RIFT news tidbits for 23rd-24th August 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
Arclight Ascendancy Promo Week
The Arclight Ascendancy Promo Week is on-going, lasting until 3:30PM Server Time on Thursday, 27th August 2015 (NA) (EU). This time round there’s a new Viridian Arclight Rider Mount that you can obtain during the week via it’s own lockbox on the RIFT Store. There’s also dailies you can complete for event currency in order to obtain a normal Arclight Rider or Crimson Arclight Rider mount from the PRI Quartermaster.
Full guide to the event can be viewed here!
- Primalist Pack Cost Announced. CM Ocho has announced that the stand-alone pack for the upcoming 5th calling, Primalist, will cost 5,250 Credits when RIFT 3.4: Into the Wilds is released. [r]
- Brief Maintenance/Loyalty Issues. Shards went down for about an hour today due to platform-related issues such as a loyalty display bug that showed loyalty at 0. [r] This should now be resolved.
- Shielding Changes on PTS. Red Hawk has announced that Trion is testing out a major change to how shielding works in RIFT. You can read up on his full post here. Briefly:
- Shielding will no longer go beyond 50% of max hp, with some exceptions.
- Dodge rating will increase the max amount of shielding a character can have. No details on exact amounts.
- Tanks’ own cool-down based self-shields will increase their Absorb cap for the duration of their shields. Spammable shields (like one’s applied by Doctrine of Loyalty) will count towards the cap. [r]
- Encounters and certain souls will be adjusted with the new shielding restrictions in mind. The class devs will work with the raid team to make sure encounters aren’t negatively affected by the shielding reduction. [r]
- This is a test and subject to adjustments. If you have any feedback, please post them here.
- Changes are up on the PTS, although at the time of this post the PTS was down.
- PTS Update. The PTS has received a large 1.45GB update today. Includes the shielding changes mentioned above, although at the time of this post the PTS was down. Will have the usual PTS Update/Datamining article/s once it comes back up.
- Accol on the RIFT Forums was able to access the Planetouched Wilds zone during the brief window when the PTS was still online. [r] Could this mean we’re getting open testing of the new zone soon?
- Saga of the Endless Bug. Tacitus is aware of the bug that is causing some players to be unable to complete the Runic Descent quests for the Saga of the Endless. No ETA on a fix, but Trion is investigating. [r]
- Brief Glimpse PTW VO. Captain Cursor has uploaded a brief video on Vine with some voice over recording for the Planetouched Wilds. Check it out here!
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
Contest: We All Had to Start Somewhere [Dimension][Contest]. Rynraff has an on-going dimension contest about using the starter dimension and dimension items. What can you create with this limited set of items? Contest ends Noon PST on Friday, Sept 25th 2015. Full information can be found here!Cancelled due to rl issues. [r]
- Post-Apocalyptic Collaboration Contest Entries [Dimension]. Interested in checking out previews of each of the entries submitted to the recently closed Post-Apocalyptic Collaboration Contest? Check out Seyler’s article here!
- Fort Zarnost Quay [Dimension]. Seyler over at The Dimension Touring Company has taken a tour of Shinoobi@Faeblight’s “Fort Zarnost Quay”. Check out this delightful dimension here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.