RIFT news tidbits for 15th July 2015. It’s launch day for Patch 3.3: Waking Nightmares and with it comes patch notes and a few bugs you’ll want to be aware of.
These are known issues that have popped up with the 3.3 patch. You can check out a list (might not be complete) from CM Morgana here. Please post any bugs you find in that thread too.
The next non-emergency hotfix to fix some of the issues below will probably be next week. [r]
- Empty Boxes: It seems that all caches, crates and boxes have either nothing in them or reduced loot for certain players. [r] [r] Best not to open anything for now. (Might potentially be linked to the minion loot bug, or a fishing bug).
- Minions System Loot Bug: The loot window will appear empty if all notoriety granted is maxed. A work-around right now is to try claiming minions on another character – just note that your character’s level will determine what loot you get (for stuff like harvesting/hunting).
- Fishing Bug: Same with minions system, some players might notice you aren’t catching anything.
- Craftable Wardrobe Bundles: A large amount of the new craftable wardrobe bundles have been disabled since they are soulbound. Recipes disabled until next week. [r]
- Planar Crafting Bugs:
- Soulbound Gear. Several planar crafted gear are soulbound. [r] These have been fixed internally – no ETA on when they’ll be fixed for Live.
- Missing Recipes. Planar Crafted Warrior DPS armor recipes are not available via Bob (the Artisan Store vendor in Choreburg, Draumheim). You can still obtain them from RIFT Store -> Crafting -> Armorsmith. [r]
- Companion Consumed. If you consume/collect a companion pet, it will remove all other companion pets that you have in your inventory. [r]
- Random Chronicle Reward Bug. Rewards are not correct.
- RIFT 3.3: Waking Nightmares Launches! Latest patch has launched – a lot of additions including Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy, Intro/Hard Modes, Random Chronicles, Tarken Glacier Instant Adventures, tons of Planar Crafted gear + Planar Crafting Rifts, a ton of fluff items and a ton of dimension items. Full patch notes + further useful info/links available here.
- Unexpected NA Shard Downtime. As at the time of this post the NA shards were down due to guild optimization changes that borked the shards with the latest update. Updates provided here by CM Morgana. Also available here with a bit more info from other sources.
- Bonus. Due to the downtime, Trion will turn on 50% bonus experience, PA exp, favor and prestige until Sunday July 19th at 11:59PM Pacific. [r]
- Nightmare Thresher Mount. You can now obtain the Nightmare Thresher Mount. This is gained from purchasing a $100 Credit Pack in-game from now until July 31st 2015. [r]
- Power Pack. The Power Pack that is available under RIFT Store -> Services and on Trion’s website applies to all current and future characters. [r] Primalist will also get their own cape when it comes out. [r]
- Mage Changes With 3.3.
- Interrupts Standardized. Interrupts have been standardized:
- Pure Melee/Tank soul interrupts are now 20m.
- Ranged/Hybrid interrupts are now 30m.
- All interrupt abilities now require caster to face the target.
- Full changelog here.
- Essence Updates. You might want to unequip and reequip your focus just in case any of your essences haven’t been updated (if any changes occured to it in the past). [r] Note: This does not mean you can upgrade from within the focus – you still need a Planar Essence Removal Device.
- Mystery Box: Wonders of the Cosmos. There’s new “Wonders of the Cosmos” dimension box bundles with Nightmare Tide dimension items. They have a chance to drop some of the new Sky Projectors. [r]
- Instant Adventure Instant-Teleporting. Tacitus has made a request to Trion’s engineering team to remove any players who try to port into a dungeon or raid whilst in an Instant Adventure so that Join prompts won’t pop up for the rest of the raid. No ETA. [r]
- Shard Vault. You can now purchase a Shard Vault from your Bank that allows you to store items that can be accessed on all your characters across a single Shard.
- Does not work cross-shard or cross-region.
- You cannot place soul-bound items within.
- Gingers has stated that an engineer is working on allowing you to craft within the shard vault, but no guarantees. [r]
- Purchase is once per account; you will then have the Shard Vault access on every shard. [r]
- If you delete all characters on a shard, you will not lose the items in that shard’s Shard Vault. (likely just need to create a new char or transfer one over on that shard). [r]
- Planar Crafting Weekly Professions. Apothecaries and Runecrafters cannot obtain the new Planar Crafting Weekly available from Tephael the Usurper from Choreburg, Draumheim. This is intentional since they don’t have planar craft recipes.
- Morticus has stated this is because Apoths and Runecrafters already have T1 quality items. He did hint however that they ‘might’ be able to get the new weekly + associated recipes in a future update. [r]
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.