RIFT news tidbits for 30th September 2015.
You can find full 3.3 patch notes + a summary with useful links here.
Open testing for the Primalist calling and the Planetouched Wilds zone is up on the Public Test Shard. You can learn more about accessing the PTS, gearing up and posting feedback here.
- RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #14. Trion updated RIFT with the latest hotfix. Dungeon/Chronicle respawning now takes you to the start of the instance; Greathound and Primal Warbeast mounts are now amphibious; and Nightmare Tide Trinket DoTs will no longer remove other players’ DoTs from the same trinket! Patch notes here.
- Notice: Soul Walk Respawns You. As an unintended consequence of the latest change to instance respawning, you will respawn when you try to soul walk as well. Raiders should be especially cautious of this during a wipe so your entire raid doesn’t end up respawning at the start of the instance. More info here. ETA on fix ‘probably’ in tomorrow’s RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #15.
- Also happens when you ‘die’ from a duel in an instance. You’ll be ported to the start of the instance.
- Planned Shard Downtime. Shards will be coming down for RIFT 3.3 Hotfix #15 tomorrow (probably to fix the soul walk respawning issue). 1hr downtime.
- Greathound Swimming Bug. Right now the Greathound has a bug when swimming where the mount will be static but your character will begin swimming on its own. Trion is looking at a fix. [r] For now, you can check out Nithydux’s screenshot of the bug here.
- Hail to the King of the Wilds. Trion has posted up a new article with a whole bunch of lore about the King of the Wilds. Check it out here. Also, clicking on the feature image links to a much larger, high-res version of the glorious King Khar and his sexy Shi-Ming sheep.
- Bolt/Cyclone-type Mounts Swimming. Marigold has mentioned that Bolt (Cyclone-type) mounts are on the list to get swimming. No details on whether this means they’ll automatically become amphibious or if you’ll need to use the Underwater Mount Training item. [r]
- Warrior Beastmaster Purge Nerf. Vladd mentioned that he had been discussing adding an internal cooldown to Warrior Beastmaster’s purge ability. This will be added to the PTS tomorrow. [r]
- Warrior Paragon ‘Path of the Hurricane’ Possible. Vladd quipped that he is “seriously considering” bringing back the Warrior Paragon’s “Path of the Hurricane” ability. Originally this produced a series of conal attacks that affected 8 enemies up to 20m away. No promises though. [r]
- Telarapedia has the old tooltip you can read here.
- Patron/Credit Repricing Further Info. TrionBrasse provided further information on the upcoming changes to Patron and Credit Pack pricing. EU prices include VAT. [r]
- Warrior Tempest Buff PTS. Warrior Tempest got another buff on the PTS, this time with ‘Grounded’ damage bumped from 15 to 18%. (Thanks to Colby for the info!)
Below is a list of content created recently by the RIFT community!
- Rift Watch and Win – Primalist Wilds Pack [Giveaway][Video]. Intim Gaming has started a new giveaway for a Primalist Wilds Pack! Enter your char@shard in the comments section of his video for a chance to win! Draw done 12 Noon UK Time after Tuesday, 6th Oct.
- Wardrobe Wednesday – Sept Contest Judging [Contest][Video]. The folks over at Rift-Wardrobe held their monthly Wardrobe contest, giving away a bunch of 4th Anniversary Arclight Rider mounts. Check out the video here!
- Be sure to enter via their website for October’s wardrobe contest!
- Unerwartete Wege [Dimension]. Seyler over at The Dimension Touring Company takes a tour of a homely abode in Thias@Typhiria’s “Unerwartete Wege”. Check it out here!
Missed out on some news? Check out the full list of RIFT News Tidbits here or the PTS/Live Comparison Page for a summary of upcoming changes. Patch Notes, PTS Updates, Datamining and Livestream Summaries are also available.
If you’re interested in the latest RIFT contests or upcoming events, check out RiftGrate’s ‘Upcoming RIFT Events‘ page and calendar.
New to RIFT? Get your Free RIFT Starter Pack by entering code: HH3LZXZ7W77QMQJMJQQQ in the Apply Code page!