RIFT news tidbits for 25th August 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
Arclight Ascendancy Promo Week
- Planned Shard Downtime. It’s that time of the week again. ~1hr downtime tomorrow for RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #9.
- PTS Datamining: Planetouched Wilds Map. Latest data files reveals a high-res map of the Planetouched Wilds; various wardrobe weapon/armor skins; mob files and another round of updates to Shal Korva models. Full info here!
- MMORPG.com Interview Scott Hartsman. Morgan Ramsay over at MMORPG.com has posted up a recent interview with Trion Worlds CEO Scott Hartsman about some general history and what’s-to-come for the company. Some interesting tidbits including that Trion is talking with several developers for their next online game. Read the full interview here!
- New Start Time for Trion Party @ PAX Prime. Note that Trion has pushed back the start time for the Trion Party @ PAX Prime. It will now be from 7-10pm PDT on Friday, 28th August 2015 (original start time was 6pm).
- Know anyone going? Please inform them so they don’t end up standing around in front of the W Hotel for an hour!
- Brasse also posted that “Rumors abound regarding… something… new… will it be revealed HERE? Let’s find out!“. No clue what this ‘new’ thing is. It probably isn’t the announcement of Devilian since that was announced ages ago and has had several livestreams dedicated to it already. Perhaps it’s about another new game that Scott Hartsman briefly mentioned.
- Just a reminder that the Devilian t-shirt is limited; game codes including 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mounts are limited; and the RIFT Raid Steins (like beer glasses) are very limited. You probably want to get there (W Hotel) on time, or maybe earlier.
- Further Info: Shielding Changes. As stated yesterday, shielding has changed on the PTS with a player’s max absorb capped at 50% of max hp (with some exceptions). A few further pieces of info have come up:
- It’s up on PTS. Note that Tank CDs have yet to be changed to increase Absorb cap temporarily in order to go beyond the 50% cap. [r]
- Tanks will be able to go over the 50% cap depending on their Dodge Rating, not their Dodge % chance. [r]
- The goal is to have these changes up on Live before the introduction of Tier 3 Raid (3.4). [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Zilas Guide by Aielma [Guide][Raiding]. Aielma has posted up a thorough written guide to Soulrender Zilas, one of the bosses of the Level 65 Hammerknell Fortress raid. Check it out here!
- Rift Spreadsheets, Guides, and Other Resources [Video][Contest]. Grim has uploaded his latest video talking about all kinds of Rift-related resources from zone event trackers, popular chat channels and various spreadsheets! Check it out here! As always, he’s got a new Rift giveaway up so be sure to tune in and subscribe to his channel!
- Rift Reforged Ep 42 on YT [Video]. Last week’s Rift Reforged Episode 42 is now up on youtube. Check it out here for all the latest news over the past two weeks!
- Chronicle: Rhen of Fate Hard Mode Guide [Video]. Intim has uploaded a video guide to the Chronicle: Rhen of Fate Hard Mode instance. Stuck on Act III of the Nightmare Saga? Check out Intim’s guide here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.