RIFT news tidbits for 8th August 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
- Further Info: The Wilds Pack. The Wilds Pack is a recently added pack on the RIFT Store that contains the Primalist calling as well as a variety of other items. Trion has responded to a variety of concerns:
- Primalist will be available as its own stand-alone pack for Credits when 3.4 is released. [r]
- Trion has not released information on how much Credits you’ll need for the stand-alone pack. As such, any price you hear right now is pure speculation.
- Primalist will be freely testable on the PTS before launch. [r]
- The Wilds Pack’s Primalist unlock is only for the first 6 souls that will be made available when 3.4 hits. The 4 additional souls that are planned for the future as mentioned in the Primalist video will “probably” be available as a separate pack. [r] Development has not started on the 4 additional souls yet. [r]
- About Primeval Warbeast.
- Lord Arak Raid in 3.4 Confirmed. CM Ocho has officially confirmed that the Lord Arak Raid will be released in 3.4. [r] He also mentioned that 3.4 is “in many ways the largest update RIFT has ever received short of an expansion”.
- About Monetization. CM Ocho has posted up a long post about monetization in RIFT. In short, Trion needs to make money to pay staff, but they try to make sure the items that are monetized do not put up a paywall for content, and that they usually have an alternate option (whether it be in-game currency or via REX). You can read his full post here.
- Relic Sigil Bug. Right now two Relic Sigils with different names that drop in Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy both have Spell Power. It seems one is supposed to have Attack Power. Fix will be up on live “very soon”. [r]
- About Site Changes. The RIFT website was updated and the domain has moved to trionworlds.com/rift. This is due to a different architecture from when RIFT was Trion’s only game.
- The new graphics/artwork/logo is part of a push to market RIFT more. This also includes a whole bunch of new ads on external websites. [r]
- The old official ‘Rift Community‘ blog site will be retired as it has now been fully integrated into the new RIFT site. [r] [You might want to update your RSS feeds].
- Trion is also working on “new forums entirely”. No details. [r]
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.