The Fae Yule annual world event is filled with a variety of ice and Faelight weapon skins, Xmas backpacks, stockings, Vaiyuu mounts and Yule-themed dimension items. There’s also some nice necklackes and essences for the gear-focused player.
These all require either Unique Snowflakes, Dark Icicles or Credits.
- Dark Icicles are limited currency earned through completing the story quest for each phase of the event and as a rare chance drop from Fae Yule minion adventures.
- Unique Snowflakes are unlimited currency that you can continue to earn by doing the daily quests, through participating in rifts & zone events, Fae Yule minion adventures and a variety of other activities related to the world event.
- Both currencies can be found at the bottom of your currencies tab in your character window (default key “c“).
Just a warning that a lot of the wardrobe items available under RIFT Store -> World Event will automatically be consumed when you buy them so you can’t vendor them back after collecting their appearance. This is noted in the tooltips: “Consumed automatically once purchased”.
For wardrobe items that do not have the auto-consume tooltip, you can just purchase them then sell them back to the Store. This will allow you to collect the skin without having to spend currency.
Fae Yule Mounts
There’s a variety of Fae Yule Mounts you can obtain from the RIFT Store, via lockbox or through an achievement.
RIFT Store Fae Yule Mounts
The following are obtained from the RIFT Store -> World Event during Fae Yule:
- Grey Festive Fae Yule Vaiyuu. 900 Unique Snowflakes + 30 Dark Icicles or 1,250 Credits.
- Spotted Festive Fae Yule Vaiyuu. 900 Unique Snowflakes + 30 Dark Icicles or 950 Credits.
- Tawny Fae Yule Vaiyuu. 500 Unique Snowflakes + 30 Dark Icicles or 1,250 Credits.
- Nightbringer. 250 Credits. Requires “The Nightmare Before Fae Yule” achievement.
Each mount is 60% or match fastest mount speed; Land mount; Bound to Account. As such, you can use your alts to get enough currency to purchase them and send to your main/chosen char.
There’s two achievement-based Fae Yule mounts you can obtain:
The Nightbringer mount is obtained from “The Nightmare Before Fae Yule” achievement found under Achievements (default key “h“) -> World Events -> Fae Yule. The one on the RIFT Store is to allow you to purchase the mount for your alts once you have unlocked the achievement.
The Snow Ki Rin Mount is obtained from the “For Whom The Jingle Bell Tolls” achievement founder under Achievements (“h”) -> World Events -> Fae Yule. Matches fastest mount speed; Land mount; Bound to Account. Requires collecting a bunch of pets that were originally in a lockbox, but that can now be bought directly from the World Event store.
Cold breath vfx comes out of its mouth, and snow is kicked up when the Snow Ki Rin mount moves. (Note: The Moonstone Ki Rin mount is the same mount, but without any vfx).
You can learn more about Fae Yule achievements and how to complete them here.
The Midnight Mink Mount is obtained as a rare chance drop from the Limited Edition: Midnight Mink Trove that is currently available on the RIFT Store. It is also tradeable, so you might find it on the Auction House. 155% or matches fastest mound speed; Land mount; Account-wide unlock.
The Merry Mink Mount was the lockbox mount for Fae Yule 2014. It is a rare chance drop from the Limited Edition: Merry Mink Trove. This is no longer available for purchase. 155% or matches fastest mount speed; Land mount; Account-wide unlock.
There is a chance of the Limited Edition: Merry Mink Trove dropping during the 5/15min and 8hr Fae Yule minion adventure chains.
[Merry Mink Trove might have been removed since the server reset on Fri 11th Dec 2015. Still awaiting re-confirmation though.]
In Fae Yule 2015, you are able to obtain both the 2014 and 2015 Fae Yule Minion adventure chains, as well as participate in 10hr Promo adventures. You can learn more about the Fae Yule Minions and chain patterns here.
Jolly Hellbug Mount
The Jolly Hellbug Mount is available during Fae Yule as a bonus gift when you purchase the $100 Credit Pack on the RIFT Store.
The mount matches your fastest mount speed; Land Mount. Its binding is classified as Bound to Account, although it unlocks account-wide and is available via in-game mail on all existing and future characters on your account.
Fae Yule Wardrobe/Misc
There’s quite a few wardrobe/misc items available for Fae Yule, with new backpack-style items, a range of new Faelight weapon skins as well as items from previous years. Some of the old lockbox items are now up on the Store for direct purchase.
Fae Yule Bags
There are three bags related to Fae Yule:
- Greatfather’s Festive Sack. 28-Slot Bag. Bound to Account. Unique. RIFT Store: 12 Dark Icicles + 650 Unique Snowflakes or 1,250 Credits.
- Greatfather’s Grand Sack. 36-Slot Bag. Bound to Account. Unique. RIFT Store: 20 Dark Icicles + 3,000 Unique Snowflakes or 2,700 Credits.
- Coal-Stained Backpack. 34-Slot Bag. Bound to Account. Unique. Rare drop from Dark Ice Bells, that are rewarded from the Fae Yule Story Quests.
Fae Yule Portrait Badges
New with 2015 are Fae Yule portrait badges. Below are the graphics for the two portrait badges in the data files:
(The hellbug badge is stretched and will likely look ‘cleaner’ in-game.)
The two badges are:
- Jolly Hellbug Portrait Badge
- Jingling Bells Portrait Badge
These sit at the top of your portrait frame and can be selected by right-clicking your portrait and choosing from the Portrait Badge drop-down. This option won’t appear if you don’t have any portrait badges. Stacks with portrait frames.
Fae Yule Portrait Frames
Fae Yule portrait frames exist from previous years:
- Fae Yule Gift Portrait – This ‘boxes/gifts’ portrait is obtained from the 2014 Fae Yule Minion Adventure Pack. Unfortunately that pack is not available in 2015. Only the Rudy minion card by itself is available, not the pack that contained this portrait.
- Animated Holiday Portrait – This portrait is the wreath portrait in the above image and also comes with animated snowmen that appear alongside your stat bars. Gained from the RIFT Store for 525 Credits.
Portrait Frames can be accessed/changed by right-clicking your character portrait and choosing from the Portrait Frame drop-down.
Fae Yule Backpacks/Capes
Fae Yule Backpacks
Autumn Harvest 2015 introduced animated backpacks, and Fae Yule 2015 follows suit.
There’s both the Fae Yule Gnome Gift Backpack and the Fae Yule Celebration Backpack. Each costs 1,000 Credits.
- The Gnome Gift Backpack is animated with eye movement, nose twitch, mouth (and beard) movement as well as some movement within the stocking, like the gnome is moving its legs around inside.
- The Celebration Backpack isn’t animated.
These are auto-consumed on purchase.
Fae Yule Capes
There’s two new Capes, although previous ones are also available. New capes cost 4 Dark Icicles and 300 Unique Snowflakes each and are auto-consumed, whilst the old ones aren’t and cost 240/500 Unique Snowflakes.
Capes are as follows:
- Fae Yule Festive Cape. 2013’s cape. Costs 240 Unique Snowflakes or 160 Credits. Can refund.
- Fae Yule Grand Cape. 2014’s cape. Costs 500 Unique Snowflakes or 350 Credits. Can refund.
- Fae Yule Fur Cape. 2015’s cape #1. Costs 4 Dark Icicles + 300 Unique Snowflakes or 350 Credits. Auto-consumed.
- Fae Yule Holly Cape. 2015’s cape #2. Costs 4 Dark Icicles + 300 Unique Snowflakes or 350 Credits. Auto-consumed.
You might be wondering where the 2012 (1st year) cape is at. Unfortunately it’s not available in the RIFT Store.
The Winter Cape from 2012 was given out as part of an Ascend-a-Friend promo. You had to invite a friend to purchase a copy of Storm Legion (back before F2P) before the end of December 2012 and both of you would get the cape. This is no longer available in the RIFT Store or Ascend-a-Friend.
Fae Yule Armor Skins
There’s no new Fae Yule armor skins this year (unless you include the capes/backpacks).
Fae Yule Reveler’s Bundle
The Fae Yule Reveler’s Bundle makes a return this year for 1,100 Unique Snowflakes or 850 Credits. Contains boots, gloves, helmet, leggings, shoulders and tunic.
The Sweaters and Festive Cap from previous years are also available for purchase.
The sweaters and cap are refundable. The Fae Yule Reveler’s Bundle is not once you open the bundle.
Fae Yule Weapon Skins
Faelight Weapon Skins
New Faelight weapon skins are available under RIFT Store -> World Event during Fae Yule. They follow a frost/wood theme. They cost 1 Dark Icicle and 500 Unique Snowflakes or 400 Credits each.
The Faelight weapon skins are consumed automatically once purchased so you won’t be able to refund them.
Ice Weapon Skins
Ice weapon skins that were previously only available in a Fae Yule Grab Bag and now available for direct purchase from the RIFT Store. They cost 1 Dark Icicle and 500 Unique Snowflakes or 400 Credits each.
The Ice weapon skins are not automatically consumed, so you can refund them.
Xmas Weapon Skins
Xmas weapon skins from past Fae Yules are also on the RIFT Store.
- Candy Cane costs 200 Unique Snowflakes or 400 Credits.
- Gargantuan Candy Cane costs 300 Unique Snowflakes or 400 Credits.
- Fae Yule Tree Staff costs 3 Dark Icicles + 324 Unique Snowflakes or 400 Credits.
- Snow Globe costs 3 Dark Icicles + 324 Unique Snowflakes or 400 Credits.
The Xmas weapon skins are not automatically consumed, so you can refund them.
Fae Yule Dimension Items
Fae Yule Dimension Grab Bag
The Fae Yule Dimension Grab Bag is available on the RIFT Store -> World Event for 3 Dark Icicles + 250 Unique Snowflakes, or 350 Credits each.
It contains one Fae Yule dimension item and two very uncommon dimension items. It also has a chance to drop rare Fae Yule dimension items.
Some of the items available in the bags include Snow Globe, U-Shaped Garland, different colored Tree Stars, various length Icicles, Plushies and Stockings.
There’s also a Fae Yule Dimension Kit: 2014 Collection containing 12 items from last year’s Fae Yule event.
RiftDimensionAddicts’ database also includes all previous years’ Fae Yule dimension items, including those in the Fae Yule Kits that you can check out here.
Key to Dimension: Icewatch Outpost
The Icewatch Outpost dimension costs 750 Unique Snowflakes and 30 Dark Icicles or 1,650 Credits.
It is a really large dimension that grants you not only access to the twin towers, the elevators and the basement, but also the area where the Porticulum is all the way to – and including – the bridge.
Dimension Item Limit is 2,000 at Level 5.
There’s also a video tour you can check out below:
As the Icewatch Outpost dimension has been available in previous years, you can preview the dimension in-game by going to Dimensions (default key “[“) -> Search and type “Icewatch Outpost”.
Fae Yule Necklaces
The accessories for this year’s Fae Yule are Tier 1 and can be upgraded to Tier 2 with a Dreaming Ornament Amender and 5x Abyssal Crusader’s Accelerators.
Costs 30 Dark Icicles + 2,300 Unique Snowflakes or 2,100 Credits each. Has both DPS and Tank versions. Bind on Pickup.
Fae Yule Essences
Fae Yule 2015 also has new ‘Reforged’ essences for Level 65 players as well as lower-level essences from previous years.
Costs 30 Dark Icicles + 750 Unique Snowflakes or 1,280 Credits each. Has both DPS and Tank versions. Bound to Account
Fae Yule Minions
Fae Yule Minion Chain 2015
There’s 6 new minions added to the latest Fae Yule World Event. The first one is Grish which you get from the RIFT Store -> World Event for 10 Dark Icicles + 500 Unique Snowflakes or 750 Credits.
The rest are obtained from a minion adventure chain that is triggered when you collect Grish and starts with a 1min adventure called “Fae Yule is here! Grish has come to bring the hate!” that only Grish can complete.
High Attribute Value. The 2015 Fae Yule minions have some very good attribute stats, with four of them having a max attribute value of over 25 (27/29). Only other card with a higher value than 25 is Haligan the Pyretouched from Autumn Harvest 2015, which has a value of 30.
Pattern to Fae Yule minion chains as well as their max stats can be found under the Fae Yule: Minions Guide.
Fae Yule Minion Chain 2014
Fae Yule 2014 also had a minion chain. This was previously for Credits-only, but you can now obtain the starting Minion Card: Rudy for either 3 Dark Icicles + 250 Unique Snowflakes or 500 Credits. The rest are gained from the minion chain.
Pattern to Fae Yule minion chains as well as their max stats can be found under the Fae Yule: Minions Guide.
The Minion Card Database has been updated with the new Fae Yule 2015 cards.
Obtaining Fae Yule Items Tips
- Some wardrobe items can be refunded. Check that they don’t have the ‘auto-consume’ text in tooltip.
- A lot of items are Bound to Account, so use alts! Level 65 Necklaces are the main ones that are Bind on Pickup.
- For Dark Ice Bells (that can contain a pet or the rare 34-slot Coal-Stained Backpack), use alts and do the Story Quest for each Phase as they reward a Dark Ice Bell and 10x Dark Icicles each. This will also help you complete the 25,000 Imported Twinkles achievement.
You can check out the main Fae Yule Guide here.
- Fae Yule Achievements Guide
- Fae Yule Farming Event Currency Guide
- Fae Yule Minions Guide
- Fae Yule Quests Guide
- Fae Yule Store Guide