Trion had their 11th December 2015 Livestream, a relatively relaxed livestream where they showed off Fae Yule Instant Adventures and talked a bit about Fae Yule. This was the final livestream for the year for RIFT!
Click here for a replay of the 11th December 2015 RIFT Livestream video on twitch.tv. RIFT portion of the video starts at 3hrs 9min 52sec in.
Black/Normal Text = Livestream Summary.
[Dark Blue Text] = My own comments. i.e. May not be indicative of actual content.
Trion had their 11th December 2015 Livestream with Senior Game Designer Nicholas “Captain Cursor” McDowell, Senior Content Designer Chris “Tacitus” Cates, Senior Design Director Simon “Dead Simon” Ffinch and Senior Community Relations Manager Eric “Ocho” Cleaver. There was also a guest appearance by Game Director Christopher “Archonix” Junior later in the stream.
Table of Contents:
- Trove Cross-Promo. Free [RIFT] Dimension Key: Peaceful Hills, Trove Cape and Vox Budgie Mount. Free [Trove] Chloromancer Class. Starts next Tues/Wed.
- Fae Yule Info. General Info + Special Fae Yule Village Dimension Vendor.
- Other Info. Future Affinity items; Conquest fix; PTW Artifact Portrait Badges account-bound; Crimson Tide Lifter? and more.
- Livestream Giveaways.
As always, everything can be subject to change prior to the content hitting Live.
First up, the Trove livestream held earlier in the day revealed some cross-promo information with RIFT in regards to their upcoming Chloromancer class. This class is coming out in Trove in their patch next Tuesday (Dec 15th).
Dimension Key: Peaceful Hills
Trove Lead Developer Avarem mentions at 15min 47sec into the Trove Livestream that you can get the Dimension Key: Peaceful Hills in RIFT if you reach Level 5 on any Class in Trove.
[Source: Dev Avarem in Trove Livestream 11th Dec 2015 @ 15min 47sec]
And some size comparisons with a max height RIFT character:
Once the cross-promo is up, you’ll likely find a new Trove Dimension Item Promo Bundle under RIFT Store -> Dimensions (based on PTS info). Items in the bundle include Trove-themed trees & shrubs, as well as some single-color ‘block’ items.
Just a heads up that the two other existing cross-promos with Trove are still available.
- Plane of Cubes Cape. You can get a Trove-themed cape in RIFT if you reach level 10 on any Class in Trove.
- Vox Mount. You can get a Vox (Budgie) Mount in RIFT if you reach level 20 on any Class in Trove.
Free Chloromancer Class
For those who also play Trove, you can get the upcoming Trove Chloromancer class for free by speaking to Chloromancer Evort in Sanctum or Meridian.
According to Trove’s article about the new class here, the Chloromancer class should come out on Tuesday, December 15th. However, it’s unknown whether the “Blocked!” quest in RIFT will be available on Tuesday or Wednesday.
[Trove gets their updates on Tuesdays, whilst RIFT gets their updates on Wednesdays. Chloromancer Evort is already in RIFT but doesn’t provide a quest yet. It’s unknown at this stage whether Trion will manually switch the quest on, on Tuesday, or if you’ll have to wait until after Wednesday hotfix for the quest to be up.]
In short, hop onto Trove and start leveling a class up to get your RIFT goodies, then check on Chloromancer Evort this Tuesday and Wednesday to get your free Chloromancer class in Trove!
Fae Yule Info
Captain Cursor went through some Fae Yule Instant Adventures throughout the stream. You can access these adventures by going to the IA window (default key “.“) and selecting “Featured: Fae Yule in Iron Pine Peak”.
Captain Cursor does the voice-overs for Atrophinius and Greatfather Frost. He also voiced them out a few times during the livestream.
General Fae Yule Info
- Fae Yule IAs were originally tucked inside the normal rotation of other zone IAs prior to the IA revamp earlier in the year. For this year’s Fae Yule, the special IAs are in Iron Pine Peak.
- There’s a fair amount of voice-over in the Fae Yule Instant Adventure.
- Going forward, Trion plans to have all future IAs have a lot of voice-overs, as it makes the adventures more interesting, and gives Trion the freedom to insert interesting info instead of something that has to relate to the active objective.
- Inspiration for Greatfeather Frost. Captain Cursor: “I spent an entire day listening to Martha Stewart and I just put her as if she was an insane bogling”.
- Fae Yule also has new minions, Fae Yule Gift zone events, revised story quests about Atrophinius needing alcohol and the Faelight Sparkle Returns quest.
- It’s not 100% clear, but it sounds as though CM Ocho mentioned during the stream that they fixed the Merry Mink Troves from dropping from the minion adventure chains. Apparently this was a bug. RIFT player Ed also confirmed with me that the third time he ran the 2015 chain most recently, he received no Troves.
You can learn more about all the activities, store items, quests and minion adventures in the current Fae Yule World Event here.
Dimension NPC in Fae Yule Village
Tacitus noted that there’s a dimension vendor in the Fae Yule Village in Iron Pine Peak that sells a whole bunch of single-item Fae Yule dimension items that you can’t purchase directly from the RIFT Store (although they might be contained within boxes/grab bags).
Dimension items you can purchase include single gift boxes, string of lights, candles, snow, snowmen, wreaths and Fae Yule trees. They all cost Unique Snowflakes.
So the next time you consider purchasing a Blue Gift Box on the auction house for 20p, consider purchasing it from the vendor instead for 50 Unique Snowflakes.
In previous years, the Fae Yule Village only appeared briefly once a complete Fae Yule IA had been completed in a zone. However, this year the Fae Yule Village is always up in Iron Pine Peak.
The Fae Yule Village is located at /setwaypoint 3067 1928 in Iron Pine Peak. Vendor is Eli Wyllyce.
New Livestream Room
Thanks to the work of Senior Community Relations Manager Evan “Scapes” Berman, Trion now has a new livestream room with a comfy red sofa and less door-induced cam-shaking!
Unfortunately as there’s no glass pane behind them, this does mean that there’s no more horse head, ewok or slenderman trolling in the background.
Affinity System Info
Trion reiterated that you get 5 points for daily login and 1 point per hour, up to 3 per day. Patron-only.
- Have a suggestion for any items you want to see added to the Affinity system? Suggest it on the forums!
- Merry Mink might be put on the Affinity store at some point.
- Levitate mount will appear on the Affinity store “down the road”.
- Pet Battle [Combat] Skins might appear on the Affinity store as well.
- PTW Artifact Thief Caches. Dead Simon mentioned that he might be adding new PTW Artifact Thief Caches for livestream giveaways in the future (currently using Unstable ones).
- PTW Portrait Badges Account-bound. Dead Simon mentioned that he has made the Planetouched Wilds Portrait Badges (from collecting their respective artifact sets) account-bound!
Other, Other Info
- Fae Yule Credit Pack Promo. There’s currently two promotions going on in the RIFT Store. Purchase the $20 credit pack for a Jolly Hellbug Pet and the $100 pack for the Jolly Hellbug Mount. [r]
- Conquest Timer should be back to normal after next Wednesday’s hotfix.
- Expanding Weapon VFX. Gingers mentioned in the chat channel that Trion has been talking about possibly doing more with regards to weapon VFX and the wardrobe system, but no plans yet.
- Instant Adventure Tasks. Tacitus mentioned that he had quite a few IA tasks over the next few months. [At least one of them probably relates to the Mind of Madness Instant Adventure. ETA unknown.]
- Crimson Tide Lifter? Not sure if this means anything, but Archonix mentioned in chat that “someone earlier in the week mentioned we need a Crimson Tide lifter!” Unsure if that ‘someone’ is a staff member or a player, and if a Crimson Tide Lifter is actually in the works or not.
Livestream Channel Giveaways
During the Livestream, a handful of livestream chat channel viewers received:
- 1x 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- Minsart, Master_Quack14, wupki, SthMax, SirCoqaLot.
- 1x Unstable Artifact Thief Cache to 5 livestream viewers.
- SarindaDeepwood, InHerMeowth, Klecknermike, Niarb, Goldyowl.
- 1x Merry Mink Mount to 1 livestream viewers.
- 1x The Wilds Pack to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
- 1x Silver Tier Loyalty to 1 lucky livestream viewer!
- 1x Primal Khadlig Mount to 5 livestream viewers.
- Morgaith1, Conkeetsiedork, Yataaaa, Varmo42, sepheriarift.
Congratulations to all the winners!
You should receive information about your prizes in the ‘Inbox’ or ‘Other’ Tab in your Twitch inbox within the next few days.
(From Left to Right: Archonix, CaptainCursor, Tacitus, Dead Simon and CM Ocho.)
And that’s it for the RIFT Livestreams for 2015! No whiteboard reveal or mention of anything specific coming in the new year. That said, look forward to more RIFT livestreams in 2016, and be prepared for the 5th anniversary of the game!
As you wait for the new year to roll in, be sure to check out all the new additions to the game that were recently released with RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath and participate in the on-going Fae Yule World Event!
Also, next Monday (14th Dec), the PTS will be updated with improvements to Tank DPS and Cleric Inquisitor/Shaman/Defiler DPS. Be sure to check them out, as there’s only a one-day window for feedback! Links to each thread below:
- Tank DPS Changes. Full info here.
- Cleric Inquisitor Changes. Info here.
- Cleric Shaman Changes. Info here.
- Cleric Defiler Changes. Info here.
Past Livestream Summaries can be accessed here.