RIFT’s Public Test Shard (‘PTS’) was updated on the 1st and 3rd November 2015 with ~450mb download. RIFT Store T3 armor is up, Tier 3 relic weapons now have procs, Tier 3 trinkets revealed and quests have been adjusted with the new Fragments of Darkness currency.
Patch versions are TEST-303-67-A-1053634 and TEST-303-69-A-1054292.
- Tier 3 Relic Procs. Proc info; upgrade costs.
- Tier 3 Trinkets. New ‘On Use’ abilities.
- Quest Currency Adjustment. Fragments of Darkness added to quest rewards; Fragments of Horror removed.
- Other Info. Tier 3 DPS sidegrade to Tank requires Fragments of the Broken Pantheon; and new “Racing Toward Destruction” achievement.
As always, everything below is subject to change prior to hitting Live and some things included below may never make it to Live release.
Tier 3 Relic Procs
The Tier 3 test packs have been updated, with raid-dropped relic weapons now having some interesting procs.
Same procs per class:
- 1h: Your Damaging attacks have a chance to Follow Up for an additional 20% of the damage they deal. Cannot occur more often than once per 10 seconds.
- oh: On Use: For 10 seconds, all damage dealt is converted to Ethereal damage.^
- 2h: Has both procs above.
- Ranged: Your damaging attacks have an 85% chance to grant Moment of Glory, increasing your Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, and Wisdom by 300 for 8s. Cannot occur more often than once per 25 seconds.
- 1h: When you take damage that reduces your health below 50% of Maximum Health, gain Explosion of Vigor, healing you for 15* and damaging all enemies within 8 for 15 Life damage.
- Shield: On Use: Convert 15% of all incoming heals into an Absorb for 10s.
- 2h: Has both procs above.
- Ranged: Being damaged has a 50% chance to grant a stack of Unstoppable Force, increasing your Endurance by 100 for 20s. Stacks up to 5 times.
*Tooltip states “healing you for 15” with no % or k or anything else. Sounds like it heals you for 15hp.
^Just a refresher that Ethereal damage bypasses all armor/resists.
There were no heal-specific procs from the test packs.
Upgrading to Relic
Upgrading weapons to relic costs 1x Broken Cosmos (T3 relic upgrade component) + 1x Relic Amender.
- All weapons except a few exceptions require Nightmare Weapon Amender. Exceptions below:
- Wands and Staves require Dreaming Ornament Amender.
- Shields require Nightmare Metal Amender.
2-handers only require 1x Relic Amender, same as 1-handers.
You can check out all the weapon relic upgrades from the test packs below:
Cleric T3 Relics
Mage T3 Relics
Interestingly, the Mage T3 raid-dropped test pack includes 1h/oh for Mage Tanks when they only use 2-handed staves. This might just be a bug in the test packs and hopefully they are not included in the actual loot tables.
Warrior T3 Relics
Rogue T3 Relics
Primalist T3 Relics
Tier 3 Trinkets
Vladd was killing off a couple of Lord Araks in Tempest Bay today and a few T3 trinkets dropped. These are not in the test packs.
Here are the different On Use abilities:
- Enigma Seal: On Use: Gain 20 stacks of Explosive Intent, causing your single-target attacks to deal 2015 Fire damage to your target. After all stacks are consumed, your next attack will explode for 20150 Fire damage in a 10m radius.
- Ruin Seal: On Use: Gain the Flames of Precognition, radiating each second for 8 seconds to heal the 5 lowest health allies within 40m for 4% of their max health with each pulse.
- Genesis Seal: On Use: Heal target ally for 50% of their missing health.
- Nightmare Seal: On Use: Protect allies within your Guard radius for 15% reduced damage for 6s.
Seems like at least some of T3’s trinkets will be on-use instead of passives.
Unknown what the internal cooldown on these trinket abilities are.
There’s likely one of each type of trinket for each class and they could be other types of trinkets not shown above – these were simply the ones that players got shard firsts on.
Quest Currency Adjustment
Since Tier 3 will be introducing a new currency (Fragments of Darkness), the existing daily/weekly quests have been adjusted.
Fragments of Darkness Added
The Fragments of Darkness are awarded at a lesser rate than the previous Tier’s Fragments of Madness. On the other hand, the RIFT Store gear for T3 costs the same amount as the previous tier (in terms of numerical value) and weekly cap amount is the same as T2.
It’s unknown at this stage how much raid bosses will reward. It’s expected that they will reward more marks based on the much lower quest payouts.
- IA, Raid Rift, Zone Event, Onslaught and NMR weeklies gives 100 Fragments of Darkness compared to 160 Fragments of Madness from the previous tier.
- All PvP weeklies give 100 Fragments of Darkness compared to 480 Fragments of Madness from the previous tier.
- Crafting Weekly gives 100 Fragments of Darkness compared to 640 Fragments of Madness from the previous tier.
Full image reference can be found here.
No More Fragments of Horror
As mentioned in the 29th Oct PTS Update, Tier 1 store-bought gear now costs Abyssal Crusader’s Marks and there is no longer a use for the old Tier 1 currency: Fragments of Horror.
As such, all Fragments of Horror rewards have been removed from the quests. It is assumed that Tier 1 raid bosses should now drop Abyssal Crusader’s Marks.
Note: The amount of Abyssal Crusader’s Marks awarded from quests has not changed, nor has the weekly cap.
No Conversion Yet
Existing Fragments of Horror on your character have not been converted on the PTS yet.
Unknown at this stage whether Trion will be making the conversion once Tier 3 hits Live on Thursday, 5th Nov 2015 [r], or if the conversion will happen at a later date.
[Update: 4th Nov – CM Ocho has posted information about the changes. Currency Conversion from FoH to ACM is at 2:1. Purchase gear with FoH now before the patch!] [r]
Note that there’s currently a bunch of bugs with the new currency.
- Fragments of Darkness share the same weekly cap as Fragments of Madness.
- Fragments of Darkness is displayed as a reward from the various weekly quests, but the system ends up rewarding Fragments of Madness.
- Fragments of Madness does not benefit from token vials yet, even though it is no longer the BiS currency on the PTS.
(Thanks to Accol for the heads up!)
Fragments of the Broken Pantheon
Tier 3 DPS gear can be side-graded to tank gear. In fact, it seems that only shields will be dropping directly from bosses, with other tank gear available through DPS side-grades.
Last week this was a free upgrade, but with the latest two PTS Updates, the side-grade now costs “Fragments of the Broken Pantheon”.
These are available via RIFT Store -> Crafting for 10 Void Stones. A very insignificant amount of Void Stones.
It was likely added to prevent players from accidentally sidegrading their runed/dream-orbed DPS gear to tank gear.
Mind of Madness Achievements Updated
The Mind of Madness category under Achievements -> Raids -> RIFT: Nightmare Tide has been updated with a new 30pt achieve: “Racing Toward Destruction”. Requires you kill the first 5 bosses of the upcoming Tier 3 20-man raid in 40min.
Rewards suffix title: “the Speed Demon”.
The Mind of Madness raid releases Thursday 5th Nov; hope you’ve got your 1,400 Hit ready! Not yet Tier 3-ready? Tier 1 gear will have its cost changed to Abyssal Crusader’s Marks (assuming Thursday as well), so be sure to save those marks up!