RIFT news tidbits for 9th October 2015. Split into general and bugs.
- Primalist Guides. Any budding Primalist out there should check out some Primalist guides over in the new sub-forum “Primalist Guides” on the RIFT Forums!
- RIFT 3.4 Hotfix #2. A few fixes including to some disconnect issues, AH never-ending searches and warfront crashes. Primalists can now receive rewards from Marauder Supply Caches as well. [r]
- PvP Knockback/Pull Change. Not mentioned in the patch notes, Trion added knockback effects to the pull/teleport-to-me cooldown group in terms of CC immunity. This means you will no longer be affected by both a pull and knockback one after the other. Full info and explanation from Vladd’s post here.
- Autumn Harvest Items Preview. Morticus has posted up a few pumpkin lanterns and pumpkin pie dimension items that will be coming in Autumn Harvest 2015 this month. Check them out here!
- No more Torvan Stout. The approx. 20g Torvan Stout drink has been removed from RIFT Store -> Drinks. You’ll now have to get the 58g Moon Water drink which heals for 58k compared to Torvan’s 43k.
- Dimension Item: Stuffed Agiboodoos. The island off the East coast of the Planetouched Wilds, “Callweddi”, holds many secrets. One of them is a Pentomino Permutator puzzle. Keep completing that puzzle and you might just see a giant crystal worm ‘Agiboodoos’ pop out! Kill it and it might drop a “Stuffed Agiboodoos” dimension item. (Thanks to Coldsprite and Pinkmink for the info!)
- Changes to Lures/Motes. Morticus has indicated that he’ll look into possible changes to lures and Crafting Rift motes drop rates. No promises. [r]
- Level 50 PvP Weapon for Primalist. CM Ocho has indicated that Trion will add a Level 50 PvP weapon to the RIFT Store for Primalists. [r]
- About Rainbow Glue. Rainbow Glue will get a 50% reduction in cost in the next hotfix. Also, the four players who have bought Rainbow Glue in the game have been given a refund (for 50% of cost). [r]
- Welcome Window Limit. CM Ocho has stated that the initial limits that were supposed to be imposed on the Welcome Window (one window per 20hrs) weren’t working correctly, so Trion is working on “new options”. No details. [r]
Patch 3.4 Bugs
A few tidbits for on-going bugs and fixes related to Patch 3.4:
- About 1bil Damage Bug. There’s currently a bug that is causing certain mobs to randomly deal 1bil+ damage. Trion is aware of the issue, but they currently cannot reproduce it (and therefore don’t know what the underlying issue is). [r] Have you experienced this bug? Please provide any details like mob name, who was hit, mob ability used, name of healers/etc here.
- AH Suggested Price Bug. The wacky suggested prices on the AH should be fixed in next week’s hotfix. [r]
- About Crafting UI Bug. With 3.4, your crafting UI collapse/expand preferences have reset. If you are experiencing the categories resetting more than the first time you login, please send details to on of Trion’s UI engineers, MrScary, to help him track down the issue.
- RIFT Store UI Bugs. RIFT Store UI bugs such as the window constantly opening and trade-skill filter issues will be fixed in next week’s hotfix. In the meantime, close your inventory before closing your RIFT Store as a temporary solution to the repetitive-store-window-opening bug. [r]
- The Bucket List Bug. Currently you cannot turn in the Bucket List quest in Margle Palace, Draumheim. Tacitus has stated that a fix should be ready for next week’s hotfix. [r]
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!