(Img Src: Trion Worlds)
With the 5th Anniversary of RIFT fast approaching (March 1st), it was about time for Trion Worlds to release a new Producer’s Letter for the game. RIFT Game Director Christopher “Archonix” Junior has delivered with a lengthy letter talking about the past year and the year ahead.
Since the 4th Anniversary, RIFT has released 4 major updates, 3 new tiers of raids, Intrepid Instant Adventures, a new dungeon, a new warfront and the zone: Planetouched Wilds.
RIFT 3.6: Celebration of the Ascended
The first major release for 2016 will be RIFT 3.6: Celebration of the Ascended in early April.
- First part of the update will have the Carnival of the Ascended World Event, with all new quests and rewards.
- Trion will also reveal news about additional souls for all callings, new daily login rewards system and PvP improvements.
- Second part of the update will arrive late May with Intrepid Mind of Madness Instant Adventure.
A few tech-related improvements are on the list, with Trion hiring additional engineers over the past year as they ramp up their focus on some key updates they are planning with the engine.
- True multi-core support for the RIFT Client. Will allow the game to make use of more processors, allowing for better performance and stability.
- RIFT conversion to 64-bit Client. This will “multiply the benefits provided by true multi-core support” with better memory use. Again, better performance and stability.
These are big tasks and so there is no exact ETA, but Trion’s engineers are hard at work on them. Early alpha testing has begun on the new client and the test will increase to include more players over time.