RIFT news tidbits for 30th January 2016.
- RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath. Patch Notes and additional information.
- RIFT 3.5 Hotfix #7. RIFT Store changes including a new tier of upgrades for level 65 lockbox gear; Intrepid IA cache-dropped gear upgrade to Tier 1; Earring Slots and Planewalker: Water (amongst other) items become credits-only; Typhoon edition credit cost replaced with real $ cost; REX no longer available for Referral Coins; Wardrobe vfx on off-hand fixed; and more. Full patch notes here.
- Wardrobe Wednesday’s Ultimate Wardrobe Challenge. Trion has posted up an article promoting Rift-Wardrobe’s “Wardrobe Wednesday’s Ultimate Wardrobe Challenge”. Big prizes involved including 15,000 Credits and a Necrotic Lifter mount for 1st prize + winner’s costume offered on RIFT Store under their name! Check out details and further information here!
- New Ashen Greathound Supply Crate. The RIFT Store main supply crate has been replaced by a new Ashen Greathound Supply Crate, with a rare chance at the new Ashen Greathound mount! As it is the new supply crate, it also appears in weekly patron gift.
- Explained: Earring/Water/etc Changes. CM Ocho has explained that the change in cost of Earring Slot unlocks, Planewalker: Water attunement and other items in RIFT 3.5 Hotfix #7 is to help “provide more stable and reliable support for RIFT for the long haul”. [r]
- CM Ocho also quashed rumors about where RIFT’s money goes, mentioning that Defiance was 100% investor-funded, and that the RIFT’s team is bigger than it was two years ago.
- Explained: REX Removed From Referral Coins. CM Ocho has explained that the Ascend a Friend system was never intended to be a significant source of REX and the way it was functioning wasn’t healthy to the game. He also explains that he forgot to post a warning before the most recent hotfix. [r] TrionBrasse also provided long post about F2P and revenue streams. [r]
- From other posts, it seems unlikely that Trion will temporarily reverse their decision to give players a window to exchange their Referral Coins. [r]
- Trion is aiming to add more things to the referral system to spend your Referral Coins on. Open to suggestions. [r]
- Minion Slot Credit Bug. “Add Minion Slot” button is not displaying the Credit info. The correct Credit info will display when you hit the confirmation window. Will be fixed in next patch. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Guide: 3.5 Callwelli Puzzle Tips & Tricks [Guide]. Kiwi has posted up some tips and tricks on how to start the Callweddi puzzle as well as what kind of rewards you can expect when undertaking all the different steps to this long puzzle. Check it out here!
- Is the Fix In? [Dimension]. Feendish takes a look at the fixes that were apparently supposed to be in place for previous sky projector graphic wonkiness. It seems with the latest hotfix the graphics have changed. Check out the changes here!
- On a Serious Note: The Addon Debate [Dimension]. Feendish over at The Dimension Touring Company takes a serious look at the issue of using Addons in dimensions, and their implications for the field, including in terms of contests. Read it here!
- The Dreamer’s Bungalow [Dimension]. Seyler over at The Dimension Touring Company takes a look at “The Dreamer’s Bungalow” in her latest dimension tour. This dimension by Squirrelox@Zaviel has a home that’s sat snuggly on a pier with some gorgeously morphed furniture and surrounds. Check out a preview here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack (‘Ally of the Ascended’) with a 16-slot bag, vfx rune, cloak and unique title “The Chosen” by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!