RIFT news tidbits for 26-28th September 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
Open testing for the Primalist calling and the Planetouched Wilds zone is up on the Public Test Shard. You can learn more about accessing the PTS, gearing up and posting feedback here.
- Potential RIFT 3.4 Release Date Announced. During a recently uploaded MMORPG.com video, Trion mentioned the latest information is that the patch will be released on Tuesday, October 6th 2015. That said, they did qualify that it could be pushed back, although Dead Simon mentioned that he’d be “quite surprised if the date moves again”. [Ref: 34min 20secs into video].
- The MMORPG.com video also contained other information, such as hints to completing the ‘real puzzle’ in the Planetouched Wilds. Summary of key points here.
- Primalist: Typhoon Available on PTS. The Typhoon (Ranged AoE) soul for Primalist is now available on the PTS with today’s update. Please give the soul a go and provide any feedback in Vladd’s thread here. Known issues listed in the second post.
- Rogue Bladedancer Changes on PTS. As mentioned in the latest PTS Update article, Vladd has added some Rogue Bladedancer changes to the test shard. Abilities no longer calculate damage based on off-hand damage, and there’s a few other damage % changes. You can read a player-created thread about it here and check out an image comparison between Live/PTS here (ignore the damage numbers).
- Upcoming Warrior Tempest Change. Vladd mentioned in the chat channel during last week’s livestream that the Warrior Tempest soul would be getting an approximately 5k dps increase. (Thanks to Aaiden for the info!)
- RIFT: Rhaza’de Canyons Article. Trion has posted up an article with some screenshots and tidbits of information concerning the upcoming Rhaza’de Canyons Expert Dungeon. Check out the full article here!
- PTS Update + Datamining: Crafting Changes. Improved Dream Orbs are up on PTS from 25th Sept update. There’s also some upgrade cost reductions to existing crafted gear, Rogue Bladedancer Changes, new Welcome Screen, Fire Budgie mount skin and more. Full info + Screens here.
- Mobile API Possible Solution. Do you currently use the RIFT Mobile API for stuff like a Rift Event Tracker? PM Snedhepl with info on which specific API calls you use so that he can discuss potential solutions once the mobile app is removed. [r]
- Road to Primalist: REX Giveaway Winners. Winners have been announced for the recent 2x REX giveaway. Congratulations to Killossal@Faeblight and Myslic@Gelidra! Interested in upcoming (or on-going) contests? More details here!
- Known Bug: Minion Star Display Error. Occasionally you’ll see yourself getting 6-stars when in reality you’re only getting 1-star. This is a known bug. It’s only a display issue where a 1-star reward occasionally displays as 6-star, so you aren’t losing anything. [r]
- Congealed Dreams and Dream Weaver. Morticus will take a look at potentially giving Dream Weavers a Congealed Dreams recipe. No promises. [r]
- No 2H for Rogues. Vladd has re-confirmed that there’s no plans to give Rogues 2-handed weapons. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Dimension News for 3.4 [Dimension]. Out of the loop on what’s coming to Dimensions for RIFT 3.4? Seyler has written up a nice summary with screenshots that you can check out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!