Patch file size is ~4.88GB. Note: Most of this seems to be edits of existing files (probably for performance purposes) so you shouldn’t be too concerned if your hard drive has limited space.
As with all major patches, there’s usually a few bugs that creep in. CM Morgana has created a thread that you can read up on or post bugs here.
- Nightmare Saga Questline. A new Epic Cult Saga has begun: The Nightmare Saga. Level 65 players will find a letter with the first quest to the Nightmare Saga in your in-game mail. You’ll be able to do Act I on 3.3 release. Act II and III come in following weeks (2 weeks’ gap each).
- Planar Crafting. A large system has been added in called Planar Crafting, with new planar-crafted gear, dimension items, planar fishing poles and a weekly quest to obtain Planar Crafting Rift Lures.
- Planar Weekly opposite Howard (existing crafting weekly) in Choreburg, Draumheim via NPC Tephael the Usurper. /setwaypoint 5866 5521. Can only be opened in Tarken Glacier.
- Planar Crafted Gear Upgrades. (Note: Images from PTS; some might be outdated; 2pc bonus is +150, not +250).
- Imperishable Craft Mats can be obtained as rare chance via the associated Planar Crafting Rift; via fishing using the associated Planar Fishing Pole; or via RIFT Store -> Crafting for Credits.
- Harvest Anything. You can now harvest any level node as long as you have at least 1 point in that gathering profession. E.g. With 1 point in Mining you can mine all mining nodes. (Thanks to dcrago for the heads up!)
- Those gathering with a gathering profession that is at a lower level than the node’s level will generally receive less materials.
- Those gathering with a gathering profession that is at or above the node’s level will now notice that they generally receive more materials than pre-3.3.
- Fun Crafted Gear. There’s a whole slew of fun crafted gear that have been added in – pure fluff items. Check out your trainer as well as the Artisan Store (or RIFT Store -> Crafting -> [profession]) for recipes.
- Weaponsmiths can craft some weapon costumes.
- Armorsmiths can craft some Chain/Plate-based wardrobe bundles.
- Outfitter can craft some Cloth/Rogue-based wardrobe bundles.
- Runecrafter can craft ‘Glyphs’ with various vfx + party sticks.
- Artificers can craft some companion pets.
- Apothecaries can craft various potions that have some interesting and unique vfx.
- Dream Weavers have some new Nightmare Tide dimension items they can craft.
- No more Tyrant’s Anvil. You no longer need Tyrant’s Anvil to upgrade items dropped from Tyrant’s Forge.
- Any existing Anvils have been auto-converted to 4,000 Abyssal Crusader’s Marks.
- All sources of Tyrant’s Anvil drops now drops Hearts of the Frozen.
- (It’s time to upgrade those Tyrant’s Forge legs/accessories into relics!
- Frenetic Gear. Dreambreaker (PvP) gear that drops from Marauder Supply Crates that you get for winning Level 65 Warfronts now has a new upgrade tier -> Frenetic. This gear has +150 hit.
- Premade Marking. A number will now show up on a player’s name if they are in a Warfront premade. Number corresponds to the group they are in.
- Shared Shard Vault. There is now a new vault in your Bank which allows you to share items between your own characters on the same shard. You cannot share soulbound items. Does not work cross-shard or cross-region. You cannot craft from shard vault, but an engineer is looking at this feature. [r]
- Tarken Glacier Instant Adventures. You can check out Tarken Glacier Instant Adventures via the Instant Adventure window. HK IAs have been moved to Intrepid IA queue.
- Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy. New Tier 2 10-man raid. Right next to the old Level 50 version of the raid in Shimmersand. /setwaypoint 7116 6905.
- Introduction/Hard Mode Raids. Rhen of Fate and new Intrepid: Gilded Prophecy 10-man raids now have Introduction and Hard Mode toggles at the start of the instance. Each Mode gives their Mode’s Chest + Chests from the lower-difficulty Modes for each boss defeated. (e.g. Hard Mode rewards Hard Mode + Normal Mode + Easy Mode chests).
- All Modes give raid currency.
- Introduction Mode Chest gives plat-only.
- Normal Mode Chest gives two pieces of gear. (last boss in IGP gives Eye of Untold Madness + Relic Weapon + Epic Cape)
- Hard Mode Chest gives:
- Heart for Rhen of Fate.
- Relic Accessory for IGP. (last boss in IGP also gives another Eye of Untold Madness)
- You can check out Trion’s Livestream about IGP where they show off some of the loot here.
- Note: You can keep changing the difficulty of the encounter until you have downed the first boss. Afterwards, you are allowed to change to a lower difficulty setting for future bosses, but you cannot increase the difficulty.
- New Loyalty Tier: Silver. Silver loyalty tier is now available with a whole bunch of new items, including the Treasure boost and a special buff that gives all members in your raid a 5% boost to experience, favor, prestige, notoriety and token currency gained from all sources!
- Random Chronicles. You can now queue up 1 or 2-man for Random Chronicles. Acts like Random Warfronts/Dungeons, but with half the rewards.
- Mage Changes. There’s a bunch of Harbinger changes and change to Stormcaller’s Storm Locus. Major ones you’ll notice are that Empyrean Ascension no longer grants temporary abilities, and Phase Step no longer deals damage. Also, Stormcaller’s Storm Locus now only affects Air and Water damage.
- Kerghan’s Guide to 54 Harbinger (3.3). Check out Kerghan’s guide to 54 Harbinger, written with the new changes in mind. Check it out here!
- Burninalways’ Quick Harbinger Guide. Updated Harbinger spec with the new changes in mind. Check it out here!
- Burninalways’ Quick Stormbinger Guide. Updated Stormbinger spec with the new changes in mind. Check it out here!
- Interrupts Standardized. Interrupts have been standardized:
- Pure Melee/Tank soul interrupts are now 20m.
- Ranged/Hybrid interrupts are now 30m.
- All interrupt abilities now require caster to face the target.
- Full changelog here.
- Dimension Items/Keys. A whole plethora of dimension items and keys have popped up in a whole variety of locations: crafted, planar crafted, notoriety vendor, RIFT Store and even as Nightmare Saga rewards.
There’s also a whole bunch of other changes/additions to the game with 3.3 that I haven’t included above since there’s nothing to expand on. Please refer to the full patch notes below:
|RIFT 3.3 – 07/15/15
ALL NEW NIGHTMARE SAGA QUEST LINE
* Seek out Tephael in Choreburg to get started!
NEW INSTANT ADVENTURES IN TARKEN GLACIER
After discovering the Temple of Aia, he inspired the ire of the Goddess herself, and she filled his mind with visions of a life destroyed by mortals. Now, Mann schemes in the frigid depths of Tarken Glacier, driven by a mad desire to rewrite Telara’s cosmic history.
Relive the fight for the Glacier – and stop Mann from releasing Shigoroth upon the Dreaming Seas. Tarken Glacier is the new Featured Adventure!
SHARED SHARD VAULT
WARDROBE UPDATE: COLLECT APPEARANCE SETS!
CELEBRATE YOUR FASHIONABLE ACHIEVEMENTS!
INTRODUCING TIERED RAID DIFFICULTY!
INTREPID GILDED PROPHECY
NEW LOYALTY TIER: SILVER!
QUALITY OF LIFE UI IMPROVEMENTS
RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
UI AND SETTINGS
– Mage: Arbiter: Freezing Gust: Range decreased from 30 to 20. Now requires facing on target.
– Rogue: Bladedancer: Weapon Barrage: Fixed several cases where this ability would fail to interrupt abilities it should have interrupted.
– Warrior: Paragon: Flinching Strike: Range increased from 3 to 20.
HARBINGER: ABILITY TUNING
ZONES AND EVENTS
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
TIERED RAID DIFFICULTY
How It Works
NOTE: Players participating in Introduction mode will not be able to receive credit for most achievements. Additionally, some achievements are only available in Hard Mode.
THE RHEN OF FATE
RETURN TO IRON TOMB
PVP AND WARFRONTS
Originally Posted by CM Morgana on 15th JULY 2015
You can check out previous patch notes here.