RIFT news tidbits for 12th February 2016.
- RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath. Patch Notes and additional information.
- Call to Arms Event + Free Patron. A refurbished Mayhem event has begun called “Call to Arms: The Heartland”, running from Feb 12-14th. Log in during this time and you’ll also get 3 days of free Patron. Like Mayhem, the Call to Arms event increases zone event spawns in Silverwood/Freemarch and has Patron-only daily/weekly quests from Planar Commanders in Sanctum/Meridian. More info/guide to the event here.
- Call to Arms V2. Note that due to some bugs, drop rewards have been disabled. However, Call to Arms will run a second time on Feb 19-21st. During this weekend, the patron-only quests will be open to all players. [r]
- Lovely Levitation Mount. There’s a new Lovely Levitation Mount available on the RIFT Store front page and via the Lock Boxes tab as a rare chance drop from the Limited Edition: Lovely Levitation Trove. Mount is 155% (or matches fastest speed), Amphibious and account-wide unlock. It adds pulsing love hearts on your hand and some red petals. You can view an animated preview of the mount by Niyok over at /r/RIFT here. [Article]
- Sale of the Trove ends on Feb 17th.
- PTS Update + Datamining: Rodent, Snail, Heart Mounts. Most recent PTS Update includes new ‘reactor’ weapon skins, dimension Decoration Scratchers as well as Rodent and Snail mount skins! Full info + screens here.
- Conquest Premade Group Testing This Weekend. Archonix has announced that – starting this weekend – Conquest premade groups will be limited to groups of 5 (when queuing up for CQ) again. This test will last for several weeks. Please post feedback here.
- RIFT Livestream: Multithreading. Trion had a RIFT livestream today talking more about multicore support. I’m currently writing up the full summary, but you can check out the recorded video here (RIFT portion of the video starts at 3hrs 11min 35sec in). Quick tidbits: Hoping for open beta testing early March; Possible class/soul changes to test on PTS next Monday; and next week we’ll have another RIFT livestream (3 in a row!) talking about RIFT 3.6: Celebration of the Ascended content.
- Reverse Wedding Costumes. With the latest hotfix, you can now purchase the opposite gender’s wedding dress/suit. It costs 10p and is found under RIFT Store -> Cosmetics -> Costume Armor -> “Flipped Wedding Garb”. (Since you can refund, it’s technically free). You can check out images from TrionBrasse here, as well as a video here.
- Patron Soul Damage Bug. Currently if a patron resurrects at a graveyard, they still take soul vitality damage. This is a bug and will be fixed in the next hotfix. [r]
- Possible New Minion Adventure Chain. Player Berekae has discovered a potential new minion adventure chain. Starting adventure has both a Linked Chain icon (for adventure chains) and a Rare icon (to indicate it is a rare adventure). The adventure requires the C1-0N3 minion to complete. Unknown at this stage whether this is part of the old Tasuil chain, with the adventure simply becoming a ‘rare’ adventure, or if this is an entirely new chain altogether. Check out screenshots here!
- Patron UI Changes. Gingers has posted up information and screenshot previews of a whole bunch of UI changes coming to the game in relation to Patron. The goal is to make Patron benefits easier to understand with:
- A new Patron button in RIFT Store where you can purchase patron and view benefits.
- New ‘Patron’ icon on screen for non-Patrons. Clicking will take them to the Patron tab of the RIFT Store.
- Patron abilities will be viewable by all players, although grayed out for non-Patrons.
- Unfortunately showing subscription time left requires extra tech and there are currently no plans to add this info to the game. [r]
- These changes will be coming to PTS “soon”. Expected Live release is prior to 3.6.
- Please post feedback in Gingers’ thread here.
- Ice-blocks Resize Issue. Trion will take a look at potentially changing the resize limit of the new dimension ice building blocks so they can resize to the same magnitude as existing blocks. [r]
- Dead Simon Dummy. Dead Simon will look at potentially adding a dimension version of the Dead Simon NPC that appears in front of the Pentomino Permutator puzzle at Callweddi, into the game. Might require Lucky Coins. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Galaxy Class Starship [Dimension]. Feendish from the Dimension Touring Co. takes a tour of Jaidia@Faeblight’s “Galaxy Class Starship” – a futuristic spaceship with a ton of interesting and detailed control hubs, a med bay, foyer and more. Check it out here!
- Scratching Away [Dimension]. Feendish takes a look at the latest additions coming to RIFT for dimensioneers, including the Decoration Scratchers and an Ovog Shrine dimension key that Morticus has placed on the PTS. Check out screenshots here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack (‘Ally of the Ascended’) with a 16-slot bag, vfx rune, cloak and unique title “The Chosen” by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!