RIFT news tidbits for 12th July 2015.
- GamesBeat Interviews Trion CEO. Dean Takahashi over at VentureBeat has interviewed Trion Worlds CEO Scott Hartsman on the direction of the company. It seems the company has 300+ employees, adding ~50 in the past year. Trion hopes to have Devilian Online ready for this year and will announce more games next year. You can check out the full interview here.
- Mihai Dobrin (Artist) Article at Sketchfab. Mihai Dobrin (previously an artist working on RIFT, now working freelance) talks about his time at Rift and creating artwork in the gaming industry. It’s a great read for any budding game artist, although there’s a few technical terms and art program info thrown in the mix. You can check out the article here.
- Mihai Dobrin was part of the team behind many of the original Trion characters and armor. Some of his works include Jornaru, the female crab boss in Archive of Flesh and Estrode. You can check out his ArtStation profile here which shows some of his works.
- 3D interactive version of Estrode! Note: Full textures might take time to load. Tools are at bottom-right of the 3D model. Setting Viewer Mode to ‘First person’ will probably provide the best view. Can use mouse to rotate view and arrow keys to pan/zoom.
- RIFT Team Grown. Not much is ever really provided to the public about what goes on internally at Trion, but CM Ocho has mentioned in a recent reddit post that the RIFT team has grown since he started working for the company. That’s always good news. [r]
- About Planar Crafted Gear. It seems like there’s a few bugs that Trion are looking to fix in regards to planar crafted gear on the PTS. This includes a strange bug that is doubling stats on certain pieces, and a bug where the 2-set bonuses have +250 main stat on their tooltip, but only gives +150 main stat. Morticus didn’t confirm whether the +250 or the +150 main stat is intended. Stay tuned! [r]
- Tenebrian Deity. Slipmat over on the RIFT Forums discovered something rather odd. It seems like the character selection window on the PTS has randomly made some characters become “Tenebrian Deity” instead of their normal race. Did Trion accidentally let slip the name of a new race? Note: Only Mathosians seem to have had their character selection screen ‘race’ changed to Tenebrian Deity. Also, the in-game “Tenebreans” use an ‘e’, not an ‘i’.
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- 3.3 Dimension Compendium. Want to know how to obtain the huge plethora of dimension items and keys being added to the game with 3.3? Feendish over at The Dimension Touring Company has provided an excellent compilation of it all that you can check out here!
- Saved by Ragnazar! Reaver PvP [Video][PvP]. Sir Spaceboots has uploaded his latest PvP video in the Blighted Antechamber warfront on his Warrior Reaver spec. Check it out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.