Trion had their 31st July 2015 Friday Livestream where they mainly streamed the playtest for the Assault on Bronze Tomb that was pushed back from last week.
Click here for a replay of the 31st July 2015 Livestream video on twitch.tv. RIFT section begins at 3hrs 40min 40secs into the video.
Trion has also uploaded the livestream to their Youtube channel here.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 31st July 2015 Friday Livestream with Community Manager Eric “Ocho” Cleaver, Game Director Christopher “Archonix” Junior and Live Content Designer Michael “Kerilar” Hansen.
Table of Contents:
- Assault on Bronze Tomb Warfront
- Other Info
- Livestream Giveaways
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
Assault on Bronze Tomb Warfront
The main point of the livestream was to stream the playtest which was pushed back from the 24th. As such, almost all details about the warfront can be accessed from last week’s livestream here.
I’ll mainly be going over some additional information revealed this week:
- Although it’s a 15v15 warfront, you can have as low as 5v5.
- Players can queue in after the warfront has begun (as long as there is space of course).
- You only need to destroy one capture point per room to progress to the next one. So even though Room 1 and 2 has two capture points, you only need one. (This seems to make the first two rooms go by pretty fast).
- Only one person can channel the capture point at a time.
- Traps do the following amounts of damage:
- Fire traps do ~20k ticks per second.
- Spike traps do ~36k damage per hit.
- Green AoE trap at the center of Room 3 does ~16k ticks per second, but seems to snare you (either that or it was a cannon that snared me).
There’s two Ancient Cannons in Room 3 that only Defenders can access. You must first activate the power source on the sides of the room to activate the cannon.
The Ancient Cannons are accessed from the same level as the Defenders’ spawn point. Just run to the sides instead of dropping down to get to the cannons.
The person manning the cannon has a couple of seconds (think about 1-2min?) to operate it before they get kicked out.
The cannons work as follows:
- Blast Shot. Spammable 1sec CD ability that takes 20% of max HP off your target. 200m range. (Unsure if it requires line of sight or not. Could ‘spawn-camping’ be possible?).
- Sticky Round. Instant ground-targeted AoE that puts a 90% snare on everyone in the AoE. 200m range and 15sec CD.
- Shrapnel Charge. Instant AoE. Must have target. 8m AoE. Does 60% of max hp. 80m range with 45sec CD.
With two cannons active it’s a killfest, especially if there’s multiple players surrounding the capture point trying to click it. Unless Trion changes the damage amount, the Attacking team probably wants to make sure the power is always off via the clickable side panels on the ground floor.
If you participated in the PTS Playtest today between 4-5pm PDT, you will be getting the prefix title “Tomb Looter”.
The title will likely appear in your in-game mail on all chars (and future chars) in your account like previous dev events; and it will likely take some time (days/weeks) before they get sent out.
If you have any feedback on the new warfront, please post them in Trion’s thread here.
As you probably know from multiple announcements in the past few weeks, Trion will be heading to Gamescom and PAX Prime this August.
You can find out info about it here.
- Gamescom Trion Party will be at Bauwerk from 7-11pm on August 6th 2015. (This is in Cologne, Germany).
- Free shuttles will take you to and from the Gamescom convention center. There will be a Trion sign near the shuttle bus stop. These will run from 6:30pm-11:30pm to/from Kölnmesse and Bauwerk. More info can be found here. Images of the shuttle buses can be found here.
- Free entry and drinks to the party (not to Gamescom though).
- A whole bunch of giveaways including 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mounts and limited edition Devilian t-shirts.
- Will have game announcements. Heavily implied there will be a Primalist announcement. Trion mentioned lots of stuff would be revealed at Gamescom, although they didn’t mention anything specific.
Trion mentioned any game announcements (or any videos linked to said announcements) would also be posted up for everyone to view later on.
- It seems there will be demos for the press at Gamescom.
- Archonix, CM Ocho, TrionBrasse and Red Hawk will be at Gamescom, amongst others.
- PAX Prime Trion Party will be at W Hotel from 6-10pm on August 28th 2015. (This is in Seattle, WA, America).
- No shuttles for you because it’s very close to the convention.
- Some of Trion’s staff will be on panels in PAX Prime. You’ll have to wait for the schedule.
- Free entry and drinks to the party (not to PAX Prime itself though).
- Again, bunch of giveaways as well as RIFT Raid Steins.
- Dead Simon will be amongst the RIFT devs attending PAX Prime so you can poke him about the three new artifact types and the upcoming puzzle/s.
An interesting tidbit, Kerilar’s birthday will be during PAX Prime weekend! He would like birthday scotches and beers.
A few other tidbits:
- Nightmare Thresher Mount promotion ends today. Purchase $100 Credit pack in-game for a bonus Nightmare Thresher Mount!
- Brutal Puzzles. Archonix mentioned that the Planetouched Wilds puzzles “might be the most brutal puzzles, maybe, that we will ever do”. They keep mentioning ‘puzzles’, so it seems like there’s more than one.
- About Budgies. The Pink (Lovely) Budgie had multiple names prior to hitting live. They’re favorite was “Bruce”.
- What colors would you want to see for future Budgies? Post them on the forums!
- Nightmare Budgie is something they could ‘probably’ make happen.
- Trion talked about a new mount that was coming. Animators like doing fun versions when they create a new mount (that won’t be in-game). They had a dwarf riding this new mount who was holding onto the mount’s ears and trailing in mid-air behind it. (Chances are this is the Great Hound mount, given the long ears).
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack to 4 livestream viewers.
Congratulations to all the winners!
During the livestream, 2 devs were chosen by Nightbot’s randomizer so Archonix added a new rule: If a dev gets chosen, the giveaway is doubled. The Ultimate Nightmare Edition Pack was thus given away to 4 livestream viewers instead of 2.
(From Left to Right: Ocho, Archonix and Kerilar)
Look forward to Assault on Bronze Tomb arriving in-game at the same time as Planetouched Wilds and the Primalist at some point in the future. Also keep an eye out for game announcements from Trion during Gamescom next week.
Have feedback on the warfront? Post them in CM Ocho’s thread here!
No stream next week due to Gamescom.
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.