RIFT news tidbits for 14-16th August 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
- Livestream Summary for 14th August 2015. Trion held a livestream about the Primalist calling this week with a whole bunch of tooltips and extra information about the calling. You can check out all the info about the livestream including tooltip compilations here!
- Further Primalist Info. On top of this week’s Livestream about the Primalist, Red Hawk also replied to a bunch of tweets from players asking about Primalist info.
- Primalist only uses 2-handed weapons. This was a change made after the Primalist reveal trailer (which had indicated it could dual-wield too). 2-handed weapons includes polearms and 2-handed maces (hammers). [r]
- Preserver is the healing soul for Primalists, focusing on ST/Tank heals. [r]
- Titan’s ‘wall’ mechanic is basically a cooldown that gives damage reduction to allies behind you. [r]
- Despite what it looked like in the Primalist reveal trailer, the Titan’s ‘Earthquake’ ability (which drops a stone totem in front of the char) does not have collision. [r]
- There are no current plans for a new race. [r]
- Trion Dimensions Skype IM Channel. Trion is starting up a dimension-specific Skype channel to help bring together the dimension community and devs. Please send Morticus a private message which includes your skype name if you are interested! [r]
- New RIFT Video Ads. Trion has been pushing out more marketing for RIFT as of late with an overhaul of the RIFT website, RIFT logo, Trion website, Trion logo as well as multiple ads for the game across ad networks. Recently Trion has uploaded some of their video ads to their Youtube channel that you can check out here:
- HK IA: Akylios Bug. Akylios has been ‘moved’ slightly in the HK IA so that his middle breath will hit you no matter where you run to. Trion is investigating the issue. [r]
- Zone Event Adjustments. Tacitus has been working on a whole bunch of zone event adjustments: [r]
- “Take It All Back!” and “Jewel of Brevane” Carnival of the Ascended zone events have been placed on an ‘automated controller’ so they should show up automatically when Carnival of the Ascended hits next year. Achievements moved to Carnival section of World Events category.
- Native vs Shared events. Originally ‘native’ events (specific to a zone) and ‘shared’ events (that occur in multiple zones) had equal weighting when it comes to spawn frequency. Tacitus has re-tuned this to give more weighting to native events.
- Planar Fortress events in the Plane of Water will not be making a return. Related achievements will be moved to Legacy.
- All zone event achievements now include the zone event name in their description and which zone they occur.
- Zone event loot tables have been fixed up so you should get level appropriate rewards from all zone events. This means Level 65 players will get Void Stones from Volan.
- All changes coming in 3.4.
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Contest: Build a Train Station & Train [Dimension][Contest]. Aeryle over on the RIFT Forums has started up a new Dimension Contest. The objective is to build a train station and a train in that station. Prize is a 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider code. Deadline: 16th October 2015. Check out her thread here for full details!
- Reminder: Dimension Contests Ending [Dimension][Contest]. Just a reminder that there’s two dimension contests ending within the next two weeks!
- Back to Basics: Morphing [Dimension]. Feendish over at The Dimension Touring Company has posted up two more articles about Morphing in her latest Tips ‘n Tricks series.
- The DTC Roadshow Ep #35 [Dimension][Video]. The folks over at The Dimension Touring Company held their latest DTC Roadshow livestream, this week featuring the dimensions of Bellarosa@Laethys! Check out the recording here! Be sure to check out the schedule for next week’s DTC Roadshow!
- Dimension Fashion Show [Dimension]. Laeti has posted up her latest article in Rift Resource‘s weekly Dimension Fashion Show series! Her most recent article takes a tour of Lils@Greybriar, Futurelove@Deepwood and Nimryl@Laethys’ dimensions. Check it out here!
- Sentinel Cleric PvP Guide [Guide][Video]. Grim has uploaded a new video guide for a PvP Sentinel spec for Clerics. Includes macros and kalerts! Check it out here!
- Wardrobe Wednesday July Winners [Wardrobe][Contest]. Huntie and Pizzacatt over at Rift-Wardrobe.com hold weekly Wardrobe Wednesday livestreams showcasing entries to their monthly Wardrobe Contest. Monthly contest prizes are codes provided by Trion! If you missed it, you can check out the July winners here! Congratulations to the July winners!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.