dimension items will have a rare chance of dropping from the new Planar Crafting Rifts!
- Different craft station dimension items based on planar type of the planar rift. i.e. Fire Dream Focus or Fire Loom or Fire Work Bench from the Fire Crafting Rift.
- They are still discussing what kind of Binding it will have (i.e. Bind on Pickup, Bind on Account, Bind on Equip/etc). Have a suggestion? Add it to the forums!
Planar Crafted Gear
Morticus has stated that some of the recipes for Planar Crafted gear on the PTS still need to be adjusted. Make sure mats required/etc line up with how good the gear is.
- Dimension Items aren’t up yet; recipes are placeholder. Will be up “soon” with new art assets never seen before that are planar-themed.
- There will be procs for heal, dps and tank for the Trinkets.
- Armor has 2-set bonuses. [unknown if the ones on there are final. You can check them out here.]
- The crafted gear uses planar-themed wardrobe skins. Most are existing skins. [Image].
- Upgraded gear will be Tier 1-ish quality.
- Master Mode Dummy Foundry has a new NPC that will give you all recipes, 99x stack Imperishables and the crafting rift lures.
- They might post up a playtest announcement on the RIFT forums next Monday. Unknown when the playtest will be.
Trion mentioned they will be at the following conventions:
- Gamescom. Cologne, Germany. Held between 5th-9th August 2015.
- PAX Prime. Seattle, WA, America. Held between 28th-31st August 2015.
Like with PAX East earlier in the year, they’ll be giving away 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mounts to those who attend [assuming their Trion Party].
No further details. [I’m guessing they’ll reveal that they are going to be the Western publisher for Devilion Online, which was teased yesterday.]
CM Ocho was wearing a unique RIFT t-shirt with a design of Regulos in Endless Eclipse:
He mentioned that this was given out during the Trion Party at PAX East last year.
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
Congratulations to all the winners!
(From Left to Right: Ocho, Morticus and Red Hawk)
Happy Birthday to CM Ocho!
Some nice information about Planar Crafting. NPCs and Rifts are now available in the open world on the PTS so give Planar Crafting a shot! Test boxes can be found in Master Mode Dummy Foundry.
Tune in to Trion’s twitch channel in a fortnight for Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy info!
You can find out more information about Planar Crafting here.
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.