RIFT news tidbits for 1st-4th August 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
- Planned Shard Downtime. RIFT will be going down tomorrow for RIFT 3.3: Hotfix #6. Downtime estimated at ~1hr.
- Media Interviews Archonix. Trion has been doing the rounds with the media leading up to Gamescom. RIFT Game Director Chris “Archonix” Junior has been talking with the folks over at MMORPG.com and MassivelyOP about 3.3 and beyond. You can check out the articles below:
- “An exclusive talk with RIFT’s Chris Junior on the Nightmare Saga and more“ by Justin Olivetti @ MassivelyOP.
- “Interviews: On Waking Nightmares and Gamescom Teases“ by William Murphy @ MMORPG.com.
- You can also view a quick summary of interesting tidbits here.
- Reminder: Gamescom. With just one day to go, this is a reminder that Trion will have a party during Gamescom at a nearby venue (Bauwerk) planned for August 6th from 7PM-11PM CEST. There will be limited Devilian t-shirts given away, game codes for Trion’s various games (including 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mounts) as well as various game announcements. Full details can be found here.
- Trion will have free shuttles between the Gamescom venue and Trion’s Party @ Bauwerk from 6:30PM-11:30PM CEST. More info here.
- Scott Hartsman (CEO), Archonix (RIFT Game Director), Red Hawk (Mage/Cleric Dev), TrionBrasse, CM Ocho and CM Scapes will be amongst the Trion team at the party.
- Tip: Just like previous Trion Parties, you could probably try exchanging codes with other players since there will likely be players who don’t play RIFT but who will want codes for other Trion games. This could net you multiple RIFT-related codes!
- Would be awesome if anyone could record Trion’s game announcement like Zaberfang did for PAX East earlier in the year and post it up on the forums (or shoot me a link!)!
- More Info: Assault on Bronze Tomb Warfront. Kerilar has posted up some additional information about the upcoming Assault on Bronze Tomb warfront.
- Respawn Timers: [r]
- Room #1: Attackers have 35s max time; Defenders have 20s max time.
- Room #2: Attackers have 30s max time; Defenders have 30s max time.
- Room #3: Attackers have 25s max time; Defenders have 35s max time.
- About Traps: [r]
- Fire Trap drains mana and energy on top of dealing ~20k per tick damage.
- Poison Trap snares and reduces incoming healing, on top of dealing damage.
- Ice Trap roots and drains mana + energy, on top of dealing damage.
- Spike Traps simply deal 30-36k damage per hit.
- Respawn Timers: [r]
- Nightmare Saga: Ghar Badge of Honor Change. The Ghar Badge of Honor that is required to continue Act II of the Nightmare Saga will become Bind on Account in a future update. This should hopefully make the quest easier to complete on your alts. [r]
- Warning about Nightmare Saga’s Orphiel Dimension Item. Just a warning that you should make sure that your Minion Sender addon does not accidentally destroy the Orphiel dimension item that you get as a reward for Act II of the Nightmare Saga. That Orphiel Farwind dimension item is quite special with a lot of different interactions (including a portal to Port Scion you can go through that contains an artifact set).
- Orphiel Farwind dimension item is an Epic item, so you’ll need to make sure you don’t have your Minion Sender addon setup to auto-delete epic-quality dimension items.
- Thanks to Spaceboots for the tip!
- Instant Adventure Drop-Rate Change. The drop rate of Adventure Caches from Instant Adventures has been changed in the last few weeks, but wasn’t added to the patch notes. Tacitus has clarified that open-world IA bosses now have an 100% chance of dropping Adventure Caches (up from 70%). [r]
- Wardrobe Item Bug. The “Shadow Assassin’s Hood” is not supposed to be in the game yet. This will be removed from Live in a future patch. [r] [Wonder if this means a whole new set will be added in the future, or if it’s just the headgear that will be added in.]
- Party Sticks Bug. The Party Sticks that are crafted by Runecrafters (recipes available from trainer) will be fixed “soon” so that they won’t disappear when you emote /dance. [r]
- Note: It’s cheaper to get the Nico Lights from Sanctum/Meridian planar vendors. Those only cost 1 planarite and act the same as the Party Sticks. They do, however, require ‘Friendly’ with the respective Planar faction.
- Wishlist Bug. There’s currently a bug in-game where your Wishlist items (accessed via the 4th button in the top-left hand corner of the RIFT Store window) only have Credits as a purchase option. Trion is now aware of the issue and working on a fix. [r]
- New Artifact Set. Dead Simon has posted up an artifact set he just created for 3.4 “From Adorable to Delicious”, about taking a bite out of some of the more neutral critters in-game. [r] [This might very well become a ‘Poison‘ artifact set].
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Do You Even CRift? – 3.3 Crafting Rift Summary/Guide [Guide]. Kiwi has posted up a new guide to the Crafting Rifts feature that was added with Patch 3.3. Check out her guide here!
- Dimension Fashion Show [Dimensions]. Laeti over at Rift Resource has posted up her latest “Dimension Fashion Show” article. This week she hangs out with Chulia@Brutwacht, Amielle@Hailol and Kazzana@Laethys as she explores their dimensions. Check out the article here!
- Featured Dimensioneer – Jaedor@Greybriar [Dimensions]. Nouvae over at The Dimension Gallery has posted up her latest ‘Featured Dimensioneer’ article, this week with Jaedor@Greybriar. Check out the interview and previews of her dimensions here!
- Gah! (Oh, and Some News) [Dimensions]. Feendish over at The Dimension Touring Company talks about new dimension tiles, the ‘Architect Amber Globe’ dimension item as well as keeping it together when you lose a chunk of your dimension. Check it out here!
- The Three Cats, Luxury Spa [Dimensions]. Seyler over at The Dimension Touring Company has taken a tour of a lovely beach-side resort called “The Three Cats, Luxury Spa” by Yaiza@Gelidra. Check out a preview here, and be sure to visit the dimension in-game on Gelidra!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.