Trion had their 13th November 2015 Friday Livestream talking about some of the additions coming to the game with RIFT Patch 3.5, as well as the upcoming Fae Yule 2015 World Event!
Click here for a replay of the 13th November 2015 Livestream video on twitch.tv. RIFT portion starts at 3hr 10min 25sec into the video.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 13th November 2015 Friday Livestream with Community Manager Eric “Ocho” Cleaver, Senior UI Artist Amber “Gingers” Alexander, Game Director Christopher “Archonix” Junior and Live Content Designer Michael “Kerilar” Hansen.
Table of Contents:
- RIFT 3.5 Overview. RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath coming this December!
- Fae Yule 2015. New capes, Santa backpack, dimension puppets, mounts and more!
- RIFT 3.5: Affinity System. Reward Patrons for daily logins and hourly play-time.
- RIFT 3.5: PvP-related Info. New tier of gear; store weapons; weekly requirement reductions.
- RIFT 3.5: Crafting, Wardrobe & Dimensions. Crafting UI improvements; Wardrobe weapon vfx; large Planetouched Wilds dimension items additions and Trove Dimension.
- Other Info. Thanksgiving Sales; all mounts able to become Amphibious in 3.5; new Primalist souls next year and more!
- Livestream Giveaways.
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
RIFT 3.5 Overview
Quick overview of some of the stuff coming in 3.5:
- The patch seems to be called RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath.
- RIFT 3.5 will be coming out some time in December with Fae Yule.
- Fae Yule World Event is coming back some time in December with new wardrobe, mounts, minions, Fae Yule Instant Adventures and Faelight Sparkle quest!
- A new Affinity System is coming in that rewards Affinity points to Patron for daily logins as well as hourly points (up to a cap). Can use points to purchase some previously lockbox-only mounts, wardrobe and some dimension items.
- A bunch of PvP-related stuff coming in 3.5: New tier of Marauder’s Supply Crate gear including Tier 2 Hit; New PvP Weapons on RIFT Store; Weekly quest adjustments; CQ Premade limiting test again.
- Crafting getting some UI improvements; Wardrobe: able to add VFX to weapon slots; Dimensions getting a ton of Planetouched Wilds items.
No exact date for 3.5, except that it will be coming out in December.
Further information about each addition and 3.5 will be released over the coming weeks.
Fae Yule 2015
Fae Yule is an annual world event set around Dec/Jan. This year there’s quite a few new additions to look forward to.
Fae Yule Wardrobe
Two new Fae Yule Capes
Trion showed off two new Fae Yule Capes – one mistletoe-themed and the other with a deer fur.
Concept Art above. Someone wanted to put a red nose at the bottom of the fur cape, but Trion thought it was going a bit too far. Nobody wants to actually wear Rudolf!
Fae Yule Backpacks
And the rumors are true – there’s a Santa backpack, as well as a stocking with a bogling inside. [Not sure if that’s Greatfather Frost].
It’s unknown at this stage whether any of them are animated like the Autumn Harvest backpacks.
Fae Yule Dimension Items
A few Fae Yule dimension items were also shown off. [Not sure if there’s more than the ones shown below].
Items are a Snowglobe, two Stocking items and three plushies that expand on the ones introduced in the Autumn Harvest Grab Bag: Squirrel, Shambler and Sheep.
Fae Yule Mounts
No preview of the mounts, but there’s a few new ones this year. There’s 2 mounts already hooked up, with maybe another one being added in.
Two of the names were teased:
- “Midnight Mink” mount. [Might look like a black version of the Merry Mink mount].
- “Frosty Levitation” mount.
Someone also wanted to do a Spinderella mount, but with a snowglobe instead of a metal pumpking/Jack cage – not planned.
Fae Yule Instant Adventures
There will be new Fae Yule Instant Adventures being added in where you follow Atrophinius and Greatfather Frost in the Iron Pine Peak zone.
Sparkle Quests Are Back
The Sparkle quests that everyone loved and enjoyed doing last year (/s) has been added in this year as well. A few changes and other info:
- Sparkle Quests 2.0 will be back in conjunction with Fae Yule.
- This time it will only be a one-off quest instead of a weekly.
- Completing the quest rewards a box that contains a random piece of Tier 3 gear.
- Gear will be armor or accessories; no weapons.
- You will be able to choose between DPS or Tank gear. [Assuming with the 10 Void Stone tank sidegrade option that all raid-dropped T3 DPS gear has].
No information was given as to how much Sparkles we’ll need to collect and if it is the same as last year in terms of what rewards Faelight Sparkles. You can check out what last year’s Faelight Sparkle Quest involved here to get a general idea.
Other Fae Yule Info
- There will be new Fae Yule minions and the usual Fae Yule minion adventures.
- When asked whether raids would get bonus loot during Fae Yule like last year, Archonix gave a “Maybe”.
- Previous years’ stuff will be available to obtain.
RIFT 3.5: Affinity System
RIFT 3.5 will be introducing a new Affinity System which rewards Patrons for daily logins and some hourly points for playing (up to a cap). Can be used to gain a variety of items.
Trion didn’t show off the system in-game.
Earning Affinity Points
You earn Affinity Points in a variety of ways:
- Patrons get points for daily login.
- Patrons get a few points for hourly play time (up to a cap). Cap not revealed.
- Can get Affinity points from certain promos, although the most consistent way will be via Patron daily login/hourly play.
- There ‘might’ be bonus weekends too for non-Patrons.
You will only be able to earn Affinity points starting with Patch 3.5. Any patron logins/hours prior to 3.5 will not be counted.
Affinity System Rewards
There’s a whole bunch of rewards you can obtain from the Affinity System, including some previously lockbox-only mounts. Some of the ones mentioned in the livestream are:
- Levitate mount.
- Arclight Rider mounts.
- Volt and Bolt (or Jolt).
- Some dimension items. Archonix has to have a chat with Morticus about it.
- Could be some costumes.
- Some seasonal rewards (from world events) might also show up in the Affinity System during seasonal events.
Note: Kerilar was showing off a whole bunch of mounts whilst Trion was talking about the Affinity System. It’s assumed that the following mounts will be part of the Affinity System, although there’s no express verbal confirmation.
The mounts are from left to right, top to bottom:
- Arclight Lifter
- Crystalline Lifter
- Storm Lifter
- Necrotic Lifter
- Crimson Arclight Rider
- Arclight Rider
- Veridian Arclight Rider
Again, no 100% verbal confirmation that these mounts will be in the Affinity System, except for the ones previously mentioned (like the Levitate mount).
Trion plans on expanding the rewards over time.
Point Spend Details Unknown
It’s unknown at this stage whether the Affinity System requires purchasing items with Affinity Points, or if it is similar to the existing Loyalty System where you simply reach the loyalty tier or mini-tiers to obtain rewards across all chars on your account.
[Given that the seasonal mounts during the annual world events might get added during those periods, I’m leaning towards a point-spend system.]
Note that the Loyalty System will still remain. The Affinity System is just an additional system that rewards Patron play/login.
RIFT 3.5: PvP-related Info
A few PvP additions were mentioned that are slated for 3.5.
New Marauder Gear
- The Marauder Supply Crate gear (the ones you get for winning warfronts) will have a new upgrade tier, to Tier 2 gear with associated Hit.
- New series of pvp-related weapons will be directly available on the RIFT Store.
- Convert your Favor to new Warmonger’s Marks to purchase.
- Weapons are Tier 1 equivalent.
- Upgrade has some ‘pretty awesome procs’. Archonix mentioned Ice Zerker as one of them. [Unsure if he means the old Ice Zerker or the static new one].
Since there’s a new tier of pvp-dropped gear, bolstering ceiling and floor will also change to keep the margin roughly the same.
- Bolstering floor is now slightly higher than Expert gear.
- Tier 3 gear will be bolstered down.
Weekly Quest Changes
- Hired Guns warfront weekly will no longer require 9 wins across different warfronts. Now down to 7 wins, and Port Scion is no longer part of the requirements for the weekly.
- Conquest Carnage weekly will have its kill requirements slightly reduced from 2,000 kills to 1,800 kills.
- Conquest will have some adjustments:
- The ‘first stage’ (pre-timer) will have its kill requirement reduced to 750 kills.
- The ‘second stage’ (timer) will be extended. No details.
- Conquest Premade group limitations will be tested again, this time with some bug fixes to close up loopholes from the previous test. Max group for premades queuing into Conquest will be 5. This test will appear on Live either in the first or second week after 3.5 launches.
Assault on Bronze Tomb Changes
As Kerilar has mentioned before, there’s a bunch of changes that will be coming to the Assault on Bronze Tomb warfront. The big one is getting rid of the sheer amount of Ties in the warfront. Engineers are still working on this.
He also mentioned that with either this or last week’s hotfix, a shield was added in that provides you with temporary immunity to cannons in the final room. If it works like Kerilar’s forum post, it should give you a 30sec immunity to the Ancient Cannons’ AoE abilities (can still get hit by ST ability), but reduces your outgoing damage/healing by 90% and incoming heals by 90%. [r]
Dev PvP Event
Trion mentioned that they might have a Dev PvP event early next year.
Further big updates planned for PvP in a future patch.
RIFT 3.5: Crafting, Wardrobe & Dimensions
Mainly UI additions and a large amount of dimension items added in with 3.5:
Crafting UI Additions
There’s a new “+” sign next to reagents in the Crafting UI. This will open the RIFT Store at the correct section and highlight the reagent you need.
There’s also new tooltip information on gathering materials that will tell you which professions use the material, and the min. skill level requirement for the respective recipes.
Wardrobe VFX Addition
With 3.5, the Wardrobe window will now have the option of adding VFX to your wardrobe weapon slots!
- A very large amount of Planetouched Wilds dimension items will be added to Dimension Grab Bags and Uncle Stan’s lure’s loot tables with 3.5.
- A Trove dimension in RIFT! Trion mentioned there’s a cross-promo with one of Trion’s other titles, “Trove”. The dimension will probably look like Peaceful Hills. You’ll have to do something in Trove to get the dimension in RIFT – no details on what.
Keep an eye out around Thanksgiving (Nov 26th) this year as there will be a whole bunch of sales on the RIFT Store. You’ll likely also see the Lovely (pink) Budgie Mount (originally named “Bruce”).
Artists have been hard at work making swimming animations. With 3.5, all mounts will be able to be made amphibious! (Will still need the Underwater Mount Training item available from RIFT Store -> Mounts).
New Primalist Souls
The last four Primalist Souls are currently being worked on and will be ready at some point next year. [If they haven’t changed from Vladd’s old forum post, the new souls should be : Ranged ST burst DPS; Melee ST burst DPS; Support; and AoE/Raid Heals.] [r]
Extra Life Info
Rewards and Prizes related to Extra Life are being worked on. It will take some time to get all codes to all players as there’s a lot of data to pull across all game titles. Please be patient! [I’m guessing it’ll take another week or two].
Other Other Info
- ‘Dev Dino‘ event from Extra Life will be making a comeback at some point in the future and held occasionally. That said, Kerilar still has a few things he wants to tweak with the event before it can appear again.
- Young programmer interested in getting into the games industry and want to make yourself more attractive to prospective employers? Work on your own game; have an actual product to show – doesn’t have to be an amazing game. Can be mod for another game/etc – have some code to show. Big plus if you have skills in engineering, and if you are highly experienced at the game you are applying for.
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- 1x Primal Khadlig Mount to 6 livestream viewers.
- 1x The Wilds Pack to 3 lucky livestream viewers.
Congratulations to all the winners!
You should receive information about your prizes in the ‘Other’ Tab in Twitch inbox within the next few days.
(From Left to Right: CM Ocho, Gingers, Archonix and Kerilar.)
Look forward to RIFT 3.5 coming around some time in December with the new Affinity system, lots of Fae Yule goodies and some PvP additions!
As CM Ocho mentioned, we’ll learn more about 3.5 and the details of all the new stuff in the coming weeks!
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.