During the first Friday Livestream for 2016, CEO Scott Hartsman stepped in to the RIFT Livestream to announce that Trion Worlds is 10 years old!
Trion Worlds’ 10th Anniversary
Today (8th January 2016) was Trion Worlds‘ 10th Anniversary! This might come as a surprise for many players, but although RIFT was Trion’s first game (launching in 2011), the company formed in 2006. Back in 2006, RIFT was known as “RIFT: Heroes of Telara” before changing to “RIFT: Planes of Telara” before ending up as simply RIFT.
Trion Worlds Releases
In the past 10 years, Trion has developed or published 5 games, with a 6th (Atlas Reactor) currently in alpha.
- 2011, March 1st: RIFT launches in US (4th March for EU).
- 2013, April 2nd: Defiance launches.
- 2014, Sept 16th: ArcheAge launches in the West with Trion as publisher.
- 2015, July 9th: Trove launches.
- 2015, Dec 10th: Devilian launches in the West with Trion as publisher.
- 2016: Atlas Reactor is expected to launch some time in 2016. Currently in alpha.
It also seems as though Trion is actively in talks with various other developers, so the company might end up with another title or two under their publishing belt some time down the line.
In terms of RIFT:
- 2011, March 1st: RIFT launches.
- 2012, November 13th: RIFT: Storm Legion expansion launches.
- 2014, October 22nd: RIFT: Nightmare Tide expansion launches.
Will we see another expansion late 2016? There’s currently no indication of an expansion coming out this year, but it hasn’t been denied either. It’s early in the year though so Trion has plenty of time before they announce anything. For instance, Storm Legion (Nov 13th 2012) wasn’t announced until May 31st 2012. That said, the “3.0 Whiteboard” was revealed as early as April 2013, more than year before the Nightmare Tide expansion launched.
Perhaps Archonix’s Producer Letter slated for some time in January might reveal more.
Here’s to another 10 years of Trion Worlds! Look forward to RIFT’s 5th Anniversary in March!