RIFT news tidbits for 29-30th July 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
- RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #5. Nightmare Saga Act II is live – if you’ve done Act I, you can pick up the next quest for Act II in the throne room in Tempest Bay at /setwaypoint 12923 11526. New Abyssal Thresher Supply Crates replace the old Patron weekly crates and there’s a new upgrade tier “Hardened” with Tier 1 hit. Check out full patch notes here!
- Reminder: PTS Playtest This Friday. The PTS Playtest for the Assault on Bronze Tomb warfront will be held on Friday, July 31st 2015 at 4PM PDT. [r]
- Reminder: RIFT Livestream This Friday. RIFT is having another livestream this Friday, July 31st 2015 at 4PM PDT! You’ll be able to watch the stream on their Twitch Channel.
- Gamescom Trion Party – Shuttles. Free shuttles will be available that will transport players from Gamescom venue to Trion’s Party venue (Bauwerk) from 6pm-11:30pm on Thursday, August 6th. Just look for the Trion logo on the shuttle buses. You can learn more about Trion’s Party here. Details about the shuttles here.
- And Scapes gives Event Manager a heart attack before Gamescom. [r]
- PTS Update. PTS was updated with a 1.9GB update today. They’ve added a new tier of runes, new apothecary potions, a whole line of new dream orbs for belts, gloves and earrings, as well as Planetouched Wilds achievements under Achievements -> Zones -> RIFT. I’ll have a write-up soon, but for now you can check out some of the posts from players in the July 2015 PTS Update thread here.
- Planetouched Wilds Teasers. A few teasers have popped up for the Planetouched Wilds. Lead Content Designer Julia “Darkmoon” Flemming posted up a photo of some of the location names in the Planetouched Wilds. Check them out below: [r]
- Just a tidbit: Rhaza’de Canyons is the name of the Expert dungeon that is listed on the PTS’ LFG window. And “Windswept Buttes” sounds great. *thumbs up*.
- About Orphiel Farwind Dimension Item. The end of Act II of the Nightmare Saga rewards an Orphiel Farwind dimension item. He has quite a number of possible interactions when you emote him including fireworks displays, ‘travel’ messages and even an interactive portal that takes you to Port Scion! [r]
- The Port Scion instance has special artifacts you can collect for a new artifact set. They seem to respawn every 30-60min. (Thanks to Twinmoon and Fopod for the info!) [r]
- According to krug, Orphiel “may yet have at least one more trick up his sleeve!”. No idea what it could be. Perhaps related to a hidden minion card? Or maybe related to obtaining the Kubara Sakti dimension item? [r]
- About the RIFT Dev Team. CM Ocho responded to a forum post about how many devs RIFT has. He didn’t provide exact numbers, but the RIFT dev team is the largest he’s ever worked with from almost a decade working on triple A MMOs, the team has grown over the past year and a half, RIFT pop is strong, profits are reinvested and Trion is excited about the future of RIFT. You can view his full post here.
- Additional Color Blind Options. Gingers has mentioned that in the next “milestone update”, you will be able to change the color in crafting recipes UI for missing materials as well as for the red in-game error messages. Have any other issues with colors? Post them here!
- Portrait Bug. There’s some cosmetic issues with portraits – you might see your portrait looks weird or you have a different portrait on your character. This will be fixed within the next update or so. [r]
- NTE Bug. Rhaza’de Canyons has been popping up in the random queue again. This dungeon is locked and not available yet. A fix will likely be ready in the next hotfix – in the interim Trion has put up measures that should hopefully prevent it from popping up in the random queue again. [r]
- Localization Issue Status Summary. Dev Explikor has posted up a summary of all known/reported localization issues. If you have noticed any, please post them up here using the information in green.
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Warrior Frost Keeper Cosplay by HS-Design [Cosplay]. HS-Design has done it again with another RIFT-related cosplay; this one using the Warrior’s Frost Keeper outfit – just in time for Trion’s party at Gamescom! Check it out here, and be sure to check out all his other RIFT-related cosplay outfits as well!
- He’s also been working on some Nightmare Weapons!
- Questing for Farwind [Dimension]. Feendish over at the Dimension Touring Company takes a look at the new ‘Orphiel Farwind’ dimension item that you get for completing Act II of the Nightmare Saga. He has a lot of interesting interactions, including a portal to Port Scion! Check out the article here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.