Notice: Just a few quick pointers that you might want to consider before 3.4 launches, but after weekly reset.
First up the dates:
- RIFT 3.4: Into the Wilds launches simultaneously in NA and EU.
- North American shards come down on Wednesday 7th Oct 2015 at 6 AM PDT.
- European shards come down on Wednesday 7th Oct 2015 at 2 PM GMT.
- Estimated downtime duration is ~5hrs.
- Weekly reset is always on Wednesdays at 4AM Server Time (PDT for NA; GMT for EU).
For NA there’s only a 2hr gap between weekly reset and patch downtime, but for EU there’s an entire 14hrs! Beware of what you do in that time!
So what do you need to consider?
- Storm Legion currencies might be converted to plat and gear/quests to Void Stones.
- Hold off collecting Weekly Patron Gift as the lockbox might change to Jolt Supply Crate.
- Consider who you want to give various items from The Wilds Celebration Pack gift before opening up the individual items, some of which will turn Soulbound.
- Don’t raid before patch as 3.4 introduces extra loot and various nerfs to T1/T2 bosses. Also, Primalist loot won’t come out until 3.4.
- Hold off using craft lures ‘just in case’ Imperishable Motes drop rate increases.
- Hold off buying $5 Credit Pack as there might be a 15-day Patron Pass bonus promotion happening.
Over the weekend, the PTS got a currency conversion with all Storm Legion currencies converted to a small amount of platinum. Also, all pre-Nightmare Tide gear and quests have had their old currency costs/rewards converted to Void Stones.
It has not been confirmed whether or not the conversion will occur when 3.4 hits, but if it does, be sure that you aren’t ‘losing out’ thanks to this conversion.
- Bag of Innumerable Pockets. RIFT Store -> Storage. 36-slot bag. Costs 16,200 Empyreal Slayers Marks on Live, but on PTS it costs 45,000 Void Stones.
- Coruscating Ethereal Shard. RIFT Store -> Crafting. Used in old Greater or less dream orbs and for old dye recipes. Costs 1,500 Empyreal Slayers Marks on Live, but on PTS it costs 14,500 Void Stones.
- Master Focus. RIFT Store -> Equipment -> Focus. Bound to Account. Costs 5,000 Infinity Stones on Live, but on PTS it costs 27,500 Void Stones.
Of course since this is on the PTS, everything is subject to change and values could very well change when they hit Live. You’ll need to weigh up whether it’s better to purchase stuff before or after the 3.4 patch.
Check out the PTS Update: Currency Conversion article for more information about the conversion.
Hold off collecting Weekly Patron Gift
The lockbox you get from the Weekly Patron Gift ‘might’ change to the new Jolt Supply Crate. Of course if you prefer the old Abyssal Thresher Supply Crate, you can collect that before the 3.4 patch.
On PTS, the Jolt Supply Crate was added in and the Abyssal Thresher Supply Crate was removed. It seems that the Weekly Patron Gift often rewards whatever non-limited supply crate is on the RIFT Store, although sometimes there’s a delay.
This also means that if you ‘reaaallly’ want an Abyssal Thresher mount, now (before patch) is the last time you’ll be able to obtain one.
Wilds Celebration Pack
Before you get too excited over The Wilds Celebration Pack that you can claim from your Claim window on the RIFT Store front page when 3.4 comes out, be sure to consider where each item should go to.
Some of the items in The Wilds Celebration Pack become Soulbound or are one-use-only when you open them up. These are:
- Seafoam Crabnarok mount is Bound to Account, but can only be consumed by a single character.
- Trove of Boosts is Bound to Account, but the individual 160% pots inside are Soulbound.
- Ascended Gift is Bound to Account, but the Ascended Seal inside is Soulbound.
Just something to take into consideration before you start opening everything.
You can learn more about The Wilds Celebration Pack here.
Don’t Raid before Patch
This isn’t too much of an issue for North American players since very few guilds raid between 4am (reset) and patch (6am PDT for 3.4). However, this does apply to European players because you’re getting the patch at 2PM GMT.
Simply put, don’t raid between 4AM weekly reset and when the shards go down for patch 3.4 (6am PDT (NA); 2pm GMT (EU)).
When 3.4 comes out:
- T1/T2 bosses will get a bunch of nerfs. [r]
- T1/T2 bosses will all drop an extra piece of gear, and have Primalist gear in their loot tables.
- Matron and Sicaron in HK will have a new 1h Rogue weapon in their loot tables.
Hold off on using Craft Lures
Although Trion has not mentioned anything, you ‘might’ want to hold off using Crafting Lures until after the patch, ‘just in case’ they have decided to increase the rate that Imperishable Motes drop due to their use in new Planar Dream Orbs.
Hold off on buying $5 Credit Pack
Earlier in the week, the PTS briefly had a $5/5 euro Credit Pack promotion that gave you a bonus 15-day Patron Pass the first time you buy a $5 pack during the promotion.
This was taken down from the PTS a short while later, but Archonix has confirmed that it will be coming back on Live. [r]
Chances are it might appear right after 3.4 patch goes live.
In the Meantime
Whilst you’re waiting for the patch, have you got all your craft mats ready for 3.4? Check out the Guide: RIFT 3.4 Crafting to get an idea of what you’re missing!
Also, check out the RIFT 3.4: Into the Wilds Trailer here, with brief teasers of the Mind of Madness raid to boot!
Hope this helps you prepare for the patch!
Want to know what’s in the patch? Full patch notes by Trion will probably be released around the time the shards go down for the patch, but for now you can read all the changes we know of here.