RIFT news tidbits for 8th February 2016.
- RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath. Patch Notes and additional information.
- Razorback Roundup is Back! The Razorback Roundup Promo Week is back with a new Celestial Razorback mount with red armor and a Nebula-like skin texture. Check it out here and participate in daily quests for Succulent Truffle currency. Promo ends 3:30PM Server Time on 11th Feb 2016.
- Livestream Summary: RIFT in 2016. Trion went over a bunch of information about content coming to 2016, including further information on multicore support, RIFT 3.6: Celebration of the Ascended and 5 new souls (one per calling) coming to the game! Summary here.
- RIFT Tech. Snedhepl has posted up a lengthy article with information about RIFT’s tech – features added in last year as well as the multicore support that is being worked on for this year. You can read it here! Discussion here.
- Patron Rewards Get Better. Trion has announced a few changes for both Patrons and non-Patrons slated for the February 10th hotfix: [r]
- Patrons will no longer lose soul vitality.
- Patrons pay 50% reduced AH fees and commissions.
- Stacking charges for Dungeons/Warfronts/IAs will now be patron-only.
- Accumulating rested experience will now be patron-only.
- Queuing for specific Warfronts/Dungeons is now patron-only.
- Discussion thread available here. CM Ocho also goes through the reasons for the changes here and here.
- Free Player Platinum Cap Increased. The platinum cap for those who have less than 1,500 loyalty has been increased from 2,500p to 5,000p. Change is experimental – Trion will observe the effect this has on the economy. [r]
- PTS Info. There’s currently a version error bug on the PTS, but Accol was able to squeeze in some time on the PTS prior to the latest update: [r]
- Bank vault 12 added – unlocks for 1,100 Credits.
- 19 more Wardrobe slots added (bringing total to 59). Available for 600p or 400 Credits each.
- New Crafting Weekly to find Congealed Nightmares (compared to current Congealed Dreams).
- Dimensions Info. Ice building blocks will be added to a new grab bag on the RIFT Store soon. Also, in the future, more dimension items will be moved away from older distribution channels (like direct purchase) and into grab bags. [r]
- The new grab bag originally gave 100% chance at three random ice-based building blocks. You also had a chance at a bonus ice-building-block bundle that contains anywhere from 3-6 ice building blocks. Tradeable. [r]
- Notice: Payout for the ice building block grab bag ‘might’ increase to about 20 blocks minimum. [r]
- Shal Korva dimension key will have its borders increased “very soon”. No exact ETA or details. [r]
- Crafting Info. Unfortunately some changes to craft reagent costs made it prematurely in the latest hotfix. [r] They were slated for the 10th Feb. These were a 50% increase in craft reagent costs.
- Next week, 1p crafting reagents bought on the RIFT Store will have their cost increased to 1p 50g each.
- Imperishable [element] Motes will be converted to Imperishable Prismatic Motes when right-clicked in your inventory. Recipes also changed accordingly. Drop rate reduced. [r]
- Recipe for Phenomenal Bottles of Critical Strikes will be changed to only require 6 Sarleaf Extract.
- Rune Amender/Advanced Rune Amender recipes will have their costs slightly reduced.
- Pelagic Fragments and Sarleaf Fiberwood costs on Tormenting/Opaque Amenders will be reduced by 50%. [r]
- Also to reiterate; Time of Day dimension items should no longer drop from boxes or Stan’s lures when RIFT 3.6 is released. [r]
- Fishing Info. Morticus mentioned that there might be a chance that the planar poles/lures would find a use in the future for fishing up soul-bound components for certain recipes. No further details or confirm. [r]
- Minions Info. In 3.6, assassination missions for characters higher than Level 61 will have a chance to drop Pelagic Fragments. [r]
- Other Info.
- Max Role slots potentially increasing. No further info, but added to schedule. [r]
- Might add more macro slots, but it would be further down the line and likely paid. [r]
- Tacitus wants to also add Instant Adventures for Planebreaker Bastion and Infernal Dawn (Fire Wing); but will depend on schedule. [r]
- CM Ocho has mentioned in a forum post that another tech-based livestream is probably going to appear on 19th Feb. [r] However, during the latest livestream, he mentioned that – depending on scheduling – the livestream might appear as early as the 12th Feb. [r]
- Ginger likes the idea of a monthly newsletter. Will chat with team and see what they can do. No promises. [r]
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack (‘Ally of the Ascended’) with a 16-slot bag, vfx rune, cloak and unique title “The Chosen” by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!