RIFT 3.5 Information
Want to know more and prepare for the upcoming patch?
- RIFT 3.5 Winter’s Wrath Preview: Fae Yule. Trion briefly talks about what is coming with Fae Yule on the 10th.
- RIFT 3.5 Preview: Introducing the New Affinity System and PvP Changes. Trion briefly talks about the upcoming Affinity System and PvP Changes.
- Livestream Summary: Patch 3.5 Overview. Summary of all the major additions to 3.5 from Trion’s 13th Nov Livestream.
- Livestream Summary: Mind of Madness Arisen Arak. Summary + Screens of the last four bosses of the Tier 3 20-man raid “The Mind of Madness” showing off Enigma, Lady Justice, Dark Genesis and The Arisen Arak. Launches with 3.5.
- PTS Updates: Various articles with info + screens of Patch 3.5 content currently on the Public Test Shard.
- Patch 3.5 Content. Most of the content mentioned in the 3.5 livestream shown off on the PTS including Affinity System, PvP gear upgrades, Fae Yule store items and new dimension keys.
- More Affinity Rewards. Additional Affinity rewards including dream orbs, improved Stan’s lure and dimension items.
- New Dimensions. Unknown how many of these recently datamined Dimension Keys will be available in 3.5. However, the Peaceful Hills (Trove) key can be obtained from an NPC:
- PTS/Live Comparison page for full list of all we know about 3.5! Fae Yule, Affinity System, last 4 bosses of Mind of Madness, PvP gear upgrades and more!
- Hold Marauder’s Supply Caches (pvp-dropped boxes). With the PvP upgrades coming in 3.5, Marauder’s Supply Caches might end up dropping Dreambreaker gear (instead of the lower-tier Marauder gear that is currently drops).
- About Affinity System. You might want to consider holding off on logging into the game this weekly reset until after the patch comes out. This mainly applies to NA players, as EU players generally have a patch on Thursday.
- Weekly reset is at 4am PST on Wednesday. Patches are usually at around 7am PST for NA players. During this 3hr gap, logging in ‘might‘ cause you to miss out on the first day’s daily login Affinity gain (5 points). Better safe than sorry, unless the extra 5 Affinity points doesn’t bother you.
- Again, doesn’t really concern EU players due to your usual patch times. That said, if EU’s patch is at the usual 2am GMT (Thurs), if it patches fast enough, you might be able to log in before the 4am daily reset and ‘possibly‘ squeeze in an extra 5 Affinity points.
- Save Aventurine. There’s a new minion card for Fae Yule that triggers a minion chain that will give you 5 additional minions. You’ll probably want some Aventurine to hurry those adventures, and for the 10hr Fae Yule Promo Adventures.
- Stock up on Charges. With Fae Yule, the Faelight Sparkles quest makes a come-back, rewarding you with one Tier 3 armor or accessory piece. Be sure to have at least 6x Random Expert and Warfront Charges ready before Thurs, 10th Dec as they’ll reward 6x Faelight Sparkles each. [image]
- You’ll be able to pick up the Faelight Sparkle Returns quest from Stuttk Fyrirthig in Flargle Plaza, Draumheim (or Tempest Bay). He is the warfront weekly NPC.
- Note: The quest might not appear in the first week of Fae Yule, so be sure to check (and pick up the quest) before you run warfronts/experts or turn in your weeklies after the new reset week. Fae Yule begins 3:30pm Server Time on Thursday, 10th Dec (so a day after weekly reset on Wednesday) so plan ahead!
Be sure to check out the PTS/Live Comparison page for a full list of known additions to the game with 3.5.