RIFT Game Director Chris “Archonix” Junior has been doing the rounds with the media prior to their upcoming Trion Party @ Gamescom (Cologne, Germany). Both MassivelyOP and MMORPG.com have posted up interviews with Archonix.
The articles go over some of the recent additions to the game with 3.3 and lightly touches on 3.4.
- Nightmare Saga Act III slated for August 12th.
- Info about 3.4+ will be revealed at Trion’s Party @ Gamescom on August 6th.
- 3.4 will be huge in content and scope.
- 3.5 is due in the Fall/Winter. (Fall begins on Sept 23rd for the US; Winter begins Dec 22nd).
The revelation that 3.5 is due in Fall/Winter is rather interesting given how close we are to September. My guess is that it will be a late-Winter release (for 3.5) given that Trion still needs to release 3.4 and 3.3 was only just released recently.
As Trion has teased before, we’re most likely going to get information on the 5th Calling “Primalist” at Gamescom tomorrow (August 6th for Germany). They did mention having demos ready during Gamescom, so perhaps they might show off the Planetouched Wilds zone and/or the Assault on Bronze Tomb to the media during the event.
For now, you can check out the two articles below for full information on the latest interviews whilst we wait for Gamescom this week!
- “An exclusive talk with RIFT’s Chris Junior on the Nightmare Saga and more“ by Justin Olivetti @ MassivelyOP.
- “Interviews: On Waking Nightmares and Gamescom Teases“ by William Murphy @ MMORPG.com.