RIFT news tidbits for 12-13th August 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
- RIFT Primalist Livestream This Friday! Trion will be holding a Primalist livestream this Friday, August 14th at 3:30PM PDT. Be sure to tune in on their Twitch stream!
- RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #7. Latest hotfix adds new RIFT/Trion logo and loading screen; Act III of the Nightmare Saga is up and Imperishable Motes drop rate from crafting rifts has increased. Full patch notes available here.
- Nightmare Saga Act III. If you had already completed Act II prior to the hotfix, you can start Act III by picking up the Satchel again from the Eye of Regulos in Stillmoor at /setwaypoint 1894 2632. For a few other additional tips, check out this article here.
- You can check out Trion’s article here, which has a preview of some of the weapon skins you can obtain at the end of the saga. Note that the Epic and Relic versions of the weapons have different skins.
- Note: The 2-handed sword skins are currently bugged and do not appear in the Wardrobe list (although you can still preview them via item preview).
- Yes, there’s no Cleric or Mage Tank weapons/shields.
- Epic weapons can be upgraded to Relic with 14x Abyssal Crusader’s Accelerators (28x for 2-handers) + Heart of the Frozen + Nightmare Weapon Amender.
- Reaver Adjustments on PTS. The PTS was updated recently with some Warrior Reaver adjustments. It seems that single-target DPS remains the same, but Viral Stream will be interrupted on movement and there’s been some changes to the way Plague Bringer works. You can read up on a thread about the changes here.
- Riftblade Buff. Vladd ‘might’ be buffing Riftblade. Maybe. No confirmation or details but he mentioned it in a recent post. [r]
- Always Sunny Day Sky Projector. Morticus has announced that an ‘Always Sunny Day Sky Projector’ dimension item would be available in 3.4. From the screenshot he provided, it seems it will cost 3,000 Infinity Stones, although that could be placeholder. [r]
- Missing-Texture Stan’s Lure Dimension Drops. Morticus has mentioned that those weird dimension items with missing textures that sometimes drop from Stan’s Lure were accidentally added into Stan’s Lure’s loot table. These won’t be removed, but instead will be replaced with existing models. [r]
- RIFT Assets. If anyone is interested (probably fansites and other content creators), Trion has updated their site with their new RIFT logo and desktop icons for you to download. [RIFT Logo] [Desktop Icons]
- Sigil of Striking Disabled. The Sigil of Striking relic focus that drops from Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy has been disabled from dropping on Live due to a problem in the way it was changed with this week’s hotfix. The hotfix was supposed to only change new drops of the Sigil of Striking to give Attack Power, but ended up also being applied retroactively, meaning that a bunch of Clerics and Mages have ended up with an Attack Power sigil.
- This will be corrected by changing the Sigil of Striking back to Spell Power and creating a new Sigil which drops with Attack Power. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Wardrobe Wednesday Aug 2nd Week [Video]. The folks over at Rift-Wardrobe.com have held their 2nd Wardrobe Wednesday Livestream for August. If you missed it, be sure to check out the recording here! With a new month comes a new month’s wardrobe contest, so be sure to enter via their website!
- Back to Basics: What is Morphing? [Dimension]. Feendish over at The Dimension Touring Company has written up an overview and guide to the concept of morphing for dimensions. Check it out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.