RIFT news tidbits for 22nd October 2015.
- RIFT 3.4: Into the Wilds Patch Notes.
- Extra Life 2015. 24hr charity gaming weekend, 7th-8th Nov. Trion participating 5th year in a row with fundraising rewards, giveaways, contests, titles and in-game activities.
- Callweddi Puzzle: Minion Sender Warning. Dead Simon has put up a warning to players who use minion addons like Minion Sender. When you combine puzzle pieces + rainbow glue at a shrine for the Callweddi Puzzle, you will receive a Relic rarity Mosaic dimension item. If you happen to have your Minion Sender filters set to automatically destroy relic-level dimension items, you’ll most likely lose the Mosaic dimension item.
- Dead Simon is providing a one time replacement of any Mosaic dimension items you might have accidentally destroyed. Please check his post here and PM him if you have run into this issue. Offer runs out 24hrs after his post.
- Notice: Autumn Harvest Temp Disabled. The Realm of Autumn Harvest instance where all the main questgivers reside for the current world event has been disabled until RIFT 3.4 Hotfix #5. [r] At the time of this post, EU should have already gotten the hotfix.
- North America will go down at 10/23/15 7:30 AM PDT for the update.
- Trion Now Accepting Karma Koin. Trion is now accepting a new payment option called Karma Koin for all their games. Karma Koin is a prepaid card you can obtain from various retailers in the US, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand. For info here.
- Khar and Usukhel Dimension Items. Captain Cursor hinted on twitter that you’ll likely be able to get Khar and Usukhel dimension items…from Callweddi village! [r]
- Autumn Harvest “Creepy Crawler” Portrait Badge Preview. This year’s Autumn Harvest adds a new achievement “Mask-A-Raid: 2015” under Achievements (default key “h”) -> World Event -> Autumn Harvest. The reward for completing the achievement is the “Creepy Crawler” portrait badge. Slipmat has posted up screenshots of the new badge. It’s a spider that drops down onto your face in your portrait every now and then, wiggling its legs.
- Autumn Harvest Minion Attributes Changing. As some players noted, the minions gained from the adventure chain that starts with Taskmaster Atrophinius have the same stats as the Summerfest minion cards. Morticus has confirmed that they’ll fix this. No idea what the new attributes will be. [r] (The Minion Card Database will be updated accordingly. For now, I’ve put a note in the changelog.)
- Gloamwood IA Bug. Currently Gloamwood Instant Adventures are having issues continuing after a few objectives. Trion is still attempting to pin down the issues, but will disable all zone events in Gloamwood to prevent any conflicts with the IAs whilst a proper fix is worked out. [r]
- Update: Warrior Dire Corruption. Warrior Reaver’s “Dire Corruption” ability will remain disabled until next week’s hotfix. (Not part of RIFT 3.4 Hotfix #5) [r]
- Primalist Beacon of Drake Fix. Vladd has a fix in for the Primalist’s Beacon of Drake animation not showing up, and the bug where another player’s beacon can remove another person’s beacon if stacked on top of each other. No ETA provided. [r]
- Welcome Window Fix. Archonix has stated that Trion has worked out the kinks preventing the Welcome Window from only showing up once each day per account. It’s now in testing and they hope to have the changes up soon. [r]
- Baac SFX to Change. Archonix has mentioned that Baac mobs will have their sound effects changed. Not mentioned exactly what they will change to, but they’ll probably have their sound lowered. Change will occur next week. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- First Look at Endgame Vulcanist PvP [Video][PvP]. Seatin takes a look at the Primalist’s ranged DPS spec “Vulcanist”. Check him out in the Battle for Port Scion warfront here!
- Everybody go BOOM! – Vulcanist PvP [Video][PvP]. Grim also checks out the Primalist’s Vulcanist soul in the Blighted Antechamber warfront. Seems like it does quite a lot of dps in PvP. Check out his video here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!