Trion has posted up patch notes for RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath. Patch is approx 2.86GB.
- Check out CM Morgana’s 3.5 Known Issues Thread for known bugs and status on fixes. Please send any bugs you find via in-game report feature or the thread.
Here’s a brief overview of major additions to the patch as well as a bunch of additional information not provided in the official patch notes.
- Fae Yule World Event. This year’s Fae Yule kicks off on Thursday, December 10th at 3:30PM Server Time (NA)(EU) and ends 7th January! There’s new capes, backpacks, dimension items, Faelight weapon skins, Midnight Mink, Holly Corgi pet, Minion adventures and more!
- Bonus Raid Loot in Experts! Last boss of Level 65 Expert Dungeons will drop Dormant Fae Yule Gift. These contain a piece of ‘dormant’ gear from Mount Sharax, Tyrant’s Forge or Rhen of Fate. Upgrade with Abyssal Crusader’s Accelerators (RIFT Store -> Equipment -> Upgrade Parts) to turn them into T1 gear. (Gifts have 12-day timer; can be reduced with Temporal Aligners from RIFT Store -> Chests & Keys).
- Faelight Sparkle Returns Quest. Be sure to pick up the Faelight Sparkle Returns Quest from Stuttk Fyrirthig in Flargle Plaza, Draumheim (or Tempest Bay). He is the warfront weekly NPC. Quest rewards random Tier 3 raid armor or accessory and requires collecting 500 Faelight Sparkles gained from Random Experts/Warfronts, looting chest in CQ, zone event participation, and some of the other weeklies.
- Fae Yule 2015 Guide. Check out a comprehensive guide to everything related to the Fae Yule World event here!
- Fae Yule Dimension Items. You can check out all the Fae Yule dimension items at RiftDimensionAddicts.com.
- Affinity System. A new system that rewards players for days/hours played. Previous play-time does not count. Rewards available under RIFT Store -> Affinity Rewards and include some previously lockbox-only mounts as well as some dimension items, Atia key, Orbs of Affinity and more. [r] [r]
- You get 5 Affinity for daily login (Patron-only) and 1 Affinity for each hour played, up to 3 hours per day. Affinity can be found at the top of your currency screen. It is gained region-wide (So NA and EU are separate).
- Further explanation of how Affinity hourly ticks are calculated can be found here & here.
- Shiny Wisps of Doom mount preview (.gif).
- Dimension Key: Atia gallery.
- The Dream Orb of Affinity items give the either the BiS for ‘Main Stat-only’, ‘Endurance-only’ or ‘Main Stat + AP/SP’. i.e. has a 1 in 3 chance of BiS stats for the gear slot/tier. (Thanks to Blahh and Boase for the info!)
- The Affinity fishing lures/poles have the same loot table as Uncle Stan’s Super Secret Lure. As per tooltip, the Uncle Stan’s Infra-cell Lure should work better than the super secret lure.
- Class-related Info:
- Mage and Cleric Damage Changes. Almost every Mage and Cleric ability has had its base damage increased by 7%. Full list of Mage and Cleric abilities affected here. Cleric’s “Diversify” mastery has also increased from 2.5% dmg per stack to 3% per stack.
- Cleric Defiler Change. Pain Transmission (the link-based AoE) is now an enemy-targeted spell that deals damage to the target and up to 4 nearby enemies. Damage substantially increased, but now divided between no. of targets struck. (Sounds like it no longer attacks based on proximity to linked targets).
- Primalist Savage Blow Mastery Change. Savage Blow now deals Ethereal damage over 12secs instead of instant Physical Damage. Damage increased by 20% for each DoT effect you have on a target, up to max 100%. Initial damage of Savage Blow reduced by 50%.
- Stats/Mechanics Change.
- Dodge Rating now increases Max Absorb amount by 5 points per point of Dodge Rating.
- Effects which deal damage based on amount of damage a triggering attack deals now calculates damage off of Absorbed as well as standard damage.
- The Mind of Madness – Final Four. The final four bosses of The Mind of Madness Tier 3 20-man raid have been released with 3.5. You can check out a livestream preview of them here. Be sure to check TopofRift for the latest standings, and guides to the first 5 bosses by Oria Xu.
- Tier 1 Ranged Weapon Proc Effect Change. The proc from Tier 1 relic ranged weapons from Rhen of Fate no longer boosts damage or healing of other Nightmare Tide procs.
- New PvP Gear.
- New Tier Gear. Marauder Supply Cache gear now has a new upgrade tier from Frenetic to Warmonger. The new upgrade has Tier 2 hit and applies to armor/accessories (not to weapons). The Marauder Supply Cache now drops Dreambreaker-tier gear instead of the previous tier (Marauder). It also no longer drops weapons.
- New Tier 1/2 Pvp-gained Weapons. Added to RIFT Store -> Equipment -> Weapons (at the bottom). Requires Warmonger’s Marks to purchase, which are gained from RIFT Store -> Equipment -> Upgrade Parts for 100,000 favor each. Warmonger’s Marks has a weekly cap of 6. Upgrades to Tier 2 with Tier 1 procs. [r]
- Stats/Procs Tables. Stihl over on the RIFT Forums has compiled an excellent series of tables and images that summarize stats/upgrade costs for the new Warmonger gear. Check it out here!
- Bolstering Changes. With the new upgrade, bolstering floor is now slightly higher than Expert gear, and Tier 3 gear will be bolstered down. [r]
- Conquest Changes. Pre-timer now only requires 750 kills, down from 1,200. Timer is now 10min, up from 5min. Also, you can no longer join an active conquest match once there are less than 200 kills remaining.
- Credit Pack Promotions. There’s two Credit Pack Promos on-going: $20 Pack gets you the Jolly Hellbug Pet whilst the $100 Pack gets you the Jolly Hellbug Mount.
- Wardrobe: Weapon VFX Addition. Trion has added the ability to apply visual effects items to your weapon wardrobe slots. Once applied, the vfx item is saved to the slot you selected and will remain even after changing weapon skins. To remove it, just empty the weapon slot and Save. [Image Tutorial]. The same vfx can look different on different weapons. Test some out!
- You’ll need an actual vfx item like the Particle Charge or Endless Overgrowth Oil to apply it to the wardrobe weapon slot. Trion has not added ‘vfx buckets’ like the dye buckets.
- Planetouched Wilds Dimension Items. Now available in dimension grab bags and Uncle Stan’s Lure. Also available with the Shal Korva Key Dimension Grab Bag available under RIFT Store -> Dimensions.
- Dimension Key: Atia gallery. (from Affinity System).
- Dimension Key: Peaceful Hills. A new Trove-based dimension key “Peaceful Hills” will appear in your in-game mail when you level any class to Level 5 in Trove. The new Chloromancer class in Trove can also be obtained from new NPC Chloromancer Evort. [Further details.]
- Dimension Key: Tulan. The Tulan dimension key is now available for direct purchase from RIFT Store -> Dimensions -> Dimension Keys for 1,200 Plat or 900 Credits. [Video Preview by Kitasia]
- Other Highlights:
- Amphibious Mounts. All mounts can now become amphibious with Underwater Mount Training item (RIFT Store -> Mounts).
- Mount API Support. Trion has added addon support for using mounts, so you can now create an addon that allows you to randomly select a mount in your mount list!
- Ascended Troves. Free pots/mounts/etc every 10 levels on the RIFT Store, starting at Level 10.
- Tint Fix. Trion has attempted to fix dye bug. Please post on RIFT Forums if you still encounter this issue. (i.e. capes occasionally turning green, other outfits as wacky colors you didn’t assign).
- Imperishable Motes. The drop rate of Imperishable Motes has greatly increased from Crafting Rifts.
For full patch notes, see below:
|RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath – 12/09/15
== FEATURES ==
MIND OF MADNESS
FAE YULE RETURNS!
FAE YULE QUESTS & ZONE EVENTS
DORMANT FAE YULE GIFTS
ACHIEVEMENTS & REWARDS
ON THE STORE
== GAME UPDATE ==
RIFT STORE AND SERVICES
UI AND SETTINGS
STATS & MECHANICS
ZONES AND EVENTS
DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
You can check out previous patch notes here.