Advertisements

RiftGrate on Indefinite Hiatus

Notice Indefinite Hiatus Feature Image

tl;dr – RiftGrate is going on an indefinite hiatus. I’ve had a great time with RiftGrate and Rift but I am unable to continue running the site for the foreseeable future.

Indefinite Hiatus

Hi all, as some of you might have noticed, I have not updated RiftGrate for about three weeks now and I apologize for my absence and lack of notification. In short, RiftGrate will go on an indefinite hiatus.

To the fansites or budding contributors out there, I give you permission to use any content on RiftGrate, including making updated versions of the Dream Orbs Stat Sheet or Minion Card Database.

Thank you all for an awesome three years of RiftGrate, and five years of RIFT!

Fansites/Resources

There’s plenty of fansites/youtubers out there so be sure to check them out:

• RIFT Official Blog. RIFT has an official blog that posts the big stuff. Keep an eye on it!
  • RIFT PTS Sub-forum. For information on upcoming changes, the PTS sub-forum will usually have players discussing new changes on the Public Test Shard.
  • /r/Rift. Rift’s subreddit with various discussions. Cupcakey also posts hotfix notes as a sticky.
  • RIFT Discord Channel. Kiwi has set up a Discord (text/voice chat) channel with a whole bunch of player activity.
  • RiftScene: BiS Tables. RiftScene’s BiS tables are generally up-to-date. Articles and guides on the game can also be found here. Excellent resource!
  • PrancingTurtle. Awesome CombatLog parser for RIFT by Hewi. Just upload your combatlog to view stats for your raid in an easy-to-view format. You can also view other guilds’ (public) parses so you can compare!
  • Rift Progress/TopofRift. For all your Guild Standing information. Find out where your guild stands and who got world/shard firsts for a raid boss. Front page also shows any Live/recent streams from raids.
  • Rift-Wardrobe. Weekly Wednesday wardrobe livestreams showing off entries to their monthly wardrobe contest by Discordya! Be sure to enter!
  • Rift Dimension Addicts. Database of all dimension items, what they look like and where to obtain them, maintained by Kitasia.
  • The Dimension Touring Company. Lots of touring of player dimensions as well as dimension-related tips, guides and news! Run by Feendish and Dimensiondiva with several guest authors.
  • The Dimension Gallery. A place to upload screenshots of your dimension for everyone to view! Run by Nouvae, she also does interviews of dimensioneers in the blog section of the site, and creates amazing dimension-related videos you can check out here.
  • Oria Xu’s Raid Guides. Although he no longer plays the game, Oria Xu’s raid guides are the best out there. He has guides for Nightmare Tide raid bosses all the way up to The Pillars of Justice in the Mind of Madness (5/9).
  • Rift Guides Sub-Forum. The Guides sub-forum on RIFT has a huge amount of useful guides, especially in regards to Class specs. Be sure to check it out!
  • ChamberDown’s Specs. ChamberDown is no longer active (on hiatus), but he has some amazing video guides on youtube for a large variety of specs. Excellent resource!
  • GrimGaming Rift. Grim is famous for his pvp gameplay videos, but he also does spec guides, general gameplay videos and commentary about the state of Rift’s PvP.
  • Seatin: Man of Legends. Seatin has a whole heap of RIFT-related videos – PvP videos, general guides and some dungeon/chronicle guides.

And of course there’s plenty of others out there as well. RiftGrate will continue to be up for reference purposes, so you can check out the Reference List or Guides section.

Oh, and check out Silenta@Seastone‘s obstacle/jumping course dimension on Seastone (NA)! Forgot what it was called, but it’s a real challenge!

About Datamining

If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, it’s very simple. I had hardly any idea what I was doing other than following TehFrank’s tutorial but it’ll ‘just click’ with some fiddling around, so here it is:

• TehFrank: So, you also want to datamine the PTS? – Refer to TehFrank’s posts in the thread he created back in 2014 for how to datamine the PTS. The least time-consuming stuff to go through if you are in a hurry would be to skim through the image files.

Big thanks to TehFrank and Sonoko for all their datamining efforts, and major props to TehFrank for the guide/files and for teaching a tech noob like me how to look through the files!

Asset Files

• RIFT Assets Folder. Trion has an assets folder that gets updated every now and then with new files. These mainly pertain to soul data, discovery logs (data on quests, items/etc and who gets shard firsts) as well as a multitude of UI assets including soul icons. Useful for anyone running a fansite or database.
  • NT Rare Mobs Maps. [Goboro Reef] [Draumheim] [Tarken Glacier]. Nightmare Tide Rare Mob maps for Goboro Reef, Draumheim and Tarken Glacier. These were created by TheFireandIceGuild. However, their website has been down for a while now (hosting probably expired) so I’m putting them up here for reference purposes.

You can probably find other relevant asset files in past datamining/pts/a-look-back articles.

Other Interesting Links

• Concept Artists. Might want to follow them. There’s been rare examples where they’ve posted artwork to new content prior to it being posted anywhere else:
    • Sven Bybee – Lead Concept Artist.
    • Stephen Mabee. Senior Concept Artist.
    • Julien Renoult – Senior Concept Artist. Joined Trion in June 2015 – seems to be working on expansion/future content based on the armor/weapon he created here. Feels like Myrkur Depth or Platinum Keep-style content.
    • Chris Bennett – Senior Character Artist. Not sure if he still does Rift though.
  • RIFT Twitter. On the rare occasion, RIFT’s twitter might post giveaway codes (in image format). They also retweet some player-created stuff so good to follow.

Once again, thank you all for supporting RiftGrate throughout these years and for making the game so much fun! Hope you all have an awesome time in RIFT, and happy belated 5th anniversary!

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Categories: Archives

37 Comments on “RiftGrate on Indefinite Hiatus”

1. forbiddenlake
    March 10, 2016 at 5:00 pm #

Thank you!

2. March 10, 2016 at 5:52 pm #

Thank you, Khorty, for EVERYTHING you’ve EVER done for the game, and for myself. You have been and are an inspiration and I really do hope you find your way back again someday. I know not all things are perfect, but maybe someday our paths will cross again. One can only hope. Good luck on your journey ❤

3. Jaed
    March 10, 2016 at 6:01 pm #

Thanks so much for all you’ve done for Rift and Rift players! Wishing you great avast good fortune and success in all your endeavors.

4. DarkCleros
    March 10, 2016 at 6:17 pm #

Khortish- we thank you a zillion times over for your amazing contribution to this awesome game over the years AND most importantly, we sincerely hope you get your RL issues ironed out and get to a better place soon. Best wishes to you!

5. eric
    March 10, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

thank you ❤ miss ya hope you are able to come back soon

6. turbid
    March 10, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

Thank you for all you have done for the Rift community over the years. It is very much appreciated and I wish you all the best. *hugs*

7. Chickie
    March 10, 2016 at 7:18 pm #

Much love to you Marko! We will certainly miss you over here at AI. If you ever need a listening ear – you know where to find me. Aside from the guild, I’ve always appreciated your input, your calm and your levelheadedness (yes, that’s a word – well, it is now!). And of course, your knowledge and insight was always appreciated. I’m glad I got to know you. Please don’t be a stranger!

8. TehFrank
    March 10, 2016 at 7:50 pm #

sad =v.v=

I still have all of the stuff that I had on dumptruck.
    At some point I will reupload it to something like mega.

9. ChamberDown
    March 10, 2016 at 9:01 pm #

Thanks for keeping up with this resource for the community. It was an extremely valuable contribution, and one that will be sorely missed. Good luck Khortish!

10. vx
    March 10, 2016 at 9:26 pm #

I stopped playing rift, but anyway I would want to say thank you for your site and your epic work. it was soooo useful for me (sure for a lot of players).
    I hope your irl issues would solved soon.
    thanks again, and good luck doesn’t matter what you will do.

11. Xarhuli
    March 10, 2016 at 10:17 pm #

All the best to you, Sir – may you journey through the planes on a well-spirited kite willingly, soon enough, landing to remake old friends and fights back home.

12. Ghamir
    March 10, 2016 at 11:39 pm #

Thank you for your work during past years, your site was always very helpful.
    Good luck in your real life!

13. Danny Van Dijck
    March 10, 2016 at 11:55 pm #

Thx for what you have done. I hope you will return one day!

This site was very usefull for me as a beginner and it still is!

14. euan
    March 11, 2016 at 1:09 am #

Thank you Khortish, your generosity of time, patience and kindness to the player community is truly amazing. Your input will be sorely missed but you should be very proud of what you have achieved here. I am sure that I speak for all the community in wishing you all the very best for the days, months and years to come and we all hope you are able to resolve your RL issues. 🙂

15. Shanor
    March 11, 2016 at 2:39 am #

Thank for everything! And hope you’ll solve your own problem.

16. jana4u
    March 11, 2016 at 3:09 am #

I wish you all the best and I hope your RL issues will get resolved quickly.

Thank you for all your hard work you put into RiftGrate over years. For me personally it is the best resource about RIFT made by community.

And thank you for posting this, I was getting worried that something way more terrible happened to you.

17. Zetsu
    March 11, 2016 at 4:06 am #

from Down deep my heart, i say Thank You very much man,
    Thank you for making Rift a better game
    yea i mean it, Riftgrate.com was core part of my Rift experince
    i even have it as 2nd home page.
    its really makes me feel sad that you will stop and i hope for whatever happeneing in your life to be good and better than before.
    untill then i wish you they very best.

Tahnk you….

18. giri
    March 11, 2016 at 4:49 am #

Thank you so much for all the immensely helpful information you painstakingly acquired for us lazy folk, we really appreciate the incredible amount of time this endeavour took out of your life.
    I do hope that you will be able to overcome whatever obstacle life has put in your way and come out stronger for it.
    We will miss you sorely ;w; I really hope you will consider coming back one day! ❤

19. March 11, 2016 at 5:39 am #

Aww, you’ll be missed in this sphere but look after yourself, okay? *hugs*

20. Nukem
    March 11, 2016 at 6:02 am #

Thank you very much for the great website. I hope it stays up because it has a lot of great guides on it that i refer people to here all the time. I can only imagine how much time it takes to do what you did for this website. Well good luck in your future endeavors..

21. Miyuron
    March 11, 2016 at 8:16 am #

Thank you for all you’ve done for us, Khortish! Wishing you all the best for your future I hope that you’ll be back again one day!

22. saltgurl
    March 11, 2016 at 8:29 am #

You had a great site, but in everyone’s lives, there is a time when the road splits and they require healing and time away from the usual activities to do what’s best for their lives, health and mental well being. I wish you the best of luck in taking care of yourself and whatever needs to be done. You will be missed and this website was the greatest asset RIFT had and it was all because of you. That’s amazing isn’t it? That you had this HUGE an impact in the player base of a major video game. You are a great person and your life is only going to get better and lead to bigger and brighter things after this bump in the road. Good luck.

23. March 11, 2016 at 8:55 am #

Love you bro, always. Let me know if I can help in any way with the rl stuff PM me on twitter any time. Got yo back!

24. Maledict
    March 11, 2016 at 9:05 am #

Good Luck!

25. Fae
    March 11, 2016 at 11:10 am #

Thank you for your message… and thank you so much for all the fantabulous things on this website, the forums and the ‘footprints’ you’re leaving in game and ‘out there’…. I do wish you well, I hope the issues will be resolved as soon as possible for you and things will be great …

Thanks again for so very very much…

26. myxe
    March 11, 2016 at 12:05 pm #

Thankyou for all you have done , you will be greatly missed

27. Kaledir
    March 12, 2016 at 3:40 am #

I read your site since almost a year. Thank you a lot for all, and wish you good luck in anything you do.

28. March 13, 2016 at 10:31 am #

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to bring us updates and new information about Rift. Your site has always been my first go to for news and I have greatly appreciated the content you have published over years. I hope whatever RL challenges you are having will be a positive outcome and I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

29. March 13, 2016 at 7:56 pm #

Thank you very much, hope the IRL goes well.

30. Jayded
    March 14, 2016 at 7:35 am #

Thank you for all your hard work with this website. It has always been one my best go to guides. I hope everything works out for you & we see you back here!

31. Voth
    March 14, 2016 at 8:41 pm #

Keep on rockin Markhoronus! I still remember the days in Mutinous Dogs with you ;).

32. Mischka
    March 14, 2016 at 11:11 pm #

Sad to see you leave us – but hopefully this is ‘au revoir’ and not goodbye.

33. Yshanya
    March 21, 2016 at 5:09 pm #

Thanks for creating such a great source of Rift information and all the best!

34. March 26, 2016 at 4:21 pm #

Khortish,

Thanks for everything you have done for the RIFT community!

I hope things improve for you soon and I’ll be sending well wishes and positive energy your way.

Best,
    S0FTERSIN

35. April 11, 2016 at 3:50 pm #

Best of luck to you going forward, Khortish. You weren’t just a contributer, you were a crucial piece of the community’s foundation. Riftgrate was and is a hell of an accomplishment appreciated by all current and former Telarans!

-Ozamet

36. Roland
    April 16, 2016 at 6:10 pm #

Thanks for “all” the great news and info you’ve delivered over the years to us! Hope you get the RL stuff sorted to your satisfaction. It is hard to focus on gaming when things in the real world are in need of attention. Been there 😉

Take care and hopefully we’ll see you later on the flip side!

Best Regards!

Rol

\m/

37. Shenoah
    September 21, 2016 at 6:57 am #

Thank you for all of your contributions! This has been one of the best Rift community sites out there.

-Shenoah