RIFT news tidbits for 5th January 2016. Happy New Year!
- RIFT 3.5: Winter’s Wrath. Patch Notes and additional information.
- Guide: Fae Yule 2015 World Event. The Fae Yule world event is on-going! Check out a comprehensive guide to all the quests, achievements, minions and currency info here!
- Upcoming Region Downtime. Shards will be going down for RIFT 3.5 Hotfix #3 with varying downtimes for both regions.
- Fae Yule Ending. Fae Yule ends at 3:30PM Server Time on Thursday, 7th January 2015 (NA)(EU)! Be sure to have your Phase 3 Story Quest completed and transfer any Unique Snowflakes between alts so you can afford that item you’re after. Be sure not to miss out on obtaining your Snow Ki Rin or Nightbringer mounts via achievements either! [Guide]
- Just a reminder that Trion is working on properly rewarding the missing Fae Yule Grab Bag reward for Guardians doing Phase 3 of the Fae Yule story quest. [r] However, they must wait until after Fae Yule ends in order to get a complete list of players affected by this bug. [r]
- Note: The ‘World Event’ section of the RIFT Store might remain for another week if previous years are an indication. However, if you can afford what you want on the store, it’s probably best to do so before this week’s hotfix or end of Fae Yule.
- Faelight Sparkles Ending. The Faelight Sparkles Returns quest will also likely end soon. Since it was added right after Patch 3.5 and not when Fae Yule began, it’s unknown at this stage whether the Faelight Sparkle Returns quest will be removed on Wednesday after hotfix, or on Thursday at 3:30PM Server Time (NA)(EU) when Fae Yule ends.
- Last year the quest lasted an extra week after Fae Yule ended because Trion “missed the build time frame” to turn it off. It was intended to end when Fae Yule ended. [r]
- Once the quest ends, you will no longer be able to pick up the quest, and no Sparkles will drop in-game.
- About Puzzles. Some info regarding puzzles:
- [Spoilers] If you are at the stage in the Callweddi Puzzle where you are able to spawn all three ramps, player Parkhyeyeon has provided a tip that you can stand on the small square between ramps and complete each puzzle to generate the next ramp so you don’t fall off. [r]
- Dead Simon has mentioned that future puzzles will not have a plat wall like Callweddi Puzzle (with the 5k Rainbow Glue). However, the cost of the Rainbow Glue will not be going down further (it was already reduced from 10k to 5k early on). [r]
- On Moderation. CM Ocho has posted up a reminder of Forum Rules and what will get moderated. If you feel like you’ve been unfairly handled in-game or on the forums, please contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org. [r]
- On Content Releases and Profit. CM Ocho has also posted up some info about the reality of the timing of content releases and profit generation, mainly in relation to the timing of the Mind of Madness release. You can read it in full here.
- On Warfront Queuing. CM Ocho has explained how warfront queuing works in relation to why players sometimes end up spawning into a warfront that is about to end. In short, there’s a specific time when an active warfront will be closed to new invites. However, since the game gives you 45-60secs to join the warfront, and load-times can take a few more seconds, by the time you spawn the match might be close to over. Further adjustments are planned in a future update. [r]
- CM Ocho has also forwarded player LSUdogg’s suggestion that the cut-off to entering a warfront be based on amount of points the leading team has accrued, rather than time elapsed. [r]
- Further Tweaks to Shaman. Red Hawk has announced today that there will be “additional minor tweaking” on the PTS for the upcoming Cleric Shaman changes before they go Live, including a possible minor nerf to Courage of the Panther. [r]
- Just a refresher, upcoming Shaman changes include: Massive Blow always crits; Furious Blows SP scaling increased from 5 to 10% per point; and Massive Blow won’t consume Rage of the North stacks. These are already on the PTS for testing. [r]
- Item Proc Fix. The proc on the Warrior Tank’s “Reinforced Warmonger’s Axe” from the RIFT Store will be changed from a heal proc to a tank proc in next week’s hotfix. [r]
- Raid Check Spam. Tacitus will take a look at the issue of raid check spam in Instant Adventures. No ETA or details. [r]
- PA Exp Issues in PTW. Some Planetouched Wilds mobs are not properly crediting Planar Attunement experience to players. The log will show that the PA XP has been granted, but your actual PA will not be updated with the new PA earned. Unsure if this is player-specific, or affecting all players. The QA team has identified the issue and working on a fix. [r]
- Item Distortion Issues. It seems that RIFT 3.5 Hotfix #7 introduced some ‘item distortion’ bug. The edges and corners of some items (mainly dimension items) have been ‘pulled and stretched’. [r] Engineers are aware of this issue and working on a fix. [r]
- Affinity for Addons. Tynaut will add Affinity in to the Addon API, but warns that it might cause some currency-tracking addons to break. Those will need to be updated when Affinity gets added in. [r]
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- State of PvP in January 2016 [PvP][Video]. Grim has uploaded his latest State of PvP video, talking about the past few updates regarding PvP as well as how PvP is going right now. He talks about class balance, ranged-vs-melee, recent & upcoming soul buffs, gear and more. Check it out here!
- Dimension Gallery Dimensions [Dimensions]. A whole bunch of new dimension screenshots have been added to The Dimension Gallery from a variety of dimensioneers.
- Chulia-Jim Hensons Dinosaurs. Check out a gallery of this lovely dimension by Xaphiria@Brutwacht, containing multitudes of amazingly-crafted NPCs.
- Summer Retreat. A homely dimension with some lovely paintings by Dabasya@Laethys. Great atmosphere to relax in to take your mind off the winter. Check it out!
- Abandon Ship! Lovely concept with some cute aliens. Ever wanted to walk through an alien spaceship suspended in time just when the contents of the ship are floating in the air? Check out Zillaan@Deepwood’s “Abandon Ship!”.
- Even more dimensions can be found posted on The Dimension Gallery on a near daily basis! Check it out here!
- The Dimension Touring Company Dimensions [Dimensions]. The folks over at The Dimension Touring Company have been super-active in the past few days! It’s great to see the whole team back again!
- The Park – A Stormwind Memorial. Seyler checks out a hidden gem with Alexeda@Greybriar’s “The Park – A Stormwind Memorial”. There’s some amazingly inspirational architecture designs here!
- Pharoah’s Secret. Feendish has taken a tour of Hexcelle@Hailol’s “Pharoah’s Secret” dimension. Check out this Egyptian-themed dimension here!
- Let There be Light…Again! Feendish has posted up an article with tips and tricks to lighting techniques to spice up your dimension. The right lighting can change everything! Be sure to level up your lighting skills with Feendish’s article here!
- There’s plenty more dimensions and tips on The Dimension Touring Company’s website here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack (‘Ally of the Ascended’) with a 16-slot bag, vfx rune, cloak and unique title “The Chosen” by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!