RIFT news tidbits for 2nd July 2015.
- PTS Update for 1st July 2015. PTS was updated yesterday with a large 1.9GB patch. Includes Nightmare Saga quests, Planetouched Wilds quests, chronicle randoms, Tarken Glacier IAs and a ton of other stuff. Check out full info/screens here!
- PTS Update Update. Just a few additions since yesterday:
- Nightmare Saga Weapon Models. New weapon models have popped up on the PTS that are likely rewarded during the upcoming Nightmare Saga. [image] They are similar to Ultimate Nightmare Pack weapon models, except they are larger with extra green spikes and prominent green glow.
- Distinguished Levitate Mount. Bobbobbinson78 on the RIFT Forums has uploaded a screenshot of the Distinguished Levitate mount (Silver Tier Loyalty Reward) that you can check out here. Cropped image below:
Just like Levitate mount, but with glowing hands and feet.
Marigold did mention that having Levitate + wings would be “a good idea”. No confirmation though of whether Trion is looking to change the mount to include wings. [r]
- Skipping ‘Phases’. In the next PTS Update, you will be able to skip to the next ‘phase’ of the Nightmare Saga questchains once you’ve reached the end of the Act you are currently on by clicking on a button that will appear by the Tempest Bay Porticulum. This is for testing-purposes only. [r]
- “Into the Wilds”. You should be able to enter the portal for the quest “Into the Wilds” in the next PTS Update. Note: It won’t take you into PTW. [r]
- Mage Changes Information. Red Hawk has posted up the following information in regards to Mage changes:
- Charge Fix. He would like to make it so that when you respec you don’t lose charge, but it requires a code change and Trion’s programmers all have their own schedule. No promises. [r]
- Chloro PvP Fix. Red Hawk has a fix in for some bugged out Chloro LBV procs in next PTS build. Will also take a look at Synthesis’ interaction with synergy crystal. Contemplating changing it so that flat value changes will be multiplied by PvP healing reduction penalty before being applied to heals. [r] (in short, a nerf to chloro healing in PvP).
- Dimension-related Info.
- Instant Adventure Merge Fix. Tacitus has been able to pinpoint what is causing on-going IA merge issues. It seems the culprit is Cape Jule where players who are Level 45 or under are unable to teleport/see objectives for this IA. Cape Jule IAs have been disabled until the next hotfix. [r]
- ELO Accuracy. CM Ocho explains that the ELO system is quite accurate and is the no.1 predictor of a team winning a match, even in warfronts with premades. Inactivity (no. of players afking in the warfront) was a close second to predicting a win. More info here!
- Minion Database Updated. The Minion Card Database has gotten an update for the following minions courtesy of Saido and forbiddenlake:
- Ravi = 7 Fire 18 Dimension 30 Stamina;
- Rashboil = 7 Death 18 Harvesting 30 Stamina; and
- Ms Meles = 12 Life 12 Death 12 Hunting 12 Harvesting 30 Stamina.
- ‘Inspiration for Nightmare Saga’. CaptainCursor shows off the ‘inspiration’ for the Nightmare Saga: Radar, Trion’s local Corgi Livestreamer! [image]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- RIFT Update 3.3 – New Dimension Keys & Items Preview [Video][Dimensions]. Nouvae over at The Dimension Gallery has uploaded a fantastic preview video of all the dimension keys, sky projectors and other dimension items that are coming to RIFT in Patch 3.3: Waking Nightmares. Check out the video here and be sure to subscribe and check out her other dimension showcase videos on her YT channel here!
- RIFT 3.2 – Full Warfront Series EP3: Karthan Ridge [Video][PvP]. Gokhan@Brisesol plays a Rogue Bard spec in the Karthan Ridge warfront in his latest pvp video. Check it out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or check out the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.