RIFT news tidbits for 17th July 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
These are the latest known issues with 3.3 patch. Please refer to previous News Tidbits for past ones. You can check out a list (might not be complete) from CM Morgana here. Please post any bugs you find in that thread too.
- Drekanoth of Fate. You might have noticed that Drekanoth of Fate is bugged, starting certain mechanics earlier than usual. This will be fixed in the next hotfix. [r]
- Power Pack on Steam. Archonix has noted that the Power Pack is supposed to be purchaseable from Steam – Trion is working on a fix. [r]
- Item: Tier 2 Upgrades Fix. Vladd will look at fixing Column of Housed Souls (HK drop) so it properly upgrades to Aglinar, Beacon of Hope. [r] He will also look at some Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy weapon drops that aren’t getting their dps upgrade path. [r]
- Planned Shard Downtime. EU received RIFT 3.2 Hotfix #2 this morning to fix some memory leak issues and fix missing dimensions. Trion hopes to have the hotfix for North America tomorrow morning at 7/18/15, at 7:30 AM PDT. ~1hr downtime. [r] [r]
- Engineering Update Info. Snedhepl has made a very large post about what’s been going on with RIFT over the last few days in regards to optimization of the game and the subsequent crashes/downtimes. One of these systems was introduced with 3.3 called ‘On-Demand Guild Loading’ which has significantly improved memory usage. You can read the full post here. It’s a general boost to performance and freed up the amount of memory Trion can work with on the World Server. [r]
- About Shard Vault. Game Director Archonix has further explained/clarified how the Shard Vault works. [r]
- It’s account-wide purchase but only characters on the same shard can access that shard’s Shard Vault.
- Trion is looking at adding support to allow you to craft with materials from within your Shard Vault.
- Trion plans to add more Shard Vault tabs in the future.
- About Crafting Rifts. Just an fyi that Crafting Rifts have a chance of dropping Heart of the Frozen (Tier 1 relic upgrade component). The previous livestream by Trion gives some information about crafting rifts here. Weekly here.
- PvP Teaser. CM Ocho quickly teased in the last line of a post about another topic that there is “a new PvP feature” coming. He hopes to have a playtest on the PTS next week! [r] No info on what this new feature is (although it could be the Hive Kaaz’Gfuu Assault warfront).
- More Instant Adventures + Voice-Overs. Tacitus has mentioned that all future Instant Adventures will make use of Voice-Overs. Also, Trion has a lot of plans for more IAs. No details. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- More Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy Videos. Yobiraion and Oria Xu have posted up some more videos to IGP (on top of the ones mentioned yesterday).
- World First IGP Hard Mode – Anrak the Foul by Yobiraion. Solo Cleric Puri perspective.
- World First IGP Hard Mode – Thalguur by Yobiraion. Cleric Oracle perspective.
- World First IGP Hard Mode – Uruluuk by Oria Xu. Cleric Tank perspective.
- Guide: Hard Mode Uruluuk by Oria Xu.
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.