RIFT news tidbits for 16-17th September 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
Open testing for the Primalist calling and the Planetouched Wilds zone is up on the Public Test Shard. You can learn more about accessing the PTS, gearing up and posting feedback here.
- RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #12. Small hotfix note: fixed bug where certain aspects of Relic Wand buffs persisted even after you unequipped them. [r]
- Live Datamining. Despite the small hotfix note, the patch itself was 122mb+. It seems there’s possible character adjustments (unknown what they are). Yarnosaur and Greathound mount configuration files also show new swimming animations. More info here!
- Arclight Infiltration Promo Week Begins. The Arclight Infiltration Promo Week has begun again! This time around Trion has introduced new Crystalline Lifter mounts available from the Limited Edition: Crystalline Lifter Troves. More info about the event available here.
- Note: The Trove on the RIFT Store is incorrectly displaying the Necrotic Lifter mount. You can check out a preview of the Crystalline Lifter mount courtesy of Nithydux here.
- Note2: Hailol and Laethys players are still experiencing issues with the event tracker. Trion is still trying to figure out the cause of this issue. [r]
- RIFT: Guide to Chronicles. RIFT has uploaded a guest video from Seatin, introducing players to the concept of Chronicles in the game. Check out the video here!
- New Wardrobe Info. DEV_Tacitus mentioned during the most recent Wardrobe Wednesday by Rift-Wardrobe.com that he believes there are 2 new armor sets and weapons coming with the 3.4 patch cycle such as sets for the upcoming raid and ‘something else’.
- Autumn Harvest Info. During this week’s Wardrobe Wednesday, DEV_Tacitus also mentioned that there would be a new Autumn Harvest mount coming in! Unfortunately not much will change with the event itself as the devs have been super-busy with working on the upcoming zone, Planetouched Wilds. However, Gloamwood IAs will be the featured IA during the world event.
- Additional Primalist Souls Revealed. Vladd has revealed that the next four souls for Primalist (that will be added later on) are “Ranged ST Burst DPS, Melee ST Burst DPS, Support, and AoE/Raid Healer”. [r]
- Callweddi Puzzle Info. Dead Simon has confirmed that flips and rotations are allowed for the puzzle on Callweddi in the Planetouched Wilds (on the PTS). If you’re interested, check out this image here showing all the different scripts needed for the puzzle. [r]
- Also, the jumps required to get up to Callweddi has been made easier with the latest PTS update.
- You can summon people to Callweddi, but you won’t be able to do so for the village area with the NPCs. [r]
- ISP Issues Resolved. Late on Monday this week there were some ISP issues. These were resolved a while later by “re-routing …traffic to clear the issue”. [r]
- Stan’s Lure Loot Table. Morticus has stated that Trion might take a look at Uncle Stan’s Super Secret Lure’s loot table again at a later date. [r]
- Conquest Team Assignment Adjustments. SupermanSocks has mentioned that there will be “a few more changes that should be coming with 3.4 that deal with CQ team assignment”. No further details. [r]
Other News Tidbits
Other Trion or MMORPG-related news not directly related to RIFT. Don’t worry, you’ll rarely see this section.
- Free Diameownt Mount in Trove. MMORPG.com is giving away a Diameownt mount in Trove. As at the time of this post there were 25k+ keys left. Simply log into your MMORPG.com account and then click on the claim button at the bottom of the page here.
- Attack of the Swag Giveaway. MMOGames.com has a month-long giveaway with various game codes and other giveaways, including from Rift, ArcheAge, Trove and Devilian. Check out Week Three giveaways here!
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Rift Reforged Ep 44 [Video]. Rift Reforged has held their 44th livestream talking all things RIFT, including the recent open testing for the Primalist calling and Planetouched Wilds zone. If you missed it, you can check out the recording here.
- Wardrobe Wednesday – Unleash the Furries [Video]. The folks over at Rift-Wardrobe.com have held their latest Wardrobe Wednesday, checking out a whole bunch of new entries to their monthly wardrobe contest! Check it out here! You can also enter their wardrobe contests here!
- Themed Contests. If you’ve been out of the loop, Rift-Wardrobe has begun making each monthly wardrobe contest a themed contest. This month’s was all about Animal/Furry/Insects; next month is all about Autumn and Halloween. Check out their schedule here.
- SO CLOSE!!! [Video][PvP]. Grim drops into a Karthan Ridge warfront in his latest PvP video, using his Warrior’s Reaver PvP spec. Check it out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!